Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by milespatton
I bought this cooler yesterday, today I am testing it. Ozark trails It is in the back of my truck, under a fold back cover, which is black, and a white truck. In full sun. I placed a gallon milk jug full of ice that has been frozen for two days, in a chest type deep freeze, in the truck at 1:15 pm. Last night the low was 78f, and forecast to be 77f tonight. Todays high is forcast at 93f and is currently 91f with a heat index or 103f. Only time that I will open it is after three days to check progress. Open, look, shut. then daily until it melts. miles

What is the goal here? What happens when you discover the ice has melted? Start over? Buy colder ice? Move the cooler to a different test site?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like coolers.

Couple weeks ago.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't know why, but I always enjoy your videos. smile

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well thank you, that was one of my cooler videos...

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Heres the story on Yeti and Retic.

Yeti was invented and formed by two brothers.

They eventually split apart due to differences of political philosiphy.

The one who kept the Yeti part supported the leftest lieberal agenda and his brother
started Retic in Houston and followed the conservative pathway.

At times, the Retic location in Houston has blemish sales for fully functional ice chests at vastly reduced prices.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/07/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Uhh, yeah however there is no RTIC Butts online.

Get outta here wit dat knock off 😃

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I attended some meetings at a large engineering shop in Houston a while back. Heading to lunch with a friend he pointed out three Super Duty "King Ranch" edition pickups, all with Yeti stickers in the back window. Said the three guys were from New Jersey, Ohio and Colorado, and worked hard to out-Texan Texans. The really funny part was he said the stickers were knock-offs. They'd had to fire a gal in the graphics department who was making and selling them. Said the demand was so huge in the Houston area that apart from copyright issues she got none of her regular work done trying to fill orders...amazing.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Cooler threads are never not disappointing, kinda like chain saw and oil threads. Haha.

So cooler threads will prevail?

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
In 1970 i took my first fishing trip to Quebec.
And i continued doing that each year sometimes twice a year till i moved to Florida in the late 90s.
Of coarse ice can be an issue when remote camping for a week or more.
Back then there were no very good very pricey coolers available either.
After a few trips the number or those wanting to go grew considerably, meaning a bigger requirement of everything,
including of coarse ice.
Especially since a big percentage of them were serious beer drinkers who didnt like warm beer while out in a boat fishing all day, or sitting around a fire at night either.
So i built a large cooler from plywood with a removable but tight fitting lid.
It was lined on all sides with three one inch thick pcs of ridged foil faced foam insulation.
It was large enough to hold a single 200# block of ice we got from a local ice house.
It was kept in the back of my Chevy suburban at the place we launched our boats.
Every few days somebody would go by there and bring more ice back to the camp about 10 miles away.
The ice in that cooler never melted at all during the entire time there and gave us plenty of ice for the fish we took home.
But we also had a standard Igloo cooler at the camp and used for perishable food storage, and that was lined also with just one layer of the same foam insulation. Ice would last for several days in that cooler as well, even with it being opened more.
It took me a couple years to admit to myself that the problem wasent the way we stored the ice, but the way the ice was used, and the amount of ice that use consumed.
So i decided we didnt really need that big cooler so long as we had a couple smaller ones lined with the foam.
And we really didnt need the serious beer drinkers either, so they were given permission to go on their own.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AUGrad
Cooler threads are never not disappointing, kinda like chain saw and oil threads. Haha.

Deserves a quote.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by AUGrad

Deserves a quote.

BOOOO! HISS!!!!!!!! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by milespatton
I bought this cooler yesterday, today I am testing it. Ozark trails It is in the back of my truck, under a fold back cover, which is black, and a white truck. In full sun. I placed a gallon milk jug full of ice that has been frozen for two days, in a chest type deep freeze, in the truck at 1:15 pm. Last night the low was 78f, and forecast to be 77f tonight. Todays high is forcast at 93f and is currently 91f with a heat index or 103f. Only time that I will open it is after three days to check progress. Open, look, shut. then daily until it melts. miles

What is the goal here? What happens when you discover the ice has melted? Start over? Buy colder ice? Move the cooler to a different test site?

I’m guessing he’s timing it to see which cooler holds ice the longest?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hauling hay right now.

Just about sent the ol' 74 IH Loadstar into the ditch!

Lord have mercy!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So much depends on how you want to use a cooler.

Fact. If someone wanted to employ a really big one for, say, storing a thief for a couple weeks, and keeping cooler contents frozen, I bet covering the whole shebang with 20 yards of sod would do the trick. For 95% of my cooler needs, pre-chilling, block or gallon bottles frozen do what I need. If loose ice intended to drop temps and keep cold something big and warm-blooded for half a day in summer, a slurry always gets the nod. Ocean water+ice has done well for freshly killed tuna to 300 lbs in the round.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,398
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.