Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Thanks Joe and Wolf! Filled the bike up the other day. 4.05/gallon. Preposterous.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its just the markets and oil stocks.

The president has nothing to do with it.

There....now the oil guys and liberals have no reason to post.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ah... Reminiscent of the good ol' Obama days!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It would be a lot more tolerable if it were only gas going up in price....

Quando omni flunkus moritati
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My stock has done great over the past few years...

https://www.google.com/search?q=roy...346j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
3.36 premium here

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
How do we know the BIDENS and their chronically aren’t skimming off the top of these inflated prices. That’s what they did in Ukraine

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EdM
My stock has done great over the past few years...

https://www.google.com/search?q=roy...346j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So 'your stock' did fine with $1.75 gl/gas ?

FJB & FJT
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
Thanks Joe and Wolf! Filled the bike up the other day. 4.05/gallon. Preposterous.

As much as I would like to be able to point the finger at China Joe, I can't. Granted all fuel prices have gone up under China Joe but that is only part of the issue.

Here in Amarillo TX I can buy premium for $3.10. If you are paying almost a buck more it is because of state and local taxes added onto the cost of fuel. Wholesale costs nationwide are pretty consistent and federal taxes on fuel are the same in every state. The difference is what your state and local entities add on in the way of taxes. This is why it is critical to be involved in local politics.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

LOL!!!
0 to do with EO Joe shutting down NA oil production his 1st week in office at all????
Or his most recent one about oil leases/ artic ones IIRC

What was it .
44 EO,s total or some schitt like that IIRC his 1st week.

Undid everything President Trump endorsed basically.....

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

LOL!!!
0 to do with EO Joe shutting down NA oil production his 1st week in office at all????
Or his most recent one about oil leases/ artic ones IIRC

What was it .
44 EO,s total or some schitt like that IIRC his 1st week.

Undid everything President Trump endorsed basically.....

Yup

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by MAC

As much as I would like to be able to point the finger at China Joe, I can't. Granted all fuel prices have gone up under China Joe but that is only part of the issue.

Here in Amarillo TX I can buy premium for $3.10. If you are paying almost a buck more it is because of state and local taxes added onto the cost of fuel. Wholesale costs nationwide are pretty consistent and federal taxes on fuel are the same in every state. The difference is what your state and local entities add on in the way of taxes. This is why it is critical to be involved in local politics.

Our state and fed gas taxes have not gone up since the gas was less than $2/gal so that argument won't fly.Pipe line construction ,fracking on Fed land and oil leases on fed land were all canceled within the first100 days of the Biden administration. If you don't think that has anything to do with climbing gas prices you are sadly mistaken.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Biden crime family can't milk the Ukraine cow for any more money without attracting unwanted attention. I'm thinking perhaps Hunter has landed himself a nice "consultant" job for a major oil company. After all; he has vast "experience" in the oil & gas business. Now he can rake in even more money without looking suspicious selling his so called "art" work for enormous sums of money. All experienced swindlers know that you can't just launder all your money through one thing without looking crooked.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by MAC

Our state and fed gas taxes have not gone up since the gas was less than $2/gal so that argument won't fly.Pipe line construction ,fracking on Fed land and oil leases on fed land were all canceled within the first100 days of the Biden administration. If you don't think that has anything to do with climbing gas prices you are sadly mistaken.

Learn how to read. I noted that all fuel has gone up under Biden. Perhaps you didn't see this: " Granted all fuel prices have gone up under China Joe but that is only part of the issue." Which makes your comment: "Our state and fed gas taxes have not gone up since the gas was less than $2/gal so that argument won't fly. Pipe line construction ,fracking on Fed land and oil leases on fed land were all canceled within the first100 days of the Biden administration. If you don't think that has anything to do with climbing gas prices you are sadly mistaken." seem really clueless.

My point is that localities that see fuel at substantially higher prices that others (such as the OP paying over $4 for premium) need to also look at the state and local taxes. For instance, I am a CO native, my mother and brother still live there and I still own property in CO so I go up there a few times a year. On a consistent basis a gallon of gas or diesel in CO is always at least 50 cents higher than I pay in TX. The reason for that is state and local taxes added onto the price of fuel which was the point I was making.

Get it now? Or is it still too hard to grasp?

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (257 roberts, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 2500HD, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.