Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mikieb
I live in rural Wisconsin and I have my own area, on my own land, to shoot when ever I want or need to....

I have a few folk that live in the near distance... that also have area on their own land to shoot... and I have a small quantity of Public land near by with little to no regulations for recreational shooting...

Before the ammo shortage set in.... One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

Other land owners around me that are from urban areas come out on random weekends and do the same from time to time... Then you add in the random recreational shooter on the public land near me and all you hear all weekend and some week days in the summer is non-stop gunfire...

The 4th of July weekend reminded me of how nice it is to have the ammo shortage... and not have to hear gunfire in the country all day, every day.

Now, when I occasionally hear gunfire off in the distance.... I think.... "that guy must be wealthy..."

I love rural Wisconsin and try to vacation there every year. If I were ready to retire I would offer to trade places with you. You could live here and listen to sirens.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I live a mile from a 500 member Sportsmen club.

7 days week rifle fire from 9am until sunset, clay birds every night until sunset.

I love sitting outside and listening to the sound of freedom.

WS

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Perhaps these fans of silence could be encouraged to support the Hearing Protection Act

Last edited by silver78; 07/12/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhhh the sound of Freedom...........Yeah it sucks.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by irfubar
Gunfire is the sound of freedom...... smile

Even in Chicago.

I would bet a bunch of Chicago homicides are justified, the shooter just walks off and disappears. Doesn't want to face a gun charge.

The shooter walks off and disappears into the crowd....they all look alike, Where are they getting all the ammo from is the real question.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never had anyone say anything to me about my guns or hunting on the public patch near here, which has gotten pretty popular for casual walkers during the Plague, except to ask how I did, or to wish me luck. One time though, a busload of middle-schoolers stared at me in my camo and carrying a SxS 12 as though I were Usama bin Laden. I was all primed to lecture them on who paid for the property they were starting their Duckie float from, but the teacher just smiled and kept quiet.

There’s an adjoining private property with a small berm built, and they blast away pretty good some days. Last season I heard some shots on the WMA, then later a hiker came by and mentioned he had expended some of his precious 9mms on his coffee cup. Later, I found the pieces. Fugger.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I live at the edge of town. There is a gun range half a mile from me. The ammo shortage has really cut back on the constant shooting. I miss the sound.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know a few folks who have moved out of peaceful and quite subdivisions to rural properties. They didnt find peace and solitude they found Atvs running around lots of gun shots and noise. Most moved onto 40 acres or better properties with good neighbors at the time they bought. Neighbors change and less desirable neighbors moved in. I guess if you can afford or find several hundred acres you can buffer but a smaller property is risky around here from what I can see.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
I live in rural Wisconsin and I have my own area, on my own land, to shoot when ever I want or need to....

Now, when I occasionally hear gunfire off in the distance.... I think.... "that guy must be wealthy..."

Move to town problem solved.

You'll still hear gunfire all day, but you will know some wasn't just popped at paper

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a new neighbor that has gun shy dogs. She beeeeeches when I shoot. The solution was I text her before I shoot. She's harmless enough. Then on the 4th of July wife and I were watching the other neighbors shoot fireworks. Crazy biotch pulls put of her driveway to go the half mile and complain about the fireworks.

Some people have a lot of nerve...

Now the same pita neighbor is parking on the edge of my land without asking...

I'm thinking it's time to shoot a couple 30rd mags without texting and tell them they park on land without asking. Why should I extend the courtesy of a warning before gunfire??

Hunt...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by irfubar
Gunfire is the sound of freedom...... smile

Even in Chicago.

I would bet a bunch of Chicago homicides are justified, the shooter just walks off and disappears. Doesn't want to face a gun charge.

The shooter walks off and disappears into the crowd....they all look alike, Where are they getting all the ammo from is the real question.
You can buy all the ammo you want on gunbroker.com. Costs a lot.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm taking my wife ,she shoots, 5 others that have never shot before to my gun club today. They are all her family. Ages 11 to 74, just 22 rifles and pistols, one brick will be shot.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
I'm taking my wife ,she shoots, 5 others that have never shot before to my gun club today. They are all her family. Ages 11 to 74, just 22 rifles and pistols, one brick will be shot.

That is sad that someone can get to be that age without ever firing a gun.

I bet all will have smiles! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not I.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CBB
I have a new neighbor that has gun shy dogs. She beeeeeches when I shoot. The solution was I text her before I shoot. She's harmless enough. Then on the 4th of July wife and I were watching the other neighbors shoot fireworks. Crazy biotch pulls put of her driveway to go the half mile and complain about the fireworks.

Some people have a lot of nerve...

Now the same pita neighbor is parking on the edge of my land without asking...

I'm thinking it's time to shoot a couple 30rd mags without texting and tell them they park on land without asking. Why should I extend the courtesy of a warning before gunfire??

Courtesy is never a mistake. Good on you for trying. Maybe ask her if she wants to shoot your 22 sometime. She's obviously got much bigger problems than you. At least her dogs aren't pooping in your yard.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Only a Leftist would love an ammo shortage

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I live on edge of town.
West of me I hear some shooting ( country ).
One guy has class 3......he aint been shooting as much.
In fact aint heard any from him for a while

Minor range stuff a little diff direction. They used to shoot eves or weekends. Some shooting but maybe once a month now.

Have heard shooting east of me, in town.
Chicago type BS.

Some water west, by ag. Goose season they light em up sunrise and sunset. Brings a smile to my facr when I hear a volley.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/12/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before the ammo shortage set in.... One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

All I hear all weekend, every weekend, is lawn mowers.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
FUDD

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The ammo shortage is just awesome.

Right up until you need to buy some ammo.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.