...you know the rest.

Here are two that piss me off.

I have arthritic (I think) ring fingers- both hands.. A salve of devil's club and hemp oil might help, I was told. $40 for a tin about 1/3 the size of a snuff can. TSA took it out of my checked baggage last week after 2 days use ....

Buhack is - was- a powder made from chrysanthemum flowers, commonly used to kill flying insect such a flies and skeeters. Very valuable in Alaska. A teaspoon placed on a metal surface and lit will kill all the above in a matter of minutes in a 24x24 cabin, but one should not be in the place. It is slightly toxic to people and can irritate breathing. My mother used it throughout the ND summers to rid the house of flies- we used it extensively at our remote cabin for skeeters. Light it, and leave the place for a half hour to hour, one is good.....

Can't get it anymore - EPA banned it in 2001 as being dangerous to developing (is there any other kind?) children, but here is what U of Oregon says: "Children may be especially sensitive to pesticides compared to adults. However, there are currently no conclusive data showing that children have increased sensitivity specifically to pyrethrins." The latter being the active ingredient.

It appears it is still used in various insecticides, just not the lightable powder form. Go figure.

I'm down to my last cupful, damn it.... might have to try burning tree fungus....

And yes, there are oil based synthetic-chemical (permitheum?) foggers to kill , and mosquito coils to repel - just don't work as well.

Grumble, grumble....

Last edited by las; 07/24/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.