Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I don't suffer childish games.

What does a golfer practice?

What does pitcher practice?

What does biker practice?

What is a “shooter” trying to accomplish by your definition? And what is “practice”?

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/18/21.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone who has above mediocre range time knows the limitation of Leupold. This is a fact that hunters that don't shoot much can't seem to cope with.

Highlighted for emphasis.

I'm out you idiots.

Best wishes for your vagina.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

All scopes are mechanically flawless when they do nothing but collect dust in the safe.

Anyone who has above mediocre range time knows the limitation of Leupold. This is a fact that hunters that don't shoot much can't seem to cope with.

The hunter can argue that those limitations do not extend to their use of the scope, which could absolutely be the case.

And thats really what it boils down to. A "one time a year, zero-check & hunt guy", has very different expectations from the guys who shoot year round, a few times per week, and possibly competes in various shooting displines. Different uses, experience levels, and expectations.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Wrongside

All scopes are mechanically flawless when they do nothing but collect dust in the safe.

The hunter can argue that those limitations do not extend to their use of the scope, which could absolutely be the case.

And thats really what it boils down to. A "one time a year, zero-check & hunt guy", has very different expectations from the guys who shoot year round, a few times per week, and possibly competes in various shooting displines. Different uses, experience levels, and expectations.

That about sums it up.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob

What is a “shooter” trying to accomplish by your definition? And what is “practice”?

Total BS POSTS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A person who rides a bicycle 10 miles through a park every weekend can be perfectly well served with a $500, 25 pound bike. Those that train daily and race 75 miles every weekend would not be well served with the same bicycle. Yet on bicycle forums, oddly enough, you don't have a dedicated group of blowhards running down the $500 bike at every opportunity.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

A person who rides a bicycle 10 miles through a park every weekend can be perfectly well served with a $500, 25 pound bike. Those that train daily and race 75 miles every weekend would not be well served with the same bicycle. Yet on bicycle forums, oddly enough, you don't have a dedicated group of blowhards running down the $500 bike at every opportunity.

Does the $500 bike shift gears correctly and stop when brakes are applied? If not, it’s a POS

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Go to the bicycle site

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Total BS POSTS

Yeah, no. No one has still defined what makes a “shooter”.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Total BS POSTS

If you need a definition then you are beyond help

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yet on bicycle forums, oddly enough, you don't have a dedicated group of blowhards running down the $500 bike at every opportunity.

I've never been on a bicycle forum, so tell me; If there is not a group of "blowhards" who run down $500.00 bicycles is there also a lack a self-aggrandizing nitwits who swear that a $500.00 bicycle is all anyone needs and anyone spending more is just a fool?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm sure you'd be right in there, playing the obtuse troll defender of the 'good enough/just as good $500 bicycle', if there were.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Yet on bicycle forums, oddly enough, you don't have a dedicated group of blowhards running down the $500 bike at every opportunity.

I've never been on a bicycle forum, so tell me; If there is not a group of "blowhards" who run down $500.00 bicycles is there also a lack a self-aggrandizing nitwits who swear that a $500.00 bicycle is all anyone needs and anyone spending more is just a fool?

LOL. Exactly.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Total BS POSTS

If you need a definition then you are beyond help

Is there a certain number of rounds that qualify one? Is it a certain amount of skill? Is it marked by talent? What is it? You guys are the one who brought it up and claim a distinction between shooters and non-shooters. So define it as precisely as you can. I even provided a couple of examples of people and asked if they were “shooters”. No one has answered that question yet.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/18/21.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'm not "you guys"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'm not "you guys"

Well, since you felt compelled to insert yourself, answer the questions.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Who here would argue with a potato? Raise your hand.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
While competing in 50Bmg matches all over the US for decades, I've seen every brand of rifle scope fail, with the exception of March scopes.
The only scope's I've ever mounted on a 50 that have never failed, are a March and a Mk4 LRT.
The Mk4 has been on seven 50 bmg rifles and currently sits on a Serbu semi.
I've never tested any of the newer Leupold scopes after the MK4, because I've never needed to buy another scope to replace it.
When the scopes would eventually fail and after I got them back from warranty repair, they've worked flawlessly on my puny rifles.
Do all of those brands of scopes that failed suck ? Nope, but according to my testing, the only scope that anyone should buy is a March scope. Hint.................. grin

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shoots100
While competing in 50Bmg matches all over the US for decades, I've seen every brand of rifle scope fail, with the exception of March scopes.
The only scope's I've ever mounted on a 50 that have never failed, are a March and a Mk4 LRT.
The Mk4 has been on seven 50 bmg rifles and currently sits on a Serbu semi.
I've never tested any of the newer Leupold scopes after the MK4, because I've never needed to buy another scope to replace it.
When the scopes would eventually fail and after I got them back from warranty repair, they've worked flawlessly on my puny rifles.
Do all of those brands of scopes that failed suck ? Nope, but according to my testing, the only scope that anyone should buy is a March scope. Hint.................. grin

No argument from me whatsoever regarding your experience with riflescopes. I am simply curious; which scope brands do you recall that have failed on your 50?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'm not "you guys"

Well, since you felt compelled to insert yourself, answer the questions.

It's a dumb question

Page 30 of 57 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 20 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.