Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had been watching all the commercials for the Mattress Topper on the incessant ads for MYPILLOW. I thought I would give one a try. I have a pretty good mattress and I sleep pretty well. But I thought I would try something new.
The girlfriend said she could get one just as good, but cheaper from Belk's. So she went down to Belks and bought us a mattress topper. She paid about $215. The foam is 3 inches thick.

We put it on the bed. The first night it was just great. I went to sleep even quicker than normal. Normally, I would get up at 3 am to use the bathroom. With the Belks mattress topper, I slept until 5 am. Great sleep! Six hours of uninterrupted sleep! I thought this thing was great.
This went on for about 6 weeks. And then, I noticed I was getting up about 3am again, same as before. Didn't think too much of it.
About 2 months in to this, my lower back started hurting like hell. I was doing floor exercises for the back. I have a really nice electric massage matt from Zillion, thing cost about $180 bucks. It sets in a chair. Massages your back and has a heater in it.

Usually this thing will clear up any back problem in 15 minutes. But it didn't work in this case. I went for about 2 weeks, and every day my back got worse. I was about ready to go to the chiropractor. My back was killing me, I could barely tie my shoes. And then, I thought that, against all odds, maybe the mattress topper was messing me up. I removed it from the bed.
The improvement was miraculous. On the first day my back was 25 percent better. After four days without the mattress topper, my back was just fine.
Seemed like a good idea but certainly didn't work out for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Here is the demonic Belks mattress topper. Tossed off to the side, and headed for the dumpster.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Belks huh?

We still have one of those.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ha! Should have bought the MyPillow!

You'll shoot your eye out
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My ol lady bought one. Loves it. It helped my shoulder for a week and then my back was fugged.

She wont take it off the bed, falls asleep in 5 mins, sleeps 8 hrs straight.

I have moved to my new couch
Me and the orange cat hang out there.

Back problems subsided, always had em, just back to normal level.

Mattrrsss topper, dunno what brand, expensive, damn near crippled me.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I should have stuck with Mike Lindell! What a dummy I was. I needed the layer that protects the pressure points. I saw it on the tv ad but, I guess, I didn't believe it.

Maybe so but, believe me I won't be shelling out the 300 bucks to try one from MyPillow.

Have any of y'all tried a mattress topper.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Check that out, hookeye, you had the same exact problem I did. As a guy who played football for 6 years, who spent years doing stressful farm work, who has built 8 log cabins, and who cuts lots of firewood, yes, I do have back problems but usually can deal with them. But, Good God this mattress topper was just a disaster for my back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
#Whitepeopleproblems

Last edited by jackmountain; 07/15/21.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hot as hell.

I need a sheet of plywood to sleep on. Those mattress toppers in hotels make me sleep like crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need a firm level bed to sleep on. Anything letting my hips or but settle into a depression leave me with a sore back in the morning. Everything comes around within a couple minutes of standing, but I have to wake up for any mid-rest adjustments in position.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The mattress topper from My Pillow is now used only for the grand kids to sleep on the floor. It kills my back.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We are all different and our body's require different things from other people.
It Sucks that we are not universal because what works for your friends may not work for you.
Trial and Error can get expensive
I have a bad back and have had it over 20+ years
My back hates small car seats. They kill me and after a week or two I can almost not walk.
My back requires those older type flat bench seats that you get in the older trucks.

We have been sleeping on a Sleep Number bed for about 15 years.
We needed a Bed for our place in Arizona So we took our old Sleep Number apart to take to Arizona and purchased an newer upgraded Sleep Number.
My Back absolutely loves the new bed and now when I go to Arizona the old bed does not seem quite right.
my Back wants the new bed now.

Keep experimenting until you find what works for you.
And Good luck with what you choose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never try anything new.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sleep on a 10oz canvas painter’s tarp on a tile floor, cold nights I’ll put a wool army surplus blanket under the tarp.

‘Course I’m sleeping alone of late.... but my Ex slept like that too for 20 years.

No back problems but then I’ve never injured it like many.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It must not have had that real good Ghaza Colton in it like MyPillO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I sleep on a 10oz canvas painter’s tarp on a tile floor, cold nights I’ll put a wool army surplus blanket under the tarp.

‘Course I’m sleeping alone of late.... but my Ex slept like that too for 20 years.

That sounds fit for a king

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 13 year old Denver Mattress Durango, not a pillow top but plush I guess that is seriously worn out. I sleep like dogs h! t and have put off replacing it for at least six years.

I remember how nice it felt when I bought it and I would sink down an inch or so but it still had good coil spring support.

I am leaning towards a bed in the box off Amazon with a sleep trial but can't make up my mind if I want latex or memory foam, memory/latex hybrid, firm, medium or plush and it's driving me nuts.

As was noted earlier everyone is different but I am beginning to think any mattress is better than the worn out mattress I have now.

Dave

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

RDW; if you have a Sleep Number store in the area, stop by and check out their demo beds.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

That sounds fit for a king

Consider the alternative, an elaborate soft mattress or you can’t sleep? How in earth did we arrive at this?

Charles Goodnight, even after he became a wealthy man, slept outside on the ground his whole life, and he lived to be 93. That would be my preference too ‘cept it ain’t practical where I live.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Ha! Should have bought the MyPillow!

My back is always killing me.

My Pillow had bad reviews.

So I wasted $350 on a Tempur Pedic version.

Dogs like it.

It's still on the bed and all.

Last edited by SamOlson; 07/15/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I love our sleep number. I keep mine at about 60, my wife's side is 45. I hate memory foam. It's the worst thing ever invented for a bed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,334
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.