Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
went to court once to contest a speeding ticket, friggin judge ordered me to remove my camo Remington ball cap and Tomcat shades, like WTF, it was summer for one and I had to run from the jobsite to court and was having a hardhat bad hair day, fat phkr just didn't see it my way

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mom was not happy when my brother and his wife showed up at another brother's wedding in shorts.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wore a feedstore cap to a wedding the other week, forgot and wore it for the 6 hour drive down there and by then the hat hair was permanent. Wasn’t at a church so I figured WTH. Nobody said anything and the bride an groom were happy I was there since a bunch of actual family to them are covtards and didn’t show.

For a funeral or anything else in a church or at any eating table I don’t leave my hat on, always listening for Grandad’s footsteps as he runs up to jackslap me for wearing a hat at the supper table.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
In a church - never.
In a restaurant - comes off ASAP. Also homes.
Out door weddings, or funeral services - the hat stays on, except during prayers. Baldness sucks, especially at high altitude. smile
National Anthem - off and over my heart.

My youngest brother was married at a small church near our ranch ~ 8000 feet altitude.
Crowd so large that attendees sat in the front yard / parking lot.
I burned so bad that my (very strict) mother said, too all of us boys, "I will NEVER again require you young men to go hatless - there needs to be some common sense, here"
Aw, Hell, I healed mostly up in a week, or so!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by krp
Jesus doesn't care, the dead don't care, some cultures required head covering, some frown on it. What about women painting themselves Tammy Faye style.

I guess I'm the odd one out that could give a rat's what someone wears anywhere.

Kent

I am with you. It does not bother me either. I would be glad they came instead of worrying about a hat.

My wife’s family is from Asia. I walked into their house with my shoes on and you would have thought I had pissed on the floor and slapped her mom. Only people could sit around arguing about clothing and how it should be worn. We are born naked after all just like every other critter on this planet.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I pissed a buddy off in College when I made him remove his hat when we entered the Alamo Shrine.

Good for you, the Alamo is a sacred shrine that should be honored in memory of all Texians who died there.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I pissed a buddy off in College when I made him remove his hat when we entered the Alamo Shrine.

Good for you, the Alamo is a sacred shrine that should be honored in memory of all Texians who died there.

PREZACTLY!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I WILL NOT wear a hat

While freebasing cocaine

Unless....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What’s a funeral? I thought most people did “celebrations of life” now. Anything goes.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it would have been my kinfolk, I would have. I ask the dead woman’s sister about it. She said one was her son. I let go at that.
[/quote]

I would say you were the adult in that situation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going to a wedding next month at a golf course country club near here. The groom owns a ranch, is a rodeo stock contractor, owns a livestock sale barn and crosses tens of thousands of cattle from Mexico into the US each year. Expect there will be lots of hats and none will be removed. To keep from getting sunburned of course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Upbringing.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Disrespectful. I hardly wear a cap anymore.

A fugging Sombrero with the dingle balls is no better you fugging beaner!

HaHaHa lol.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wearing a mask in a car where u are the only one in it ...and wearing a ball cap indoors.. is the same to me...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Formal dress I'd be hatless.Going out a casual thing I wear my New Era fitted. If my $40.00 hat bothers you start drinking or straighten out your hose. Saturday 13 of us watched the all star game previews 13 different hats united in love for the game.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
I just came from a funeral, several dumasses were in there with ball caps. That is extremely disrespectful to the deceased woman in my opinion.

What the hell? Has anyone else seen this?? Two of them were kin to this woman. They wore them during the entire service.
I'm just surprised one of 'em didn't pop the top of a brewski during the festivities..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same ones who wear one when sitting down to eat or in the house...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I was taught that the hat comes off when you walk in the door…..funeral, restaurant or just inside the house. It didn’t matter.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Jesus doesn't care, the dead don't care, some cultures required head covering, some frown on it. What about women painting themselves Tammy Faye style.

I guess I'm the odd one out that could give a rat's what someone wears anywhere.

Kent

Well then, there are two of us odd ones out.

Does that make us even now? confused

I usually wear one of my nicer "Western" hats (I ain't a cowboy) to funerals and weddings. Most times removed before I enter a church. If outdoors or at a "hall" type event, my hat stays on my head.

Very very rarely will anyone see me without my head covered in public. Ball cap, Stormy Kromer, bandana, felt or straw hat, "Greek" fisherman's cap, beanie hat when cold, whatever I feel like. I even have a really nice Santa hat that comes out around that holiday (never before Thanksgiving Day, unlike retail establishments!)

That Zoom program allows me to meet some friends now and again, without having to drive to Washington. I make sure I have my head covered before the video starts.

And anyone following the tie thread knows my feelings about them. Wore a hat to both parents' funerals. They would have expected no less.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,827
Posts18,496,576
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.