-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One weird character (and one atrociously written article).

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

Search of attempted rape suspect’s Alabama home turns up 400 pairs of women’s panties
By Carol Robinson | crobinsonal.com

A Dothan man is being held on more than $1 million bond after authorities say he attacked a woman inside her home and later was found in possession of more than 400 pairs of women’s panties.

John Thomas Uda, 27, is charged with attempted rape, three counts of burglary, aggravated criminal surveillance, two counts of illegal possession of a credit card and 50 counts of voyeurism.

The state’s voyeurism law only took effect on Sept. 1, 2019. Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed the anti-voyeurism bill that year which outlawed “upskirting” – which is when a photo is taken up a women’s skirt or blouse without her consent. The law makes it a misdemeanor to take an image without a person’s consent. It becomes a Class C felony if the image is taken and used for sexual gratification.

Dothan Police Lt. Scott Owens said officers on July 10 responded to a home invasion and burglary in the 1000 block of Blissett Drive. The female victim told police a man had broken into her apartment and during the course of the burglary, there was a physical altercation between the suspect and the victim, initiated by the suspect.

“She received significant but not life-threatening injuries and he fled out the back and wasn’t captured,’' Owens said.

Investigators asked the victim if anything was missing from her home, and she noticed that a gaming console was gone. Police ran the serial number on the missing console and learned it had been sold the day before the home invasion. “So, we knew that he had been in her house prior to the day he broke in,’' Owens said.

Uda’s name was on the sale order. His name was familiar to investigators because in 2019 it had been reported to police that Uda had been stealing undergarments from community laundromats.

Owens said Uda was taken into custody for questioning, at which time he admitted to two burglaries at the victim’s home. It was during the first break-in - at which time she wasn’t home – he stole the gaming console and a garbage full of the victim’s panties, Uda told police.

On July 11, Owens said, police carried out a search warrant at Uda’s home where they found more than 400 pairs of used women’s underwear. “We have a theory that some were bought online because there is a marketplace for that,’' Owens said.

Authorities also found electronic devices that showed women in a provocative manner. Other evidence found in the July 10 break-in led investigators to believe that Uda intended to sexually assault the victim, hence the attempted rape charge.

Investigators were able to link Uda to a separate incident in which they said he gave a woman a ride home and later tried to watch her undress. He also stole her credit card information, Owens said.

As for the multiple voyeurism charges, authorities said Uda “was taking pictures of coworkers from the neck down and he would use those to pleasure himself.”

“If we can keep in jail,’' Owens said, “the public will definitely be better for it.”

From al.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Right there is a sumbitch that needs shooting.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Yep. Bullet behind the ear will solve that problem.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I arrested a burglary suspect that had over 300 pairs of men's underwear stolen in his burglaries. Dude would break in houses, take loose money, jewelry, small easily carried away valuable items, eat something from the pantry and leave it on the kitchen table and steal a few pair of the man of the houses underwear. Burglaries had been ongoing in that neighborhood for years and everyone that lived there knew they had a freaky thief. When I made the case and got a search warrant for the creeps house I found over 300 pair of various sizes and types of men's underwear all neatly tagged with a perfect 1"x3" white paper tag with an address written on it. They all corresponded to burglary reports taken over the years from that side of town. Dude pled guilty and was sentenced to 11 years in state prison.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
I arrested a burglary suspect that had over 300 pairs of men's underwear stolen in his burglaries. Dude would break in houses, take loose money, jewelry, small easily carried away valuable items, eat something from the pantry and leave it on the kitchen table and steal a few pair of the man of the houses underwear. Burglaries had been ongoing in that neighborhood for years and everyone that lived there knew they had a freaky thief. When I made the case and got a search warrant for the creeps house I found over 300 pair of various sizes and types of men's underwear all neatly tagged with a perfect 1"x3" white paper tag with an address written on it. They all corresponded to burglary reports taken over the years from that side of town. Dude pled guilty and was sentenced to 11 years in state prison.

Most folks have no idea just how screwed up some of our fellow travelers are in this world.

Last edited by Beoceorl; 07/23/21.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

nah, half a dozen 22 hollow points in the guts, spaced about 30 minutes apart.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
400 pairs? Used? WTF! His place must have smelled preety fishy.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has a sickness which there is no cure for, death by hanging.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems like he is a catch and release type who likes souvenirs..
maybe someone should tell him that you can buy used panties in vending machines in Japan..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

nah, half a dozen 22 hollow points in the guts, spaced about 30 minutes apart.

You're still too kind IMHO, 1 in each nut to start. And put that on tv and the internet, needs to be seen to be a deterrent.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.