Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This one is probably going to cause some cognitive dissonance with our fire members. A man shot a motorist in self-defense in Houston. The motorist has been charged with aggravated assault and will go straight to jail when he gets out of the hospital.

BUT, the person who defended himself was a bicyclist, and the motorist was using his car as a weapon to teach the bicyclists that they shouldn't be on the road. I am pretty sure that running over cyclists has the blessing of the masses here, so this one should make some heads spin.

https://abc13.com/driver-gets-shot-...fe-with-truck-suspect-ran-over/10859767/

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cops consider a car coming at them as a deadly weapon and will shoot to stop it. Usually after a high speed chase. This cyclist was well within his rights to use any means necessary to stop the threat.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Where do you 'carry' when wearing spandex????

And NO! do not condone running over a cyclist.... much as I don't think that they should play in traffic!

Last edited by Muffin; 07/06/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This one is probably going to cause some cognitive dissonance with our fire members. A man shot a motorist in self-defense in Houston. The motorist has been charged with aggravated assault and will go straight to jail when he gets out of the hospital.

BUT, the person who defended himself was a bicyclist, and the motorist was using his car as a weapon to teach the bicyclists that they shouldn't be on the road. I am pretty sure that running over cyclists has the blessing of the masses here, so this one should make some heads spin.
/
Nah - but pouring coal is kinda fun to watch..

The ones around here are pretty cool about staying to the side of the road.. But there's becoming more and more roads with wider RH shoulders to accommodate the peddle-pushers with more room..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like cleaning my windshield on high speed when I pass bikers. If you can't maintain a safe speed on a road which is within 5mph of the speed limit, stay on the damn side walk.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I like cleaning my windshield on high speed when I pass bikers. If you can't maintain a safe speed on a road which is within 5mph of the speed limit, stay on the damn side walk.

Yeah!
Keep that damn farm equipment off the roads! Yeah!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

/
Nah - but pouring coal is kinda fun to watch..

The ones around here are pretty cool about staying to the side of the road.. But there's becoming more and more roads with wider RH shoulders to accommodate the peddle-pushers with more room..

In Palm Beach county Florida there's a law that states your supposed to stay 3' away from a bicyclist if your in a motor vehicle. I think that was put into effect to stop the azz grabbing while hanging out the window.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

If you have trouble going around a vehicle that is 2 1/2 feet wide traveling at 15 MPH, turn in your driver's license. You are a goddam idiot.

In many jurisdictions riding on the sideWALK is illegal, and for good reason. Those capable of thinking understand why.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/06/21.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Motorist 1 billionsix
Bicyclists 1

I dont see how the score works out man....

🥴🥴🥴🤔🤔🤔😁😁😁

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

If you have trouble going around a vehicle that is 2 1/2 feet wide traveling at 15 MPH, turn in your driver's license. You are a goddam idiot.

In many jurisdictions riding on the sideWALK is illegal, and for good reason. Those capable of thinking understand why.

Apparently you have never rode or drove up A1A from Delray Beach to Manalapan Florida. The queers in spandex are sniffing each other's azz tying up traffic, you'd fit right in.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No problem going around one bicycle, but when they ride 2 abreast it should be open season!!

Any your theory about the side walk. Makes no sense at all. You have someone walking about 4 miles an hour, bicycle going 15 miles an hour. Compared to a car going 55 and a bicycle go 15. Duh!!! Just get off the road!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 07/06/21.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Vehicle is considered deadly weapon when used in that manner.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Apparently you have never rode or drove up A1A from Delray Beach to Manalapan Florida. The queers in spandex are sniffing each other's azz tying up traffic, you'd fit right in.

Ridden or driven. Literacy, get some.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good shoot is good shoot - regardless of who does it.

One good shoot by an annoying sub-culture of people doesn't absolve the entire/larger sub-culture of its sins either tho. So in the end "meh".

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

One good shoot by an annoying sub-culture of people doesn't absolve the entire/larger sub-culture of its sins either tho. So in the end "meh".

Can you delineate the sins and speak specifically to how they have affected you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Can you delineate the sins and speak specifically to how they have affected you?

Repeated running of stop signs, riding against the flow of traffic, blocking intersections so the "group" can come through at a blistering 8 mph etc.

Don't act ignorant - you KNOW the cycling community doesn't have the best reputation with society at large. I know, you're part of it and would never do the above listed annoying things. Not talking about you - talking about the group.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
confused grin grin

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Repeated running of stop signs, riding against the flow of traffic, blocking intersections so the "group" can come through at a blistering 8 mph etc.

Don't act ignorant - you KNOW the cycling community doesn't have the best reputation with society at large. I know, you're part of it and would never do the above listed annoying things. Not talking about you - talking about the group.

How has that affected you?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This one is probably going to cause some cognitive dissonance with our fire members.

I am pretty sure that running over cyclists has the blessing of the masses here, so this one should make some heads spin.

Is there *any* subject which has not devolved into ego blustering & personal petty name calling?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well - as someone who's driving and someone blows a stop sign, I locked up my brakes and for the split second was thinking I was going to kill someone. Not a great feeling. I don't know if you've ever been responsible for someone losing their life, even not directly, but I have and it's an uber [bleep] feeling. One I don't need again because some idiot in a unitard wants to be "legal on the road same as cars" but unwilling to follow the same rules.

People in cars make mistakes too but I've yet to see a motorist run EVERY red light/stop sign they come across like cyclists do. It's not a "mistake" it's willful disregard followed by indignation at the guy doing it the right way when they're almost wiped out.

How would stopping for the stop sign affect you as a cyclist?

Me

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,148 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,869
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.