Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The notion that given enough time, somehow, someway, things can be created without a Creator.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TF49

Consider this: The text you are reading in the English language is a translation of Hebrew writings. The word that is translated "day".....the one your read in English... is a translation of the Hebrew word "yom[/b]."

The word "yom" does not necessarily mean a 24 hour solar day. The numbered days in Genesis need not be solar days..... Yes, I know you want it to be 24 hours days.... that is your anti-Jesus bias manifesting in "eisegesis".... ERROR!

"Exegesis" is letting the text give you the information as it is contained in the text...without laying your own bias on it.

The word "yom" can mean an "extended time".... it can mean an "age" .... it can simply be some duration of time.

Here is a brief summary lifted from a Hebrew language scholar:

Genesis 1:5 "... This was the close and the dawn of the first PERIOD."

Genesis 1:8 "...This was the close and the dawn of the second PERIOD."

Genesis 1:13 "This was the close of the close and the dawn of the third PERIOD."

Genesis 1:19 "This was the close and the dawn of the fourth PERIOD."

Genesis 1:23 "This was the close and the dawn of the fifth PERIOD."

Genesis 1:31 "...This the close came, and the dawn came of the sixth PERIOD."
And God said remember the Seventh "period" and keep it holy...........

So what should be the term of the Sabbath? One would assume it should be the same length as six other "periods".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by TF49

Consider this: The text you are reading in the English language is a translation of Hebrew writings. The word that is translated "day".....the one your read in English... is a translation of the Hebrew word "yom[/b]."

The word "yom" does not necessarily mean a 24 hour solar day. The numbered days in Genesis need not be solar days..... Yes, I know you want it to be 24 hours days.... that is your anti-Jesus bias manifesting in "eisegesis".... ERROR!

"Exegesis" is letting the text give you the information as it is contained in the text...without laying your own bias on it.

The word "yom" can mean an "extended time".... it can mean an "age" .... it can simply be some duration of time.

Here is a brief summary lifted from a Hebrew language scholar:

Genesis 1:5 "... This was the close and the dawn of the first PERIOD."

Genesis 1:8 "...This was the close and the dawn of the second PERIOD."

Genesis 1:13 "This was the close of the close and the dawn of the third PERIOD."

Genesis 1:19 "This was the close and the dawn of the fourth PERIOD."

Genesis 1:23 "This was the close and the dawn of the fifth PERIOD."

Genesis 1:31 "...This the close came, and the dawn came of the sixth PERIOD."
And God said remember the Seventh "period" and keep it holy...........

So what should be the term of the Sabbath? One would assume it should be the same length as six other "periods".

Well, I don’t have an answer for you…. Not one that I sense sufficient knowledge about. But, you bring up and show a really interesting aspect about the study of the Bible.

Our…. And my own tendency toward “eisegesis” is a sneaky type of tendency…. I can read something in the Bible and have questions or uncertainty about what it means…..then…. Because I would like to understand….. I then … in my mind…. start to wonder and in turn start postulating about what the true meaning is. In short, I want to understand but sense that my understanding is incomplete and begin to “fill in the gaps”…. so-to-speak… and the begin to add my own thoughts and conclusions about the meaning of the scripture.

“Eisegesis” seems to be a problem we all face to one extent or another. There is “mystery” in the Bible and we desire to gain increased understanding…. This is good and we are advised to study the scriptures but we all must be watchful for error can get mixed in.

One example…. Sodom was destroyed with “eternal” fire yet today, is not burning today…. So what gives? Well, my mind says the fact that Sodom was destroyed with “eternal” must mean that since Sodom is not burning today, the “eternal fire” might mean the “eternal fire of God’s judgment on sin.” The “sin” of Sodom is eternally destroyed by the “eternal fire of judgment.”

See how “eisegesis” can creep in?

We all have this problem…. Some more than others….

Having said all that….. God rested from his acts of creation on the seventh day….. what does that mean? Is He now simply resting from “acts of creation” and we are now in a different dispensation?

Does it mean that the seventh day was the same length of time? Maybe not….. How does that apply to us?

I don’t know, but your post is a good thought provoking post.

Last edited by TF49; 07/22/21. Reason: Auto crect error

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The notion that given enough time, somehow, someway, things can be created without a Creator.

Well, what you said above is a concept, not a concrete statement that one thing evolved into another. If you're going to have an intelligent conversation about evolution, it helps if you don't mis-state someone else's position.

And just so you know, there are plenty of people who believe there's a creator, and that evolution is part of the creation. The two are not mutually exclusive as some would have you believe.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The evolutionists would like to make you think, given enough time, clods of dirt can "Evolve", into a fine Swiss watch, running even.

A magic man living in the clouds, making magic, could do it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
The evolutionists would like to make you think, given enough time, clods of dirt can "Evolve", into a fine Swiss watch, running even.

A magic man living in the clouds, making magic, could do it.

Now you gone and done it, wait until happyC hears about this!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don Williams, "I believe that God is love, He's down below, He's up above."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
........Yep. And the non believers, atheists, perhaps some agnostics etc, always come up with any reasoning that they can to explain away the existence of an Almighty God, when in fact the basic laws of physics 101 prove the existence of a creator....

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
And just so you know, there are plenty of people who believe there's a creator, and that evolution is part of the creation. The two are not mutually exclusive as some would have you believe.
You stated my position for me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
........Yep. And the non believers, atheists, perhaps some agnostics etc, always come up with any reasoning that they can to explain away the existence of an Almighty God, when in fact the basic laws of physics 101 prove the existence of a creator....

What basic law of physics is that?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL, that's a new one on me, one inanimate object evolving into another.

Which evolutionists espouse that theory?

Well, David Copperfield for one. 😉

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

What basic law of physics is that?
....................................All matter, can neither be created nor destroyed. It can however change form.......In other words, you cannot create something or anything from absolutely nothing or create anything from a complete void of all matter where no sub atomic particles exist. So where did all matter come from?

Now the non believers, atheists etc will say, that all matter has always existed in all of eternity past and therefore there is no creator. Well, ya cannot use that argument because the atomic nuclei in all matter eventually over time breaks down by emitting energy particles. This is known as "half lives" of matter.

Well what about the big bang? In order to have anything created from a big bang, you would still need some form of original matter to have existed. The big bang or any big bang could not have happened without some form of matter as a catalyst....

So! How did matter come into existence without a creator? Whatever explanations the non believers come up with, they contradict the laws of basic physics.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ah, back to magic.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ah, back to magic.
......................LOL>>>LOL......Call the laws of physics magic or whatever you like.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ah, back to magic.
......................LOL>>>LOL......Call the laws of physics magic or whatever you like.

No, you misunderstand. That creator stuff is the magic story.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ah, back to magic.

...............Oooooooh ok then...........Magic uh?..... Well perhaps you might try and answer the two questions in my earlier post? Where did all matter come from? Or better yet. How did matter come into existence without a creator?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ah, back to magic.

...............Oooooooh ok then...........Magic uh?..... Well perhaps you might try and answer the two questions in my earlier post? Where did all matter come from? Or better yet. How did matter come into existence without a creator?

Not being a particle physicist, I’ll refer you to your favorite search engine.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ah, back to magic.

Not being a particle physicist, I’ll refer you to your favorite search engine.
.......................LOL>>>LOL.....Ya don't need to a particle physicist to understand laws of physics.......You offer quite a nice diversion though referencing search engines.....LOL

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ah, back to magic.

You're gonna smoke like a turd in hell for that.

Reprobare.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Proud NRA Life Member
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,059 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.