FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Are exhaust fans over the kitchen range not a thing for some of you?

Ours don't work worth a crap.

I need to go to Kitchens are Us and get an industrial model.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you think any electric range is a perfectly good way to cook, you don’t care enough about the quality of your food to understand why many of us also like to cook outside with wood or charcoal.

Mathew 22: 37-39

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
It will be 115* here today. I think I will go out and stand in front of a fire to drink beer.

It is a fact that bbqing was invented by women to get their simpleminded menfolk to cook dinner and get out of the house. Crafty gals baited the trap w/ beer.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Looks great! Rather kick around there than inside anyday!

Youse guys have obviously never lived through an Idaho Desert summer. We had 12 days in June over 95 degrees. It has been recorded at Boise 98 to 107 every day since June 26 with no end expected until near September. We are usually significantly warmer on this end of the valley. For example, Monday is recorded at 103, but I saw thermometers at 111 over here.

But, HEY, it's a dry heat! Right?

As mentioned previously, I HAVE to spend forty hours/week out in that. I find no joy going back into it after I get home.

I used to have to feed and milk cattle, and irrigate, and stack hay all day in heat like this. But that shcitt is well reserved for the young. Now I am older and near retirement. I will take the AC. I have earned it. And I can afford it.

Now excuse whatsoever.

I lived/worked where an average day's high temp in July was 108F. Yes, just an average day. It was regularly over 115F, and one stretch was 5 days in a row, not just 5 days in July, over 120F with the hottest hovering between 126F-128F on the ranger station thermometer 1/2 mile down the road. Mine read about 122-124F.

I had a nicer grill then than I have now, charcoal of course. And it was well used in the summertime.

By the time it was starting to get dusk in the canyon, a couple hours early than up the hill, it was cool enough to cook. As in 110F or so. Besides cooking, one could get in some yard work as the sun was setting too. I once mowed the lawn and thought it was quite pleasant out, so I looked at the thermometer................104F.

Oh, we worked at least 8 hrs a day in that heat too. Of course, we started at 0600 so we could go home around 1430-1500 and get out of the heat, until it was time to ..............................grill some food.

Outdoor heat is no excuse.

Don't need any excuse. Already explained I prefer the taste of floured and pan fried fish, pork, beef, or chicken. Ridiculous summer temps only reinforce the desire to cook under the AC.

If anyone around here wanted to use a grill, there would be a grill on the patio. No one in this house actually wants to use one. If I bought the Traeger, it would sit out there in the sun and rain. Five years or ten years from now it would still be sitting there with the first 50 lb bag of pellets in the hopper.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by lvmiker
It will be 115* here today. I think I will go out and stand in front of a fire to drink beer.

Ha, good point!

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
rain, snow or shine, meat gets cooked outside here. Didn't know there was another way to do it.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by chris_c
Keep the heat outside when its hot out, and I like cooking outside. Less mess

this exactly.....

Weber grill.....Dutch ovens.......Blackstone griddle.....wood fired smoker

Same here, but my "arsenal" is a smoker, pellet grill, and Weber Kettle.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

I am not trying to impress anyone!

You're a professional at being unimpressive, no matter the subject.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's something to kill it and grill it. If it will hold together over flame on a grate, I've at least tried it. Only times not, it's precipitating (white or wet) and blowing hard, or well below zero.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

805 Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Absolutely you need a BBQ and to cook outside. Especially in summer time. We live outside cooking over oak coals, listening to music, sharing stories, drinking beer.
Just this past weekend BBQ baby back ribs, homemade elk linquica and some pork belly!

Attached Images
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

It is a fact that bbqing was invented by women to get their simpleminded menfolk to cook dinner and get out of the house. Crafty gals baited the trap w/ beer.

mike r

With temps like that, I might well adjust my outlook!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Probably will not break 60* here today.

It’s just terrible. 😉

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Looks great! Rather kick around there than inside anyday!

Youse guys have obviously never lived through an Idaho Desert summer. We had 12 days in June over 95 degrees. It has been recorded at Boise 98 to 107 every day since June 26 with no end expected until near September. We are usually significantly warmer on this end of the valley. For example, Monday is recorded at 103, but I saw thermometers at 111 over here.

But, HEY, it's a dry heat! Right?

As mentioned previously, I HAVE to spend forty hours/week out in that. I find no joy going back into it after I get home.

I used to have to feed and milk cattle, and irrigate, and stack hay all day in heat like this. But that shcitt is well reserved for the young. Now I am older and near retirement. I will take the AC. I have earned it. And I can afford it.

Now excuse whatsoever.

I lived/worked where an average day's high temp in July was 108F. Yes, just an average day. It was regularly over 115F, and one stretch was 5 days in a row, not just 5 days in July, over 120F with the hottest hovering between 126F-128F on the ranger station thermometer 1/2 mile down the road. Mine read about 122-124F.

I had a nicer grill then than I have now, charcoal of course. And it was well used in the summertime.

By the time it was starting to get dusk in the canyon, a couple hours early than up the hill, it was cool enough to cook. As in 110F or so. Besides cooking, one could get in some yard work as the sun was setting too. I once mowed the lawn and thought it was quite pleasant out, so I looked at the thermometer................104F.

Oh, we worked at least 8 hrs a day in that heat too. Of course, we started at 0600 so we could go home around 1430-1500 and get out of the heat, until it was time to ..............................grill some food.

Outdoor heat is no excuse.

Don't need any excuse. Already explained I prefer the taste of floured and pan fried fish, pork, beef, or chicken. Ridiculous summer temps only reinforce the desire to cook under the AC.

If anyone around here wanted to use a grill, there would be a grill on the patio. No one in this house actually wants to use one. If I bought the Traeger, it would sit out there in the sun and rain. Five years or ten years from now it would still be sitting there with the first 50 lb bag of pellets in the hopper.

Yes, but will it make your wife happy?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I am not trying to impress anyone!

You're a professional at being unimpressive, no matter the subject.

When the Texass Tornado , JGRimjob ,starts cutting on you , It’s real baddddd

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ironbender

mike r

With temps like that, I might well adjust my outlook!

He’s a dip schidt . It’s not like you have to be glued right in front of it the whole time. Go drink beer in the shade or even inside

Dumb azzes

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Not really. She would grin for about five minutes when it came off the truck.

Then I would get hollered at for the next ten years because it would be sitting on the patio gathering cobwebs and harboring yellow jackets. And finally she would have somebody haul it up and toss it in the dumpster......along with the first bag of pellets ever bought for it.

After forty years, this ain't the first time I have seen this rodeo.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If it isn't for you then it isn't for you.

I don't flour them, but I can sizzle up a fine steak in a pan. I like them grilled too.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, where on the "Man Card:, fine print, does it say we all have to like the exact same things? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the hell is a tomahawk?

I know you are not talking about a stone axe. Or anti-ship missiles launched from submarines or surface craft.

You should be bludgeoned to near death with it for asking what a tomahawk is.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#Unredeemable

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 9 of 25 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,536
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.