Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Hint. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You have strange fetishes

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Big Stick, what has been your experience with Nightforce scopes? Especially the /Nightforce-ATACR-7-35x56mm? I see that a lot of the top shooters in matches use these scopes. https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/09/05/best-elr-scope-and-scope-mount-and-rings/ Do you think that they are any good?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Don't waste you're breath. He thinks nightforce sucks too. 🙄 nothing is as good as a rebadged Tasco...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

NightFarce tries. Their 7-35 "only" weighs 39 ounces and only gets 29 mil's of elevation travel,which will almost parallax to the 25yd line. Hint. LAUGHING!

Being WELL shy of (1) mil of erector travel per (1) ounce of gross mass,ain't an accolade. Nor is the inability to correct parallax. The 34mm tube diameter don't horn me up,given the concessions in said Mechanics. I'd much prefer center illumination,over the whole tree. Pardon the fact(s),that I actually shoot and Mechanics matter. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
twig boy, remind us how many shooting matches you've won...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7

In reality or his imagination/pretend? laugh laugh

The only matches he ever won is drinking matches, and a$$ sucking matches.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Or how many Nightforce he has owned... Poseur Larry literally thinks a Tasco Super Sniper or Bushnell is better than Nightforce. You cannot make this schit up!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Hint. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You have strange fetishes

Who ?Barnyard?

Spandex
Helmets
Queefs

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ladies,

NightFarce tries. Their 7-35 "only" weighs 39 ounces and only gets 29 mil's of elevation travel,which will almost parallax to the 25yd line. Hint. LAUGHING!

Being WELL shy of (1) mil of erector travel per (1) ounce of gross mass,ain't an accolade. Nor is the inability to correct parallax. The 34mm tube diameter don't horn me up,given the concessions in said Mechanics. I'd much prefer center illumination,over the whole tree. Pardon the fact(s),that I actually shoot and Mechanics matter. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

I bet Jud’s 1” tube could get you horned up

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stick,

Looks like you got some mud on your erector thingy

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KEVIN_JAY
Originally Posted by Higginez
Did we reach the end?

Stick and Jud are friends now?

Not until they are done circling and smelling each other’s ass.

I think Larry just squatted to pee and Jud hiked his leg on her . LMFAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Or how many Nightforce he has owned... Poseur Larry literally thinks a Tasco Super Sniper or Bushnell is better than Nightforce. You cannot make this schit up!

Serious question- have you compared all three? Which models and what did you like better about NF?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Crying Karen(s),

You gals REALLY go for the throat,with your Hissy Fitting Cat Fights,trying to Out-Dumbfhuqk one another with your Amazing STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Few things as "compelling" or "heralded" as The Reupold Golf Cart Zero Test and zero rounds shot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Reupold's 30mm Lapping bar is skookum however. Hint. LAUGHING!

LMAO!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sid Gray
Serious question.
We have determined that NF, SWFA and some bushnells do everything that Leupold users are not getting. Easy initial zero, rtz, etc.
Why doesn't Leupold spend an extra 15$ and add a couple ounces, to get what the others give. Wouldn't have to make any announcement, just fix it. They would corner the market as they had at one time.
I often wonder how a scope is determined to not be moving a bullet 1/4 inch at 100 yards if the gun is only capable of shooting a 3/4" group, and thats a pretty good shooting gun if folks will admit it.

I haven’t read the rest but I would say box test...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Don't waste you're breath. He thinks nightforce sucks too. 🙄 nothing is as good as a rebadged Tasco...

Since those "rebadged Tasco's" cost 2/3 rds LESS green backs than most Nightforce scopes, and work pretty damn good, Larry (bless his slimy little heart) still has a very valid point about NF suckage. Yes, folks you can buy of three of them there Re-Badged Tasco things for the cost of one little ol' Nighforce. That's redundancy up the ying yang (Cue: scientific terminology)

NF also has terrible reticles choices, always had. They're best by far was the old standard Mil dot in the 2.5-10x32 MM, zero stop MIL/MIL reticle, which of course they discontinued, both scope and reticle as a choice anywhere.

Hey it's your money, and if NF winds your clock, go for it. They are still very rugged scopes even if overpriced. IMHO and YMMV

Last edited by Shadow; 07/13/21. Reason: clarity
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Sid Gray
Serious question.
We have determined that NF, SWFA and some bushnells do everything that Leupold users are not getting. Easy initial zero, rtz, etc.
Why doesn't Leupold spend an extra 15$ and add a couple ounces, to get what the others give. Wouldn't have to make any announcement, just fix it. They would corner the market as they had at one time.
I often wonder how a scope is determined to not be moving a bullet 1/4 inch at 100 yards if the gun is only capable of shooting a 3/4" group, and thats a pretty good shooting gun if folks will admit it.

I haven’t read the rest but I would say box test...

Here’s one way, similar to the setup posted a while back on some competitors’ scopes at a match, IIRC. The testing begins about 6:15…..

Seems to me if a scope can’t adjust correctly in a fixture, it can’t do it on a rifle. Factor in wear and recoil, and well, you know….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sure do like your avatar there Pappy348. I don't think you ever looked better......

And now back to your regularly scheduled Campfire Scope-a-Dope evaluations.

Carry on......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shadow
I sure do like your avatar there Pappy348. I don't think you ever looked better......

And now back to your regularly scheduled Campfire Scope-a-Dope evaluations.

Carry on......

When I get out of the shower, I can barely tear myself away from the mirror😛

Perhaps you’ve seen my videos…

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I know his style is rough and unforgiving, but when it comes to shooting he is worth listening to...in the case of a forum he is worth reading.

Stick is never worth listening to. He posts pure gibberish. His posts read like they were written by a retarded 9 year old that has been hit in the head with a shovel. Never was an ignore feature more properly and satisfyingly used than the day I put him on it.

I noticed that in the 18 years I've been here - I've learned the least from those that bitch the most about Larry's posts.

The only learning opportunity Larry could offer would be to as a case study to a group of med school students thinking of becoming psychiatrists. LOL!

For those that have Leupolds that have worked for years have you ever tried adjusting them to see if they track and go back to zero?

Why would I? All of them that I own were easy to sight in and have consistently held zero ever since. I have had zero reason to fool with them again. I hunt deer with my rifles and typically never have to take a shot father than 250 yards. I don't sit in a field trying to ricochet bullets off a metal gong 1000 yards away. If doing that gives you a stiffy then god bless but I have zero interest in it. Therefore I have little use for a scope designed primarily for that one specific activity.

Now there are tons of better scopes on the market,

Depends on what you want a scope for. Are there scopes better suited for the long range gong clanging crowd that go home and jerk off while reading books about Carlos Hathcock? Sure, but they also weight 5 pounds, have 4 inch turrent knobs and look like you mounted the Hubble telescope on top of your rifle. Are those scopes better for what I need as a deer hunter in Alabama. No.
I have no need of "Doping" my shots. So micro accurate repeatable click adjustments mean nothing to me. Nor does my scope need any kind of zero stop system so I can quickly dial it back to zero after "Doping" my shot. I don't need a ballistic plex reticle or a first focal plane scope to better help me make 700 yards shots. Because there aren't going to be any 700 yard shots. I have never had any trouble getting within 300 yards of deer or wild hogs. If you have to take 700 yard shots at such animals then you may or may not be a fine shot but your hunting skills suck.

I need a scope that holds zero, doesn't fog up, and gives me good low light performance. Metal gongs stay out in the open all day. Big bucks in Alabama move mostly at dawn and dusk.

Better low light performance is BS, more like who turned off the lights

This is really bullchit. I own Zeiss Conquests, Swarovskis, Nikons, Leupolds and even one Schmidt and Bender Classic. And here is what I have learned. Some of those scopes are marginally better in low light than some of the Leupold VX 3's I own but guess what? The ones that are better cost twice as much as the Leupolds. And I can take any one of the VX 3's that I paid about 400 dollars for and see to shoot until the end of legal shooting light. If you are going to keep hunting beyond legal light then you might as well really save some cash and just buy a 50 dollar Bushnell and a 25 dollar Q-beam because you are officially night hunting at that point.

And that is where Leupolds still shine. Not that they are the end all be all but, for their price point they are good glass with good low light performance. I have looked through a SWFA SS 10x42 and not only is it not as good in low light but you would lose that micro hair thin reticle on the one I looked through the second the sun slipped behind the trees where I hunt. As for reliability I currently own 6 Leupolds from a few older Vari x III's to some current Vx 3i's and have never had a whisp of a problem with any of them.

So buy what ever best suits your shooting needs and I will do the same. But knock off this elitist horse chit of pissing on any scope that isn't designed for gong hunting by the wanna-be sniper crowd.

Last edited by Willto; 07/13/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great Willto,

More power to you for hunting with primitive weapons, sporting primitive optics. They have muzzle loader only hunting seasons in most states. Maybe in a few years they will have also have a Luddite Leupold Only Hunting Season just for good old boys like you.

I don't usually make fun of somebodies gun/optics choices, but your ill-informed rant was more than a bit [bleep] stupid....

Last edited by Shadow; 07/13/21.
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 50 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,507
Posts18,472,321
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.