Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am going to buy a Honda EU2200i generator for my camper. Do I need to run this on ethanol-free gas?

Last edited by jnyork; 07/25/21.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
always...stay away from ethanol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

read the manual

Eth free is best for small engines

or treat the fuel...Stabil etc

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn’t let it sit with ethanol gas in it. There is a drain and a fuel shutoff so it’s really easy to run them dry and drain. I use the marine grade Stabil as it is supposedly the better product here in Greenie land.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I usually run regular e10 or whatever gas in my Honda 3000. I also just replaced a float bowl that had pin holes eaten through it.

Run E free or treat it and don’t let it sit.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Me?, I'd drain the carburetor, or run it dry before storage.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Absolutely yes on ethanol free gas however I recommend a propane conversion kit which completely eliminates the issue of gasoline trashing your carburetor particularly if you store the unit for any length of time. I installed one of the kits below on a Honda EU2200i which I purchased last year. Not difficult to install and you retain the ability to run on gasoline should you need to. It is not difficult to install and the generator works just fine on propane. Just a suggestion, take it FWIW.

https://www.hutchmountain.com/colle...ral-gas-gasoline-tri-fuel-conversion-kit

Last edited by gldprimr; 07/25/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Cabela's generator will run for 12 hours before it is empty depending on the load. I use E free gas but if I think I used the wrong gas can then I have to drain it. Takes to long to run it dry. I keep 5 gas cans full for emergencies.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Run it on what ever you can buy thats handy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gldprimr
Absolutely yes on ethanol free gas however I recommend a propane conversion kit which completely eliminates the issue of gasoline trashing your carburetor particularly if you store the unit for any length of time. I installed one of the kits below on a Honda EU2200i which I purchased last year. Not difficult to install and you retain the ability to run on gasoline should you need to. It is not difficult to install and the generator works just fine on propane. Just a suggestion, take it FWIW.

https://www.hutchmountain.com/colle...ral-gas-gasoline-tri-fuel-conversion-kit

Looks like a handy piece of kit.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jnyork
I am going to buy a Honda EU2200i generator for my camper. Do I need to run this on ethanol-free gas?
YUP..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Honda engines run best on mid grade name brand gas (Shell, Amoco), no Sam's, Costco or other cheap crap. Easier starts and much better performance.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All small gas engines -no ethanol.
Nice gen. Mines a few years old, and I run synthetic oil in it also. Runs cooler, verified with IR thermometer.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeebus....like ethanol is a new invention.

I always cut the hard seats out and run leaded gas.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeebus....like ethanol is a new invention.

Ethanol in gas isn't a new invention, I can tell when they started putting it in there by looking at my small engine repair bills.

At least in the south, you should always, ALWAYS, use non-ethanol fuel in small engines. E10 absorbs water from the atmosphere (it's humid here) and it trashes small engine carburetors like nobody's business.

He might get away with ethanol fuel in Wyoming and Arizona but in Mississippi and Florida where I roam it's a hard NO, I'd never use it in a generator. You're pretty much guaranteed a generator that won't start if you let it sit for a few months with that stuff in it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yes...because they dont use rubber or aluminum or steel in cars...only small engines.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a Champion generator.all i do is add Lucas or Stabil to the gas.After i'm done using it i run the gas out of carburetor and drain old gas out yearly.Have been doing this for years with no problems.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Honda engines run best on mid grade name brand gas (Shell, Amoco), no Sam's, Costco or other cheap crap. Easier starts and much better performance.

We regularly fill up at Costco and have never heard they had cheap/substandard gas. What's the difference and since we're at it; how does Kum & Go rate as welll?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jnyork

JN, I have 2- 2K Honda generators with quite a few hours on them.......almost all fuel has been non-ethanol! All of our small engines get non ethanol only, for about the last 10 years. Fuel tank at the house gets filled by the Co-Op with non ethanol gas, and I give the tank a dose of Sta-Bil after refilling! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by gunswizard

We regularly fill up at Costco and have never heard they had cheap/substandard gas. What's the difference and since we're at it; how does Kum & Go rate as welll?

Name brand...😀
I'll take fresh fuel over a "Tiger in the Tank" any day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.