Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
WTS: used books on WWII naval and air history, military planes and ships, and world military histories.

ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO US ZIP CODES. I try to ship the next mail day after I get your payment. I accept cash, personal checks made out to me, all MOs made out to me, but don't take credit cards, PayPal, or online payments like Applepay.

To reserve a book or books, put "I''l take book #____" as a "reply" on this ad thread. Then I'll PM you my legal name and address for payment, mark the books you reserved "SPF" (sold) on the ad (as long as the editing function is available), and acknowledge your order on the ad thread.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE! (I get a little break on shipping multi-book orders, so I kick a little back).

WWII Air Power

1) SPF "Axis Aircraft of WWII" by David Mondey.

2) SPF "The Flying Greek: An Immigrant Fighter Ace's WWII Odyssey" by Col. Steve N. Pisanos, USAF Ret.

3) SPF "Fighter Pilots of WWII" by Robert Jackson.

WWII Naval Histories

4) "The Navies of WWII, An Illustrated History" by Antony Preston. Gives the details of the state of preparedness and strength of the main Allied and Axis navies at the start of the war by class of combat vessel, the technological and ship building developments during the war, decisive naval campaigns, battles and trends. Full of historic b/w photos of battles, warship casualties, and weapons, including airplanes and naval ordnance. Detailed diagrams and drawings of key ship types and weapons. HB 224 pp. exc.cond 9x12" format illus w/b/w photos, diagrams, lists, charts, and battle maps. $8

5) "U-Boats: the Illustrated History of the Raiders of the Deep" by David Miller. Begins with the history of sub development and U-boat operations in WWI, then all the details of WWII U-boats followed by their operational careers in WWII. Very detailed, includes the careers and ultimate fates of all known WWII U-boats, and the damage they inflicted on the Allies. Softbound, 208 pp. new cond. 9 1/2x10" format illus w/MANY b/w combat and interior detail photos, charts, lists, and maps. $7

6) "Silent Running: My Years on a WWII Attack Submarine" by Vice-Admiral James F. Calvert, USN Ret. Narrative of seven combat patrols in the Pacific, beginning with Calvert as a brand-new Ensign on a brand new sub and ending with the Japanese surrender after a very successful and very dangerous seventh patrol in Japanese home waters. Calvert went on to become a very prominent postwar sub and then fleet commander. HB 299 pp. exc. cond illus w/charts showing his combat patrols, index. $6

7) "Tin Can Man" by E. J. Saufley. Saufley enlisted before Pearl Harbor and spent 1940-41 on a battleship in the Atlantic, then the rest of the war on a destroyer in the Pacific in intense combat, earning 16 battle stars, mainly for close-in fire support of Marine and Army landings. PB 206 pp. exc.cond except for a few underlines, illus w/b/w photos, index. $4

Military Aircraft: WWI to Present

8) SPF "The American Fighter: 1917 to the Present" by Enzo Angelucci and Peter Bowers.

9) SPF "Attack and Interceptor Jets: 300 of the World's Greatest Aircraft" by Michael Sharpe.

10) SPF "Military Aircraft Markings and Profiles" by Barry Wheeler.

11) SPF "American Warplanes" by Bill Gunston.

World Military Histories

12) "The Atlas of History's Greatest Military Victories" by Jeremy Harwood. The 50 most significant military moments in words and maps, beginning with the Battle of Marathon in 490 BC when the Greeks repelled a Persian invasion, and ending with the US victories in the Gulf War. Each battle contains brief descriptions of its historic background, the combatants, the battle's stages, and the historic importance of the outcomes. With multi-color battle maps and a key "Factfile" for each. Excellent for adult reference and for starting home school history projects. Quality PB 224 pp. new cond. illus w/maps, b/w and color photos. $6

13) SPF "Lawrence in Arabia: War, Deceit, Imperial Folly, and the Making of the Modern Middle East" by Scott Anderson.

14) "The War for Korea: They Came From the North" by Allan R. Millett. Detailed Korean War history from the initial 1950 North Korean invasion of the South thru the American defeat of North Korea at Pusan and our advance to the Yalu, and then the defeats of the UN and ROK forces by the invading Chinese People's Army "volunteers" that led to the stalemated rest of the war, Great detail on all phases and issues, including the intel failures that led to the great "surprises" (on all sides) of the war. HB 664 pp. exc.cond illus w,many maps, charts, lists, and b/w photos. $6

Thanks for reading my long post!

Don't forget to take $1 off any books you order after the first one.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Last edited by Mesa; 07/01/21.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll take number 13

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Book #13 SPF to 257 x 50. Thanks for buying one of my books again!

PM on the way in a minute.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I will take books 1-3, and books 8-11. Will make some good hangar reading.

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 1, 2, 3, 8,9,10 and 11 SPF to Grumman. Thanks for buying my books! PM on the way ASAP.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Tag

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ll take #’s 4,5,6, and 7.

M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 4,5,6, and 7 SPF to Slowmover 12

Thanks for buying again! PM sent.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,183 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.