-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If you didn’t watch the UFC fight night today, it was one of the best cards I have seen in a while. No title matches but lots of up and comers which Oftentimes is better anyway because they are seriously hungry to impress. It was free on TV so if it’s on demand or ESPN does a replay, it’s highly recommended. A bunch of fights were really scrappy back and forth battles. In one fight, a guy got saved by the bell and couldn’t even get himself onto the stool for the break, so they just tended to him on the floor. He came back and dominated the second round. Multiple fights were like that.
👍

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
T.J. Dillashaw showed balls of steel winning a split decision after getting a nasty cut and popping out a knee against Cory Sandhagen.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree. Really good night of fights especially with not a lot of name value. The bad news was how much the judges sucked.I feel like the Dillashaw fight could’ve went either way it was 2-2 Going into the 5th. I was pulling for him. There’s no way Macey Barber won her fight but whatever no skin in the game here. Really enjoyed the free fight. I’m hearing the UFC 265 fight may be a free fight as well. If so, this will be the first numbered UFC fight since UFC 138 that is free to the public.

Last edited by ShortMag11; 07/24/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If Sandhagen had gotten the decision it wouldn’t have surprised me at all and I wouldn’t have been upset at all. Sandhagen landed more significant punches. TJ landed more kicks and had more octagon control time. I do agree that the real story of the fight was that TJ fought through a busted knee and blood running in his eye for 4 rounds.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yep Macey Barber won 1 round tops.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
TJ said he had already cut that eye, had a pinched nerve in his foot and had a torn MCL in that training camp. Gives a little more context for his struggles.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Everyone is hurting by fight night.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I agree, there were some seriously good fights. Anymore I seldom pay for PPV, because the free fights are some really hungry fighters that want to be recognized.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If Sandhagen had gotten the decision it wouldn’t have surprised me at all and I wouldn’t have been upset at all. Sandhagen landed more significant punches. TJ landed more kicks and had more octagon control time. I do agree that the real story of the fight was that TJ fought through a busted knee and blood running in his eye for 4 rounds.

Agreed!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
TJ said he had already cut that eye, had a pinched nerve in his foot and had a torn MCL in that training camp. Gives a little more context for his struggles.

And top it off with the fact that he hadn’t fought in 2.5 years I’d say it was a helluva performance considering all of that.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 61 invisible), 3,038 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,490
Posts18,471,914
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.