Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Cops ignore tourists.
You should see the Asshats on I-99 on a Penn State home game weekend.
Crap all over the windows, pushing 100mph going to the game. Drunk swervers coming back.

Cops"dont see nuttin".

Monday morning, 7 AM People going to work, tankers hauling fuel....
They are everywhere, writing tickets for speeding, or expired inspection stickers.

You should see I-10 in southwest Louisiana on Grambling/Southern University weekend in Baton Rouge. $150,000 Mercedes lined up going 120mph.

Last edited by Borchardt; 07/05/21.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Seafire is a lefty, bitch, Karen! Ha ha, just kidding my friend and possibly beating the other bozos to the name calling although I am not sure since I haven't read all the posts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Truckers w ont mind you too much. If you follow the rules.

DO NOT TIE UP THE PUMPS.

Have your ducks lined up, get fuel,
pull up pull up, PULL UP.

Get out of the way, then go pay.
When done paying, park.

Then go back in.

Thank you!
unless they are getting king-foo-yung rice 😃

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by mohave_mauler1
Payback time, the Oregon, Washington crew clog the fugg outs the roads in AZ all winter. 5 below the speed limit in both lanes and pull the same chit you talk about at gas stations all the time.

Feel free to ram their vehicles, pull them out and beat them until they cry.

😬🦫

Can't pull that [bleep] in AZ brother beav. Those cranky azz slow driving mofos are armed. Good way to get shot.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by strikeu
I pull a fifth wheel. My rig is right at 60 ft long, the fifth wheel is 41ft and the truck is 22.2ft RAM Dually, with a little overlap I'm at about 57 ft long. I've pulled across The US more than once.

I only get fuel at Truck stops. you're gonna get chit looks no matter where you go. Truckers are gong to look at you like you're in a toyota prius at the diesel pumps, and if you go through the the passenger side, then you have people like the OP being total pricks. I never block intersections on purpose, and I am fully aware that my rig doesn't belong in many places.

I don't hang out in the left lane, I rarely even pass even though I could do a LOT faster, I stay around the 65mph mark. People who don't pull trailers like that can get the holier than thou attitude, but wait until you're in a spot that you didn't intend to be in, being a richard head doesn't do you any good then.

Beat me to it - all of it..

My rig when hooked up is a couple inches under 65 feet - and anyone who pulls big rigs like these better know what they're doing and plan WAY ahead.. I only fuel up at truck stops also, but the 30-40 gallons I'll need is done in about five minutes so I don't keep any lane occupied for more than 10, maybe...which is a helluva lot less than a semi-driver who needs to put 200+ into the tanks.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I avoid Oregon as much as possible. Any place that believes humans cannot be smart enough to pump gasoline when surrounded by 47 states that pump gas for themselves, is primed for disappointment.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Payback time, the Oregon, Washington crew clog the fugg outs the roads in AZ all winter. 5 below the speed limit in both lanes and pull the same chit you talk about at gas stations all the time.

Feel free to ram their vehicles, pull them out and beat them until they cry.

😬🦫

Can't pull that [bleep] in AZ brother beav. Those cranky azz slow driving mofos are armed. Good way to get shot.

Truth.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by high_country_
I avoid Oregon as much as possible. Any place that believes humans cannot be smart enough to pump gasoline when surrounded by 47 states that pump gas for themselves, is primed for disappointment.

Dude,

I like when I go across the border for shopping or a Dr appointment.

Gas is cheaper and they pump it for me. I save money and don't get gasoline smell on my hands. Heck, I can even go in and pee while they do the pumping, come out, get handed a receipt, get in and drive away.

Sometimes they even do the windshield

And some gal or dude has a job.

What's not to like?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Having spent time in Arizona, I don't mind them b itching about Oregon Drivers.....

Oregon Drivers are actually better than the ones who have Minnesota plates, who come down and spend all winter.
Having lived in MN for 15 years, I can tell you they suck... when they are down in AZ they suck all the more...

Naw there are folks everywhere who are 5th Wheel drivers and handle their rigs as well as most decent professional truckers...
Then again, there are many who are seniors and their every day driver at home is a Prius....so they have no idea how to handle a rig as big as they bought.

I do have prejudice against California people from just what I see over at our local range....I couldn't count how many times I have seen them breaking rules, and then when told to stop it, their usual comment is "who care's or gives a F*^K its Oregon".. on our roads its like they leave their brains at home...
Californians seem to drive better in CA overall, better than they do when they are out of state...

both them and Washington drivers have a lot who seem to have a chip on their shoulders period..... I don't think I see that in the surrounding states with Oregon drivers.... even Oregon drivers know they don't have a good reason to act like they have a chip on their shoulder...

I know how to avoid the major roads that the 5th Wheel crowds and Motor Home crowds use. We are off I 5, and then US 199 goes from here over to Hwy 101 on the coast, to see the ocean and the Redwoods....

hey, If I offended any folks here, my apologies. For Oregon, I'm not a native, and the county I live in does not have a big abundance of the State's best natives, but we certainly have an overabundance of local Beavis and Butthead types...so don't think this is a " we are better than you guys" sort of thread.

We have Potland here, WA has Seattle, and then CA has both the bay area and So Cal... plenty of pompous, " we don't give a F*^K about you" sort of people to offer the rest of the nation...

But I still would love to see the Cops, write many of these people up.. they don't like us locals anyway....that is obvious.
'

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Having spent time in Arizona, I don't mind them b itching about Oregon Drivers.....

Oregon Drivers are actually better than the ones who have Minnesota plates, who come down and spend all winter.
Having lived in MN for 15 years, I can tell you they suck... when they are down in AZ they suck all the more...

Naw there are folks everywhere who are 5th Wheel drivers and handle their rigs as well as most decent professional truckers...
Then again, there are many who are seniors and their every day driver at home is a Prius....so they have no idea how to handle a rig as big as they bought.

I do have prejudice against California people from just what I see over at our local range....I couldn't count how many times I have seen them breaking rules, and then when told to stop it, their usual comment is "who care's or gives a F*^K its Oregon".. on our roads its like they leave their brains at home...
Californians seem to drive better in CA overall, better than they do when they are out of state...

both them and Washington drivers have a lot who seem to have a chip on their shoulders period..... I don't think I see that in the surrounding states with Oregon drivers.... even Oregon drivers know they don't have a good reason to act like they have a chip on their shoulder...

I know how to avoid the major roads that the 5th Wheel crowds and Motor Home crowds use. We are off I 5, and then US 199 goes from here over to Hwy 101 on the coast, to see the ocean and the Redwoods....

hey, If I offended any folks here, my apologies. For Oregon, I'm not a native, and the county I live in does not have a big abundance of the State's best natives, but we certainly have an overabundance of local Beavis and Butthead types...so don't think this is a " we are better than you guys" sort of thread.

We have Potland here, WA has Seattle, and then CA has both the bay area and So Cal... plenty of pompous, " we don't give a F*^K about you" sort of people to offer the rest of the nation...

But I still would love to see the Cops, write many of these people up.. they don't like us locals anyway....that is obvious.
'

I will most likely be driving like an azz on the 199 tomorrow, hopefully I can make someone from GP say they can't wait for these AZ azzholes to go home. I wont be towing anything but I'm sure if can get a couple #1 signs anyway.

I was not offended in the least, complaining about tourists is a good time. Don't get me started a n the LA idiots that take over and trash the river all summer.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seafire

'
LMAO... Yep - everybody knows that......except drivers from MN... laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by high_country_

Dude,

I like when I go across the border for shopping or a Dr appointment.

Gas is cheaper and they pump it for me. I save money and don't get gasoline smell on my hands. Heck, I can even go in and pee while they do the pumping, come out, get handed a receipt, get in and drive away.

Sometimes they even do the windshield

And some gal or dude has a job.

What's not to like?

Im not retired and don't budget for 30 minute fuel stops that net me 80% full. After riding the rollback when the powerstroke went down thanks to gas.....I'm fine knowing i got it right myself.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 1,479 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.