U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Al Sharpton to eulogize Arkansas teen fatally shot by deputy
by ANDREW DeMILLO Associated PressTuesday, July 6th 2021
https://newschannel9.com/news/natio...XYUGO4Md_1otq9twrz5kG31JThxMZqB4oO8mZhLI

BEEBE, Ark. (AP) — The Rev. Al Sharpton and an attorney for George Floyd's family are speaking at the memorial Tuesday for a white Arkansas teenager shot dead by a deputy, a case that civil rights activists say highlights the need for interracial support to address police shootings.

Seventeen-year-old Hunter Brittain was shot and killed by a Lonoke County sheriff's deputy, Sgt. Michael Davis, during a traffic stop June 23 near Cabot, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock.

Brittain's memorial at Beebe High School in Beebe will also feature remarks by Ben Crump who — along with another Floyd family attorney, Devon Jacob — is representing Brittain's family. Floyd died in May last year when a white Minneapolis police officer used his knee to pin the handcuffed Black man's neck to the ground.

As mourners filed into the high school auditorium Tuesday morning, photos and video of Brittain were displayed on a large screen above his casket, which was decorated with blue and white ribbons, the Chevrolet symbol and "Forever Chevy 17." Members of the teen's family and his friends wore shirts that read, "Justice for Hunter."

Lonoke County Sheriff John Staley last week fired Davis for not turning on his body camera until after he had shot Brittain. Staley said the only footage police have is from the aftermath. Arkansas State Police are investigating Brittain's death.

The shooting in predominantly white Lonoke County drew the attention of Sharpton and other civil rights activists and follows nationwide protests against police violence and racial injustice last year. Davis is white.

FILE - In this April 20, 2021 file photo, Attorney Ben Crump, left, and Rev. Al Sharpton shake hands during a news conference after former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin is convicted in the killing of George Floyd, in Minneapolis. (AP Photo/John Minchillo File)

A release by the National Action Network, which was founded by Sharpton, said the civil rights leader planned to "highlight the need for inter-racial support against police brutality in America" with his eulogy.

Authorities have released few details about the shooting. Brittain's family has said the teenager was unarmed and was holding a jug of antifreeze when he was shot. Brittian's family and friends have held protests nightly outside the Lonoke County sheriff's office and have complained about the lack of information released.

Staley on Monday said he welcomed those who want to peacefully protest, but that out-of-state activists could risk "inflaming an already difficult situation."

"The people of this county are good, decent people and they, like me, want to see accountability and transparency in this situation," Staley wrote on the office's Facebook page.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
Like a stopped clock of course. I maintain the deputy is probably an alright fella who was effectively trained and directed to murder. #takebarneysbullets

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
With so little information to go on.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Flipping channels, BNCtv is on now if you care to tune in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Communists unite!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pavlovian.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Like a stopped clock of course. I maintain the deputy is probably an alright fella who was effectively trained and directed to murder. #takebarneysbullets

What are you babbling about?

We’re getting half of the story; the side hoping to win the ghetto lottery.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

What are you babbling about?

We’re getting half of the story; the side hoping to win the ghetto lottery.

The narrative sets the facts.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

You suck and I dont care who ya are. FOAD. You were not there so keep your yap zipped till ya get some facts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Sharpton is doing this, it's not because he gives a schit about a dead white kid. This is a Scooby snack he throwing gullible people to convince them "we're all in this together."

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'll take the dead white high schooler is the equivalent of a career criminal druggie for $500 Alex...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Details are very sketchy. The cop didn't activate his body cam until after the shooting and he's been fired for that as it's department policy.

From an article I read:
A friend of Brittain's said he witnessed the shooting. According to his account, Davis pulled them over and Brittain's truck wouldn't shift into park. So Brittain got out with a blue oil jug to put behind his truck's tires and keep it from hitting the deputy's vehicle. That's when Davis fired.

[Linked Image from katv.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If Sharpton is doing this, it's not because he gives a schit about a dead white kid. This is a Scooby snack he throwing gullible people to convince them "we're all in this together."

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,426
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.