Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep the heat outside when its hot out, and I like cooking outside. Less mess

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I do more than half the cooking and all the outdoor stuff, and that's fine by me. I enjoy it.

Lots of good stuff you can cook with a grill or a pellet smoker that you can't cook on an electric range or in a regular oven. They both have their places, but a lot of the best food I've ever had was cooked outside. A lot of the rest of it was cooked sous vide. Some of it was both.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, just come in from outside grilled 5 burgers. So I can have something to eat the next two days. And see this thread. 😃

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane
Hotpoint propane outdoor range top
Masterbuilt 40” electric smoker
Stainless frankegrill (can do 3 chicken and 3 butts)
8ft x 3ft concrete block lined, ground pit. (Can do dozens of butts)

I built this 24x24 outdoor area in 2014. All connected to my existing covered porches, smoked polycarbonate clear roof panel.

I don’t have plumbing in it but ai have a triple sink on our other patio, our outdoor canning patio.

Was not going to cover it at first but decided I’d get more use out of the slab. We set up a pool table or unfold ping pong table, have a 10x12 screen and projection I can set up too.

Used to duct jack to get all my LVLs up and in place, fab’d all my brackets. Mrs slumlord did all the tile and rock work. Just us. Like always.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’d rather have a Traeger than yet another handgun.

Exactly. If I was starting from scratch I'd have a gas grill with sear burner, pellet grill, and probably a kamodo grill before I'd buy a third handgun. Hard to do without CCW and a bear revolver, but after that it'd be grills.

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 07/08/21.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That looks damn nice and inviting Slummy!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chris_c
Keep the heat outside when its hot out, and I like cooking outside. Less mess

this exactly.....

Weber grill.....Dutch ovens.......Blackstone griddle.....wood fired smoker

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, just come in from outside grilled 5 burgers. So I can have something to eat the next two days. And see this thread. 😃

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane

I built this 24x24 outdoor area in 2014. All connected to my existing covered porches, smoked polycarbonate clear roof panel.

I don’t have plumbing in it but ai have a triple sink on our other patio, our outdoor canning patio.

Was not going to cover it at first but decided I’d get more use out of the slab. We set up a pool table or unfold ping pong table, have a 10x12 screen and projection I can set up too.

Used to duct jack to get all my LVLs up and in place, fab’d all my brackets. Mrs slumlord did all the tile and rock work. Just us. Like always.

That is a badazz outdoor setup slumlord. Where was the ground pit you mentioned?Been wanting to dig one and do a whole hog but so far I'm gathering free materials for a fall cook.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Around the homestead, that is?

Folks talking all the time about grill this, barbecue that, and even outdoor griddles.

Sure up in the woods camping, feeding a tribe, that's a thing.

Just a couple of us on a hunting trip, we're cooking over the campfire, just like Grandpa and Uncles always did.

But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range. And if the power goes out, there's a gas range in the RV.

After thirty years of marriage with no outside grill, Momma thought we needed one, cause everyone else has one! I told her, after thirty years, if we had needed one, we would have had one. But no, she insisted.

It sat on the deck for five years, and got fired up three times. One of which was to smoke a twenty five pound turkey with hickory chips. It was not bad, but did not match what the guy at the butcher plant can do.

I finally sent the thing home with my son. Six months later, he threw it on a load going to the dump. That was almost five years ago.

Now Momma is talking about paying big bucks for a Traeger. WT actual F?

I could purchase another handgun with that kind of cash. Or pay for serious upgrades to the coming 1911.

I cook about the same on the grill as I do in the kitchen.

Your loss, honestly....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Slummy's setup looks great!

I cook on the grill more than I do inside.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Barbecue is something you eat, not something you do. Pork shoulder in this part of the country.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Now Momma is talking about paying big bucks for a Traeger. WT actual F?

If Mama ain't happy...... ain't nobody happy!

And that's the whole truth. But in all reality, Momma is not the least bit interested in cooking on the Traeger. She just likes the idea of having one because two of our kids each have one.

If she really wanted something cooked on the Traeger, she would have taken it 200 feet and cooked it on the one sitting on Daughter's patio.

Beef? She will eat about two bites of a steak about once a year. Maybe a hamburger every week or two.

Shellfish? Ain't nobody around here interested in eating any shellfish of any kind. I just gave away a bag of salmon filets, a couple lobster tails and a big bag of 16 count shrimp which was gifted to us. Nobody between here and my daughters house was interested in any of it.

Fish? If Momma never ate another bite of any fish in her life, she would be happy.

We use lots of chicken, prepared as a dish. Grilled? not interested. Fried? from a deli!

Pork? Steaks or chops once or twice a month.

I dredge steaks, pork or beef, in flour and toss them in a pan of hot oil. I do not prefer grilled over that.

A slowcooker? It has not been pulled out of the cupboard in about four years. I will make chile beans with hamburger, or ham and beans in the pressure cooker.

That is our lifestyle. A great big Brinkman grill on the deck did not change that lifestyle. I sure don't think a Traeger would either.

Momma really likes to cook. Which, to her, means mixing ingredients in a bowl, and adding them to a pan on the stove.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If all I had was an electric stove and no grill or smoker of any kind, I’d eat out every damn meal.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Why fire up a furnace in the house during the summer?

Pay to heat the oven while the AC tries to cool the house as energy prices skyrocket; seems brilliant.

I enjoy cooking, I enjoy being outside, so I love cooking outside. Saving money on energy is a bonus.

I find little joy in standing in the sun over a fire with ambient temp between 100 and 110, after spending 10 hours in that heat all day at work.

Yes, I can afford to buy the electricity to pump the oven heat back outside.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than pellets, charcoal, or propane to run a grill. So that is a specious argument.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
All 3 daughters are grown, 2 gone.

Used ta bbq all the time.
Hotdogs
Hamburgers
Steaks
Chicken
Ribs
Pork chops
Deer meat recipes.

Probably been 10 or 12 yrs.

Slice of bark meat or burger from slumlords cooking every once in awhile now.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane

I built this

24x24 outdoor area in 2014. All connected to my existing covered porches, smoked polycarbonate clear roof panel.

GET OUT PIMP !!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane

Beautiful work there Slummy. You folks obviously enjoy it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't like eating outside, but I sure do like meat cooked over wood outside.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Some food is just not good unless grilled. Steak and pork chops come to mind...

Oh, and I hate eating outside. Don't need the wind or bugs.

Last edited by dogcatcher223; 07/08/21.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Summer 12 I burned the back deck down bbq’ing wife won’t let me cook outside no mo. Matter of 20 minutes 10 grand back deck gone. My wife was pissed had to sleep in spare bedroom for a month. The going joke around here is he said “just a little more charcoal fluid”. What’s even more embarrassing my bud worked for the fire department and was on scene. I’m going to just stop talking about it.

Last edited by 79S; 07/08/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.