Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just acquired a 40 cal s&w m&p 4" barrel, and I'd like holster recommendations. I've made a pancake holster with the last of my leather, but wondering about kydex. I always carry pocket pistols for easy concealment. I'd like to carry a couple of full size from time to time. Whether it be iwb or owb it must fit tight to my body. I may use the holster I've made, just seeing what others do.

Romans 5:1
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For OWB kydex I like Dale Frickie's Gideon Elite.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/gideon-elite-holster/

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
For OWB kydex I like Dale Frickie's Gideon Elite.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/gideon-elite-holster/

That looks like a solid holster. The leather one I've made has good retention with a thumb break, & I want good retention but it may be a little much. I may try a kydex.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Vedder

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vedder...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I like vedder's paddle holster. Also have an iwb Black Scorpion holster company that I wear most of the time.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Cascadia Concealment

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A buddy of mine turned me onto a Safariland 578 holster for my M&P. I will admit that I was not impressed when I first got it out of the package, After I adjusted the retention a little and after a few practice draws getting use to the little lever to release the retention (really was kinda natural) I started to like it. After taking a few classes and drawing and reholstering for 2 days, I really like it. I like it so much that I bought another one for my Sig 320.
It fits tight to my body and feels good with a good carry belt. It felt so good that I thought about carrying it but with shorts and just a tee shirt, it did print, so I did not. I think it will be fine for cooler weather carry but you too live in TN and know how hot and humid it gets, so shorts and tee shirts would conceal it well.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
For kydex i highly recommend eclipseholster.com.

Last edited by hikerbum; 07/15/21.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hikerbum

You need an S after holster.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert

You need an S after holster.

thanks, still a great holster though .

https://eclipseholsters.com/

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a "2 – IN – 1" OWB mode from Multi Holster. l I ordered it custom made for my S&W Shield EZ9 with an Armalaser I mounted on it. It snugs the pistol close to me. I've used it for over a year and really like it. I have a Vedder paddle holster for my P365 but it doesn't snug up to me like the pancake style does.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't overlook the Suede Galco Stow-n-Go IWB.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GR

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Garandimal

GR

Careful placing over the belt loop. Could slip up and out since it could slide on the loop rather than the hook on the belt. Not likely, but possible

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

HAWG holsters.

Best belt clip mounting.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Garandimal

GR

Careful placing over the belt loop. Could slip up and out since it could slide on the loop rather than the hook on the belt. Not likely, but possible

There's actually a notch in the hook that allows the belt loop to float, while the clip catches the belt on either side.

Readily secure.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I just acquired a 40 cal s&w m&p 4" barrel, and I'd like holster recommendations. I've made a pancake holster with the last of my leather, but wondering about kydex. I always carry pocket pistols for easy concealment. I'd like to carry a couple of full size from time to time. Whether it be iwb or owb it must fit tight to my body. I may use the holster I've made, just seeing what others do.

When I owned a Glock I used DeSantis Slin-Tuk worn between belt and pant (not IWB). Easy to use and adjust the cant. The only thing missing was swat shield. Good inexpensive holster which I included with gun sold. No problems with holster, but the gun was too large and heavy. I replaced it with a gun which is < half its size and still chambered for the same cartridge.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I got an appendix carry iwb leather at lgs. I also got a fobus paddle holster at rural king. When I do carry this one it will have to be cold weather, & I'll have to cinch my belt up tight. Full size pistol with 15 rnds of 40 cal is rather heavy. Got it to the range 2 days ago & it was a pleasure to shoot. I believe I'll hold on to this one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alien Gear.

I carry a M&P M2.0 on and off duty.

Off duty I carry it in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB. It fits close. It's so comfortable that I have to sometimes check to see that it's still there. The retention is actually pretty good and adjustable to some degree by tightening the screws on the shell or you can slightly heat the shell with a blow dryer and push the shell material a little more into the trigger guard. Also wearing a Wilderness Instructor or 5.11 belt helps support it better.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TXC Holsters for a Kydex, especially if you can do appendix carry..............Brommeland GunLeather if you want a leather holster, very similar to a Sparks, but thinner, less bulky leather.

I carry a S&W M&P 2.0 with a 3.6" barrel most of the time in a TXC, appendix carry, & it is beyond good.

MM

TXC Holsters

Bromelland Gunleather

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.