Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
How is a young man supposed to know etiquette or being an old school gentleman if no one has taught them.

Most have literally never even been taught how to properly shake hands, hold a door open properly, hat etiquette, (and rural west/ranch culture is a bit different), or even how to sit down and eat at a formal dinner. Manners and things like that have to be taught. It starts at home.

Maybe both the parents and the kids need to put down the iPhones and spend some time together learning that stuff.

Absolutely!

Yep. Great post!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Just being respectful is too hard for some apparently.

As for me I do wear one a lot...even got in the shower with it on once without noticing lol

But at a church or funeral or other place of worship, etc? Never.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The individuals that bother me the most are those that come up to you after you have spoken up about something and say "Thanks for saying something".

I can't cotton to those that are afraid to say anything but will complain about it endlessly.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Are cowboy hats OK at Texas funerals? What if it is outside?

Hat decorum seems important in texas, ol' curdog would've slapped 'em off and curbstomped those punks.

The USA began a downhill slide when they started letting punks wear shorts at the country club, next they'll start lettin' bleeders in the mens bar!!

#weneedmorerules

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You didn't mention the ages of said douchebags, but the current young generation is the most worthless in all of human history.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
How is a young man supposed to know etiquette or being an old school gentleman if no one has taught them.

Most have literally never even been taught how to properly shake hands, hold a door open properly, hat etiquette, (and rural west/ranch culture is a bit different), or even how to sit down and eat at a formal dinner. Manners and things like that have to be taught. It starts at home.

Maybe both the parents and the kids need to put down the iPhones and spend some time together learning that stuff.

Absolutely!

Yep. Great post!

Their single moms and about half of their dads are the second most worthless in all of human history.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
The individuals that bother me the most are those that come up to you after you have spoken up about something and say "Thanks for saying something".

I can't cotton to those that are afraid to say anything but will complain about it endlessly.

Thanks for saying something, Ray.

And welcome to The Campfire !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I dated a girl for a bit that told me her ex always wore a hat. He was losing his hair, and instead of owning it, he hid it with a hat. He would even try to wear it to nice restaurants and she said it was a bone of contention.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by stevelyn

You didn't mention the ages of said douchebags, but the current young generation is the most worthless in all of human history.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Absolutely!

Yep. Great post!

Their single moms and about half of their dads are the second most worthless in all of human history.

They were early 20’s. The dead woman’s sons showed up after 20 minutes after the service started. This was a white trash affair from start to finish.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Never not worn a jacket and tie. Never a hat.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco

They were early 20’s. The dead woman’s sons showed up after 20 minutes after the service started. This was a white trash affair from start to finish.

Thank God you and your wife were there to add a touch of class.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant

Thank you, wifey and I paid for it, funeral home gave it to us for a little over cost. Our family has had quite a few at that home, Wifey and I have ours paid for with them. God bless them. I’m thankful this is over, Wifey pretty torn up.

Last edited by hanco; 07/12/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This.

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If I sat down to the dinner table wearing a ball cap, my father or mother would have knocked it off my head.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
If you see something, say something.

If it would have been my kinfolk, I would have. I ask the dead woman’s sister about it. She said one was her son. I let go at that.

Good call hanco.

Not worth the effort.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just came from a funeral, several dumasses were in there with ball caps. That is extremely disrespectful to the deceased woman in my opinion.

What the hell? Has anyone else seen this?? Two of them were kin to this woman. They wore them during the entire service.

Things like courtesy, respect and appropriate attire should be taught by the parents first. Nobody is taught this in school.
The vast majority don't get this taught from the pulpits even those who attend church.

If you want a big example of this, attend a funeral of outlaw bikers. You might see hundreds show up from that side of the country. Some stay outside reving their big Harley engines.
You should hope that the preacher doesn't have lace on his underwear because he has to put a stop to it or nobody will hear the sermon.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thank you, wifey and I paid for it, funeral home gave it to us for a little over cost. Our family has had quite a few at that home, Wifey and I have ours paid for with them. God bless them. I’m thankful this is over, Wifey pretty torn up.

Well done, Hanco.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I just came from a funeral, several dumasses were in there with ball caps. That is extremely disrespectful to the deceased woman in my opinion.

What the hell? Has anyone else seen this?? Two of them were kin to this woman. They wore them during the entire service.

Things like courtesy, respect and appropriate attire should be taught by the parents first. Nobody is taught this in school.
The vast majority don't get this taught from the pulpits even those who attend church.

If you want a big example of this, attend a funeral of outlaw bikers. You might see hundreds show up from that side of the country. Some stay outside reving their big Harley engines.
You should hope that the preacher doesn't have lace on his underwear because he has to put a stop to it or nobody will hear the sermon.

which sword do you wear to a biker funeral?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
In The That Shot Liberty Valance, James Steward asks Andy Devine if his head is chilly. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I started wearing one to church and keeping it on during services. I know it’s wrong but I have ‘Jesus Hair’ now. It bothers some of the dipshît Butchwax mfkers rockin their Ward Cleavers.

I wouldn’t do it at a funeral though.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When they asked Bum Phillips why he did not wear his hat in the Astrodome, he said, my mother tought me not to wear a hat indoors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
If you see something, say something.

Would you get after someone at a wedding for wearing a ball cap?

A dip [bleep] sat in front of me at a Wedding 3 weeks ago with a Cajun fishing lures hat on
The Wedding was not in a Church it was at a hall (Thankfully)

Thats where we are today

and before its asked I said nothing

him being a dip [bleep] is not my business
and I will bet I was one of the very few enraged

I learned I cant police the world
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.