Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Good to know, aszhole. I can calmly and seamlessly go into another decade of not buying anything with the Nyke brand on it.

link tos story

The CEO of Nike said that the corporation is a “brand of China” earlier this week, amid recent allegations of the company being implicated with human rights violations conducted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

John Donahoe, the new Nike CEO, while speaking to Wall Street analysts, said that “Nike is a brand that is of China and for China” when responding to a question about competition from Chinese companies during a fourth-quarter earnings meeting, BBC reported.

“We’ve always taken a long term view. We’ve been in China for over 40 years,” Donahoe said, expressing his optimism that the brand will continue to grow quickly in the world’s most populous nation.

Referring to the apparel brand’s co-founder and ex-CEO, he said: “Phil [Knight] invested significant time and energy in China in the early days and today we’re the largest sport brand there.”

Nike was recently criticized by a U.S. senator for turning a blind eye to allegations of forced labor in China, arguing they are making American consumers complicit in Beijing’s repressive policies.

Speaking at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on China’s repression of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in its western Xinjiang region, Republican Senator Marco Rubio said many U.S. companies had not woken up to the fact that they were “profiting” from the Chinese government’s abuses.

Sen. Marco Rubio
“For far too long companies like Nike and Apple and Amazon and Coca-Cola were using forced labor. They were benefiting from forced labor or sourcing from suppliers that were suspected of using forced labor,” Rubio said on June 10. “These companies, sadly, were making all of us complicit in these crimes.”

Rights groups, researchers, former residents, and some Western lawmakers say Xinjiang authorities have facilitated forced labor by arbitrarily detaining around one million Uyghurs and other primarily Muslim minorities in a network of camps since 2016.

Sophie Richardson, China director for Human Rights Watch, told the Senate panel that Beijing’s “extreme repression and surveillance” made human rights due diligence for companies impossible.

Nike didn’t respond immediately to The Epoch Times’ request for comment.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Nike [bleep] sucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now the narrative will become that of labelling anyone who won't patronize Nike as an anti-Asian bigot; AKA a RACIST!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The traitors identify themselves.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to know what Rubio considers forced labor.

No one is forcing those chinks to go sew nikes, or box up iphones. If the working conditions need to improve step 0 is to kill all the Marxists.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I'd like to know what Rubio considers forced labor.

No one is forcing those chinks to go sew nikes, or box up iphones. If the working conditions need to improve step 0 is to kill all the Marxists.

What s the quote?
"I'd rather be quiet and gave people think I'm stupid,
than open my mouth and prove it!"

Do some research on what's happening to the Uyghurs.
They aren't walking into these factories, applying for jobs, and going home at the end of the day.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t wear Nike anything, never have...Being in Oregon, that’s actually hard to do with Nike World HQ located in Beaverton and Phil and Penny living in Redmond, OR.

I do have several unopened sleeves of Nike’s Tour 1 golf balls that are part of my retirement strategy.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
$$$$$$$$$$

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
China market: 1.3 billion

US market, before deducting the ones that might GAS, 330 million

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
China market: 1.3 billion

US market, before deducting the ones that might GAS, 330 million

And that is the ruination of America.
Big Money, globalist, swamp, CFR,......

All about maximum money to the high cartel.

Who cares about Momma, Apple pie, or the flag.
Living on their level, it doesn't matter. Their freedoms, opportunities, are bought with money as plentiful as raindrops in Redmon OR.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you can be For the U.S. or against the U.S.
we now have confirmation of where Nike stands.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Only commie's wear Nike.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I think that when your source is "The Epoch Times" that it loses a lot of credibility.

Let's not forget that "The Epoch Times" is a wholly owned company of the "Falun Gong" chinese cult.

The leader of this cult has expressed his belief that space aliens live among us and that gay people should be killed.

So, how much of this story is twisted out of context, or misleading, who knows?

And, let's face it. Practically everything that is made in the way of clothing and numerous other items is made in asian countries now.

I think that if you boycotted every company that has ties to asian countries for selling, buying, or producing items of one sort or another, that you would probably have very, very few companies left to buy from.

Sad but true.

But hey, if you want to only buy products from U.S. companies and you are absolutely certain that they obtain nothing from and sell nothing to asian countries, then more power to you.

Last edited by saddlegun; 06/27/21.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by saddlegun
I think that when your source is "The Epoch Times" that it loses a lot of credibility.

Let's not forget that "The Epoch Times" is a wholly owned company of the "Falun Gong" chinese cult.

The leader of this cult has expressed his belief that space aliens live among us and that gay people should be killed.

And, let's face it. Practically everything that is made in the way of clothing and numerous other items is made in asian countries now.

I think that if you boycotted every company that has ties to asian countries for selling, buying, or producing items of one sort or another, that you would probably have very, very few companies left to buy from.

Sad but true.

Nice try, You stupid fugk. The Epoch Times is one of the most indiscriminate, neutral, fact-based media sources out there.

Stay out of the rain. You're so fugkin stupid, raindrops would drown you.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Sad but true.

Nice try, You stupid fugk. The Epoch Times is one of the most indiscriminate, neutral, fact-based media sources out there.

Reality is somewhere in the middle. Yes, Epoch Times has very strong ties to Falun Dafa. No, the ET does not express the opinion that space aliens live among us and that all gay people should be killed. But neutral? Not hardly. If there's a way that the Epoch Times can interpret facts in a way that makes the CCP look bad, then that's the interpretation that will be the headline. Read all the way through the article, and you'll get "the rest of the story". But you'll get info on China from the ET that is basically covered nowhere else. The Left absolutely hates them, too. So they've got that going for them...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Do some research on what's happening to the Uyghurs.

China doesn't want Muslims. I don't blame them, I don't want them here either.

But they aren't forcing them to work in Nike and Apple factories.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that gay people should be killed.

What is wrong with that?

Why not let chinks run China in the way they think best benefits chinks? If you are a queer or a Muslim and your host country doesn't want you, leave.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Sad but true.

Reality is somewhere in the middle. Yes, Epoch Times has very strong ties to Falun Dafa. No, the ET does not express the opinion that space aliens live among us and that all gay people should be killed. But neutral? Not hardly. If there's a way that the Epoch Times can interpret facts in a way that makes the CCP look bad, then that's the interpretation that will be the headline. Read all the way through the article, and you'll get "the rest of the story". But you'll get info on China from the ET that is basically covered nowhere else. The Left absolutely hates them, too. So they've got that going for them...

The truth is, that truth is biased toward Conservatism. Nagging inconvenience for the CCP and commie propagandist bobbleheads.

Proof? The CCP tearing up the Epoch Times office in Hong Kong.

Prolly an "accident", "miscommunication", or "wrong address".

NOT Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need to kick Nike out of the USA. We do not need anything china.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my job I have had some exposure to Nike. I found their culture to be strange and almost cultishly pro-Nike. Met four or five guys and all of them came to a business meeting dressed in track clothes with obnoxiously large Nike logos. We were informed what a tremendous opportunity a meeting with them was. This was before they really got into social causes.

Not a company I buy from not one I miss working with.

Fear the crabcat.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (21, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 35 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,776
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.