Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So he died on monday, body returned to the US on friday and being buried tuesday. That's pretty fast if there is evidence of foul play. You would think the body would be examined, examined, reexamined and investigated thoroughly. It's not like the body disappeared over the side of a cruise ship while on vacation.

Kent

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
He obviously didn't act gringo enough. It's safe for gringos, especially in resort areas. They don't want to risk the revenue........

It's changed, Gruff. Cancun isn't that safe anymore. Safest places are cities like Merida, where cartel members send their families to live.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Different news source...

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/07/22...was-kidnapped-murdered-at-cancun-resort/

The incident happened on the couple’s first night at an all-inclusive resort on the beachfront strip of hotels in the popular tourist destination.

After having a few drinks at the hotel lobby bar, the couple went to their room, according to Elledge, when Jamie Snow noticed her husband stopped and went back to the bar. She went to sleep, only to wake up about 4 a.m. and discover he hadn’t returned to the room.

Snow started searching the hotel for her husband at that point, Elledge said. About 8:30 in the morning someone told her he had been found dead, possibly after falling between the walls of the resort next door.

That's a bit different than a window in a hotel a few miles away.

Kent

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Covid

I am MAGA.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Daughter & SIL just returned from Cancun.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a reason their citizens are trying to escape that place.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
For those that still think the “Resort” Areas are “safe”.
Exactly...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
COVID?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
He obviously didn't act gringo enough. It's safe for gringos, especially in resort areas. They don't want to risk the revenue........

It's changed, Gruff. Cancun isn't that safe anymore. Safest places are cities like Merida, where cartel members send their families to live.

My post was satirical lol

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I wonder how much the family had to bribe the Mexicans to get his body released. Bet it was $$$$$.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No reason to buy round trip tickets... get there and party till they kill ya...

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No interest in MX.

If I wanted sand and nice water - lots available in Florida, Carrib etc.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to Cancun seven times. I hated Cancun. But Cancun had an airport. We would fly down there from Atlanta, rent a car, and get out of town. We went 80 miles, down to a little town on the beach called Tulum. We would rent a little hut on the beach, lay back in a hammock under a palm tree and drink a cold Mexican beer. It was great! And very cheap. Beautiful crystal clear Carribbean water, wonderful skin diving there in the Yucatan.
This was back in the eighties. Last time we went was 1991. There were no problems except, every time we went down, now we would stay for a week, and the day we got back we got amoebic dysentery. They call it Montezuma's revenge. You will not be at your job for 4 days. Really nasty.

Anyway, no crime there in the Yucatan in those days. I talked to a gal who was at the same town, Tulum, in 2005 and she said the dope cartels were having shootouts in the streets with the Federal police, and she would never go back.

I also travelled extensively around Mexico by car in the seventies and eighties. Never had a problem. That country has gone into the septic tank since then. I wouldn't go back to Mexico today if you paid me a thousand dollars.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
https://apnews.com/article/shooting...y-crime-28c929e6ed1c8ce759a06f412837ae89

Deadly spring break: 3 men charged in 2 deaths in Florida...

Kent

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
DMc Daughter & SIL just returned from Cancun.

DMc that is a great picture of your daughter riding the jet ski in the crystal waters of Cancun. Beautiful sandy beach. Palm trees. Did your daughter read this story, this happened just one year ago. And believe me the Mexican media keeps the lid on these murders as much as possible. Don't want to scare off Gringo tourists:

An American tourist was wounded while on vacation in Cancún after Narco hitmen on jet skis sprayed a beach with bullets in an apparent turf war with a rival drug gang. Two people were killed in the shooting.

The tourist, identified only as Kanya N, is a resident of Kentucky and was hospitalised after a stray bullet hit her in the shoulder when she was caught in the crossfire while relaxing under a palm-roofed hut, Vice reported.

Witnesses say two gunmen fired 10 to 15 shots at the beach before escaping across the water. The two victims died at the beach and were reportedly street vendors who sold craft items to tourists. Many such vendors also work as drug dealers, selling marijuana and cocaine to visitors.

The shooting took place in the afternoon of 11 June and is thought to have

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

My post was satirical lol

Posted for the good of the group.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
is it still safe to go to TJ for a BJ?

My diploma is a DD214
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
About the same as always probably.

And that's what most people think mexico is, a place to go engage in risky behavior they wouldn't or couldn't do in Iowa... Obviously it can be had, especially around the tourist hubs.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek

Sad story for friends and family. Should have gone to Chicago instead. Survival 101 do not travel to places where they do not like you.

You should heed that advice and make yourself scarce here

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Been to Cozumel 6-7 times, ferried across to Playa del Carmen several times, took the collectivo to Tulum...loved it.
Haven't been in several years now...Sadly probably won't return.
Probably go back to Punta Cana.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.