Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lslite
Gonna order a new bag.I ain't got the patience to deal with the TSA idiots.

Exactly what I would if I was worried about it.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
All of this jumping through hoops to satisfy a FedGov agency that nobody asked for and is violating our constitutional rights every day.

Wifey has some government clearance thing she did that allows her to get in a special line. Her bags immediately placed on the conveyor and done....While I’m stuck in the line with regular joe’s, me wondering if I’m gonna get jerked for something.

#NoStressJustGoWithTheFlow

🦫

They sell "edibles" in OR, no?

One or two of them, an hour before you arrive at the airport, and you be plenty mellow. And Flowin' fine.

Or, so I've been told. wink

My body and mind are a temple of purity.

😬🦫

Lying will NOT get you into the "good place".

at least not without a good long stretch in Purgatory.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I had a bag I used for the range. I had to get searched and explain why to bag tested positive for explosives. Gun power residue. Had to catch a later flight after being searched and interrogated. It was Denver, Co airport.

Denver International, IMO, is the worse airport in the US. Bunch of retards drawing a paycheck there, because they dang sure ain't working. They don't give a schit about you or your stuff.

DIA….. yep….. went through the security checkpoint once and they immediately cut me out and had me report to some nearby special area….. they then gave me a rubdown with some patches and paid special attention to my hands…told me that my hands had “lit up.” What? How? …. I suspected BS but “hey, you are the ones in charge…so have at it” …. .Checked my hands a couple of times and searched me ….that was it…. got on the airplane and wondered if I got all that attention because I checked a firearm in the luggage? IDK

Flew into Seattle from overseas and the nice lady at immigration told me that I had been “flagged.” Ok… now what? Soon another nice lady with a gun on her hip collected me and took me to an interrogation room and told me to relax but they would be a few minutes…. I looked around and saw that the room seemed to have really thick glass… as in bulletproof…..after about ten minutes the nice lady returned with some other guy and asked me if had visited any radioactive locations when I was overseas? …..told them no, but I had recently finished some radioactive cancer treatments…. They both looked relieved, grinned… and I was on my way.

Most TSA are “fearing for their job” poindexters who make a career of “much ado about nothing.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TF49

Flew into Seattle from overseas and the nice lady at immigration told me that I had been “flagged.” Ok… now what? Soon another nice lady with a gun on her hip collected me and took me to an interrogation room and told me to relax but they would be a few minutes…. I looked around and saw that the room seemed to have really thick glass… as in bulletproof…..after about ten minutes the nice lady returned with some other guy and asked me if had visited any radioactive locations when I was overseas? …..told them no, but I had recently finished some radioactive cancer treatments…. They both looked relieved, grinned… and I was on my way.

Most TSA are “fearing for their job” poindexters who make a career of “much ado about nothing.”
If they had guns, they weren't TSA. Most likely CBP (Customs).

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Just try to "smuggle" a 3# block of cheese (or 3 - it's heavy!) thru on your carry-on......

It self-identifies as C-4 in the X-ray. smile

After the first time, I'd just take it out and put it in the tray like a computer. No prob. then.

As far as Denver goes, I bet those Bozos in Billings can give them a run for the money. I know of people who travel farther to go thru Bozeman than thru the closer Billings airport.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by TF49

If they had guns, they weren't TSA. Most likely CBP (Customs).

Hmm… I think you are correct!

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

Originally Posted by Lslite
Gonna order a new bag.I ain't got the patience to deal with the TSA idiots.

My question is why push it? Yes I’m conservative PresTrump supporter but why push the issue thru an airport?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Before 9-11, my carry on was swabbed and run through a machine. Apparently the machine found some thing. They searched my luggage thoroughly and found nothing. They asked if I reloaded ammo. I said yes, and was allowed to board the plane with my carry on.

NRA Patron
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think you guys are making too much of this. Never had a problem with TSA. Had a grumpy agent at the firearms inspection room in Atlanta, once and I explained to him I didn’t hear so well and he changed his attitude right away. I usually use my range bag for a carry-on because the side pockets are padded and I carry my optics in them. The little beagles never give them a second sniff. TSA is just doing their crappy job and pretty well considering the volume they do.

IC B3

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
return trip from Az to NY where I claimed my legal pistol, locked in an approved case, ammo and mags in seperate case and put in checked baggage, after the Phoenix ticket taker checked the locked case, put it back in my baggage an agent came and took the bag to a secure area, I watched him open the suitcase, put the gun case aside and proceed to sweep my suitcase for explosives????? put it all back sent me to the gate to board and they loaded the suitcase on the plane??? It was easier to leave NY with a pistol then AZ never understood that one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I fly all the time with my hunting pack as a carry on. Never an issue.

Checked bags with live ammo is not an issue either, so simple residual smell shouldn't hold you up, even if a dog pops on it. Guns themselves just need the one simple form and they may do a sweeper test, but I have never had any problems.

I did forget about a 7 round mag of .45 ACP in my carryon one time. That was embarrassing but they just told me to pick it up from the local police evidence locker when I got back.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago when I was engaged, my fiance worked for Alaska Air. She would get me guest passes to visit her. Every time I used one, I got the full monty - the sniffer, pat downs,luggage searches, the works. I asked a TSA guy how they chose passengers to check like that and he just said there was something that was flagging me. I finally found out what it was. A guest pass was considered as sold on the day of the flight and at that time they routinely checked anyone who flew on the same day they bought a ticket. That was a real pain and I always had to arrive an extra half hour early to play their game. It was a good thing that I'd never had a gun before in my carry-on bag. That would have probably set off the sniffers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Traveled with a shotgun shooting bag numerous times, and use it carrying clothes when on the plane..Never got a second look...Asked the agent one time about it, and he replied that isn't what we are looking for.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 375Taylor
I think you guys are making too much of this. Never had a problem with TSA. Had a grumpy agent at the firearms inspection room in Atlanta, once and I explained to him I didn’t hear so well and he changed his attitude right away. I usually use my range bag for a carry-on because the side pockets are padded and I carry my optics in them. The little beagles never give them a second sniff. TSA is just doing their crappy job and pretty well considering the volume they do.

I don't recall anyone begging the worthless TSA parasites to apply for "their crappy job." If they can't perform minimal tasks intelligently and efficiently, they should return to their previous occupation of selling crack and holding up liquor stores.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life continues.

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
You know you can check a bag with a gun and ammo, right?

Yes, but you need to do the paperwork. A bag that gets sniffed without the paperwork will lead to delays.

What paperwork? I've flown numerous times on hunting trips and the only paperwork was the little card I had to sign and put in the gun case stating my gun was unloaded. I have never been asked which bag my ammo was in.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
Depends on the airport and how much of a douche the TSA wants to make themselves into for a nothing burger.

I’ve flown a lot with firearms and ammo bags...Alway checked in properly. I’ve been stopped twice over an empty of ammo bag used for hunting gear.

First time a huge deal...Swabbing everything, including my hands, empty all the contents, TSA not listening to why my bag lit up with residue...Supervisor shows up, listened to what I had been telling the neophyte agent...On my way.

Last time...Did a swab, whut-woah....But listened when I told her in advance that the bag may go hot...Quick check inside the bag and on my way.

YMMV

🦫

They did all that over a checked bag?

Carry on bag...It’s a large range bag. Guess seeing such a bag with outside mag pockets tripped a switch in the newbs brain pan....Gonna catch himself a menace to society.

Pulled my bag off the line and swabbed it. Didn’t even make it to x-ray machine before I’m yanked aside and the show begins.

After TSA dropped from Code Red to Yellow on me and the bag. Had to run the bag through x-ray.

Should’ve just x-rayed the bag and let me be on my way. Patience maybe required for Rook, wannabe cops at TSA.

🦫

Carry on and checked bags are two different things.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 20 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.