Ray, where are you from?

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by greydog
So we are welcoming vaccinated Americans who may very well be carrying covid because it has been shown, fully vaccinated people can carry the virus. We are all just being used as pawns in a political game. Some willingly, the rest not. GD

Exactly. None of it makes any sense. Ive spent the summer working for a road construction company and I talk to Americans traveling through Canada every single day who are not vaccinated. So our imbeciles in Ottawa are going to require American tourists to show proof of vaccination but "essential" traveler's wont need it! Hunters wth hunts booked this year are now finding it hard to book flights. Airlines dropped a lot offlights during the scamdemic especially into some of the smaller towns. And outfitters are finding out that a large percentage of American hunters are not as gullible as Canadians seem to be. Some are refusing to get vaccinated and forfeiting their hunts and deposits. My first hunt in Sept was canceled because of this. They are already talking about booster shots being required. They are going to find it very hard to convince many Americans to line up for that....what happens then??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukon254
So we are welcoming vaccinated Americans who may very well be carrying covid because it has been shown, fully vaccinated people can carry the virus. We are all just being used as pawns in a political game. Some willingly, the rest not. GD

Exactly. None of it makes any sense. Ive spent the summer working for a road construction company and I talk to Americans traveling through Canada every single day who are not vaccinated. So our imbeciles in Ottawa are going to require American tourists to show proof of vaccination but "essential" traveler's wont need it! Hunters wth hunts booked this year are now finding it hard to book flights. Airlines dropped a lot offlights during the scamdemic especially into some of the smaller towns. And outfitters are finding out that a large percentage of American hunters are not as gullible as Canadians seem to be. Some are refusing to get vaccinated and forfeiting their hunts and deposits. My first hunt in Sept was canceled because of this. They are already talking about booster shots being required. They are going to find it very hard to convince many Americans to line up for that....what happens then??

I have said it before and I WILL say it again. It will be over when the politicians SAY it is over.

I have to be honest. BOTH my wife and I are vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. We did it ONLY because back in March I just knew it would be a requirement. Hunting on Anticosti it just THAT important for me because it is the greatest thrill I have to see her hunting and succeeding. Call me what you want.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

I have said it before and I WILL say it again. It will be over when the politicians SAY it is over.

I have to be honest. BOTH my wife and I are vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. We did it ONLY because back in March I just knew it would be a requirement. Hunting on Anticosti it just THAT important for me because it is the greatest thrill I have to see her hunting and succeeding. Call me what you want.

LBK,

I'll call you a "good bloke", Mate !

You & Nan are welcome.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Comes to mind, Will Rogers, "When I make a joke, it don't hurt anyone.
When congress makes a joke, it's a law."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

LBK,

I'll call you a "good bloke", Mate !

You & Nan are welcome.

Thank you, Paul. My wife and I cherish our time in Canada. It has been absolute HELL dealing with the absolute stupidity surrounding scamdemic.. Thanks again for the kind words.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All good Mate !!

Hoping all your plans come together, you get another wonderful trip & we get an excellent story.

Hunting should be great, after the lack of pressure.

The fishing, these past 2 seasons has been outstanding !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Everyone has the right to make the decision to get vaccinated for whatever reason they want. I agree with you thats its not over until the politicians say so. Science doesnt matter and hasnt since day one. We've been fielding more calls and emails than at any time I can remember. Tons of people wanting to go on trips and lots of questions about the vaccine requirements. Some have said they are going to wait and see if maybe that restriction is eventually lifted. Others like yourself have taken it, but are worried they will book and then they will require this booster shot they are talking about now. I dont know what to think or tell people about the vaccine requirement being lifted. Since the US is not requiring a vaccine to enter, part of me thinks Canada will eventually let the unvaccinated in. Depends on the election maybe. I believe the only reason they even announced they were opening the border is because an election is eminent. The loonies out in eastern Canada are going to vote them back in so they neednt worry. Hope your trip to Anticosti is the best yet!

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Comes to mind, Will Rogers, "When I make a joke, it don't hurt anyone.
When congress makes a joke, it's a law."

Just for you, Richard. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Everyone has the right to make the decision to get vaccinated for whatever reason they want. I agree with you thats its not over until the politicians say so. Science doesnt matter and hasnt since day one. We've been fielding more calls and emails than at any time I can remember. Tons of people wanting to go on trips and lots of questions about the vaccine requirements. Some have said they are going to wait and see if maybe that restriction is eventually lifted. Others like yourself have taken it, but are worried they will book and then they will require this booster shot they are talking about now. I dont know what to think or tell people about the vaccine requirement being lifted. Since the US is not requiring a vaccine to enter, part of me thinks Canada will eventually let the unvaccinated in. Depends on the election maybe. I believe the only reason they even announced they were opening the border is because an election is eminent. The loonies out in eastern Canada are going to vote them back in so they neednt worry. Hope your trip to Anticosti is the best yet!

Thanks to everyone for their understanding.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some of you really think we will spread Covid by traveling into Canada?

There is also a chance we could get it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I wouldn't worry about it. No doubt, the negative Nellies will chime in spreading gloom and doom. Ignore them and be happy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Canada says fullu vaccinated you can come in Aug 9th. Biden says you can't come back until Aug 28th, maybe later.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Canada says fullu vaccinated you can come in Aug 9th. Biden says you can't come back until Aug 28th, maybe later.

Yep. Biden will change it again too.
All the while he’s letting every damn Wetback that can swim cross the Southern Border.

Just goes to show what the POS thinks of Americans and Canadians. 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/23/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The chance of catching covid, in most places, is slim. Behavior plays a large part. I know of one family who invited another family over for dinner even though the other family had just gone to Disneyland and the mother had a cold. That, to me, is stupid behavior; unless you want to catch covid. I do know some people who have deliberately caught the virus to achieve a natural immunity. They were not especially ill and are now, presumably, immune to that strain; for now. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE

Yep. Biden will change it again too.
All the while he’s letting every damn Wetback that can swim cross the Southern Border.

Just goes to show what the POS thinks of Americans and Canadians. 😡

I couldn't have said it better.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The chance of catching covid, in most places, is slim. Behavior plays a large part. I know of one family who invited another family over for dinner even though the other family had just gone to Disneyland and the mother had a cold. That, to me, is stupid behavior; unless you want to catch covid. I do know some people who have deliberately caught the virus to achieve a natural immunity. They were not especially ill and are now, presumably, immune to that strain; for now. GD

I agree. No matter what we think though, our world has changed forever. We have already been told that our camps will be inspected by the CEMA crews on a regular basis. It happened last year too and I knew then it wouldnt end. I had been working a big bull right near camp when the helcopter landed with the CEMA guys. I was 200 miles from the nearest town, and not happy to see them. I refused them entry into my cabins. The protocols we had agreed to operate under said no outsiders were allowed in camp. Im quite sure it wont be business as usual. They ran an add in the local paper recently looking to hire more CEMA officers. $46 an hour. Taxpayer money of course. Now the FN communities are livid. They are saying they weren't consulted on re-opening and lifting restrictions. They want the entire territory to stay locked down for the foreseeable future. I highly doubt that they are going to let American hunters into their communities. This is going to create some problems this fall without a doubt.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The US customs man I talked to.
He, "Are you an American citizen?"
Me, "Yes".
He, "We can't keep you out sir".

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The bottom line is, less 1%, as in ONE percent of the total population will die from the China flu - Covid-19. You have to be either really unhealthy or highly unlucky to die from Covid-19. Common sense isn't very common anymore and people either can't or won't think for themselves anymore.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 3,077 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.