Hop To
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Around the homestead, that is?

Folks talking all the time about grill this, barbecue that, and even outdoor griddles.

Sure up in the woods camping, feeding a tribe, that's a thing.

Just a couple of us on a hunting trip, we're cooking over the campfire, just like Grandpa and Uncles always did.

But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range. And if the power goes out, there's a gas range in the RV.

After thirty years of marriage with no outside grill, Momma thought we needed one, cause everyone else has one! I told her, after thirty years, if we had needed one, we would have had one. But no, she insisted.

It sat on the deck for five years, and got fired up three times. One of which was to smoke a twenty five pound turkey with hickory chips. It was not bad, but did not match what the guy at the butcher plant can do.

I finally sent the thing home with my son. Six months later, he threw it on a load going to the dump. That was almost five years ago.

Now Momma is talking about paying big bucks for a Traeger. WT actual F?

I could purchase another handgun with that kind of cash. Or pay for serious upgrades to the coming 1911.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why fire up a furnace in the house during the summer?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We cook on the BBQ pit a lot, excuse for drinking beer.

Nothing like meat cooked with Mesquite wood

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please turn in your man card.

Ever since the beginning of man, we’ve used fire.

Hot pockets and red Barron pizzas are for puzzies.

Crockpots are for city folk.

Nothing beats a nice thick ribeye over a hot fire.

#fire

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Please turn in your man card.

Ever since the beginning of man, we’ve used fire.

Hot pockets and red Barron pizzas are for puzzies.

Crockpots are for city folk.

Nothing beats a nice thick ribeye over a hot fire.

#fire

Do use a crockpot a lot in winter or in the summer when I know I will be strapped for time in the evenings.

We are going to be building a new house within the next 2 years, it will have an outside kitchen.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 07/08/21.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just depends on what you want I suppose. We enjoy cooking outdoors. If you don't- nothing wrong with that.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love my Weber. No mess, no dishes, no fuss, good food. Mine is hooked up to my home gas line, so no running out of gas and filling bottles.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
First off, cooking in the house is on a gas range. Electric sucks.

I got rid of my outdoor grill years ago and haven't missed it. I have a smoker, and I have a fire pit on the patio that I can cook over hot coals. The pit is 4 feet across which allows for various heat settings on the grate grill. Cooking outdoors is fun when you build a real fire and wait for it to burn down before cooking. Consume a few drinks while waiting.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Around the homestead, that is?

Folks talking all the time about grill this, barbecue that, and even outdoor griddles.

Sure up in the woods camping, feeding a tribe, that's a thing.

Just a couple of us on a hunting trip, we're cooking over the campfire, just like Grandpa and Uncles always did.

But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range. And if the power goes out, there's a gas range in the RV.

After thirty years of marriage with no outside grill, Momma thought we needed one, cause everyone else has one! I told her, after thirty years, if we had needed one, we would have had one. But no, she insisted.

It sat on the deck for five years, and got fired up three times. One of which was to smoke a twenty five pound turkey with hickory chips. It was not bad, but did not match what the guy at the butcher plant can do.

I finally sent the thing home with my son. Six months later, he threw it on a load going to the dump. That was almost five years ago.

I could purchase another handgun with that kind of cash. Or pay for serious upgrades to the coming 1911.

I’d rather have a Traeger than yet another handgun.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We cook as much outside as inside, probably even more outside. It's hard to beat a good steak cooked over oak coals. And my wife likes me to fry the fish, shrimp and lobster outside. Ribs, pork shoulders and butts are great in the smoker. We have pork chops on the right now and the boss is putting BBQ sauce on them as I type.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Traeger that I gave my wife for Christmas a few years ago has been a gift that keeps on giving (to me) Love it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If Mama ain't happy...... ain't nobody happy!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We cook outside more than inside. Our weber gasser was built in 2002 and just keeps on keeping on. To each his own. I get a lot of flack for using a gasser but no one turns down food I offer so...

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't really have much use for it despite having put in an outdoor kitchen n the house. I thought I'd use it some, but my wife prefers to do almost all of the cooking. A couple of weeks ago I taught her how to run the Bradley, so she is off and running on that. Once we do the pizza oven I'll be completely free from cooking obligations.

So outdoor cooking is getting some use around here but not by me.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Kool Aid got dumped in the Idaho water supply?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Why fire up a furnace in the house during the summer?

Pay to heat the oven while the AC tries to cool the house as energy prices skyrocket; seems brilliant.

I enjoy cooking, I enjoy being outside, so I love cooking outside. Saving money on energy is a bonus.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[quote=Stickfight]I don't really have much use for it despite having put in an outdoor kitchen n the house. I thought I'd use it some, but my wife prefers to do almost all of the cooking. A couple of weeks ago I taught her how to run the Bradley, so she is off and running on that. Once we do the pizza oven I'll be completely free from cooking obligations.

So outdoor cooking is getting some use around here but not by me.
Nothing wrong with that.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weber Kettle BBQ w/ hickory/almond/pecan/or coal, and a hole in the ground for deep-pittin'.

Mmmm......

GR

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
We have a family tradition of grilling out every Sunday evening, year round. I look forward to it all week. I use a 1960s made, Charbroil 450A, that my Grandpa bought new. I can even smoke on it. I believe pork chops are on the menu this weekend. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How to do you cook a steak? Never could like a steak cooked in a fry pan personally.... This time of year about half of our cooking is outdoors mostly on the BBQ.

Rick
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,852
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.