A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RJY66
I was told by a policeman that you need to use factory ammo in your carry gun because if you ever do have to kill someone and wind up in court the scumbag's scumbag lawyer will try to paint you as a vigilante, militia member, white supremacist, etc. whose hobby was loading up "extra deadly super lethal hombrew ammo" whilst masturbating to the thought of killing a poor disadvantaged black child and you finally got your chance when Vontavious tried to knock your brains out. He was a goot boy, just getting his life together dontcha know?

Practice ammo? Load away.

That's not what my attorney says.

Get a different attorney, or ask him to supply you with a single SD case where handloads was a issue in court.

You might want to re-read the post I replied to.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
I was told by a policeman that you need to use factory ammo in your carry gun because if you ever do have to kill someone and wind up in court the scumbag's scumbag lawyer will try to paint you as a vigilante, militia member, white supremacist, etc. whose hobby was loading up "extra deadly super lethal hombrew ammo" whilst masturbating to the thought of killing a poor disadvantaged black child and you finally got your chance when Vontavious tried to knock your brains out. He was a goot boy, just getting his life together dontcha know?

Practice ammo? Load away.

That's not what my attorney says.

Get a different attorney, or ask him to supply you with a single SD case where handloads was a issue in court.

You might want to re-read the post I replied to.

LOL, sorry I F-ed that up didn't i.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since there are ammo shortages in USA lets expand selection topic. The old style non-premium ammo is still perfectly fine to buy and use. It just does not meet certain federal police standards under more rigorous testing conditions (additional barrier(s) in front of target,......) but for civilian defensive use it is perfectly good ammo. This induces Sierra Outdoor Master (also available under Sig Sauer line), Federal Punch, Hornady Critical Defense, Winchester Silvertip, Remington HTP, Federal Classic HiShok..... There are certain loads that may function in military guns not designed (P-38, Star Super,.....) for jhp ammo. These include: Federal Syntech Defense, Federal Classic Hi-shok 115gr. These have smaller cavity and shape very similar to fmj bullets. I would stay away from +p or +p+ even if gun is so rated because it increases recoil, muzzle flash for no benefit.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Taurus used to have problems.
Some models were better than others
Multiple CEO changes with promises time and again to "make things better".

Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't.

Worked in a gun shop that sold a bunch of them (because of consumer demand), sent a bunch back.
10 yrs ago they sucked as a company as did their products.

Dunno if things have improved.
I wouldn't risk it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Taurus 24/7 Duty Pistol.

With some company history thrown in for good measure.

https://www.policemag.com/339209/taurus-24-7-duty-pistol

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is nothing wrong with either pistol. Taurus is not the same company of a decade ago. They’ve made huge improvements in their product line. I have a g2c, the price was worth the imagined risk, sub $200 after the rebate. My only gripe was the trigger. I picked up a G3 last year and it’s a solid performer.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek
I do not know anything

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Are Taurus pistols used by Brazilian police or military? By other South American-Central American police or military?

Bruce

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you are worried about carry ammo, find out what your local police/sheriffs carry and use that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TBREW401
If you are worried about carry ammo, find out what your local police/sheriffs carry and use that.

Why?

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A pistol like this is not a range toy; it's not a hunting pistol; it's only useful for sanctioned competition in a limited number of circumstance....all they are good for is as a concealed carry weapon. For anything else you might use a pistol for, there are better choices than pocket-sized 9mm pistols. Given the gravity of the only rational use for these things (defense of one's person and family from potentially fatal circumstances, doesn't it only make sense to get the best you can. For me, that happens to be the Sig 365. Mine has been 100% reliable, it's very easy to carry. It's not unpleasant to shoot, so just about every time I go to the range it gets some use, at least a couple of plate racks. I've had/have a lot of pistols, many little pocket guns. I've never found one as trouble-free, easy to shoot and easy to carry as my Sig 365. If I ever do, I'll buy it. Until then....

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why?

Because in police work there is very good chance the weapon will have to be used, therefore, it has to be reliable and effective. This means one does not have to research stuff they can just buy it and use it. From what I remember American Police usually use Speer Gold Dot or Winchester Ranger T (PDX1 +P).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why?

Because in police work there is very good chance the weapon will have to be used, therefore, it has to be reliable and effective.

And because they were the low bidders.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Why?

Because in police work there is very good chance the weapon will have to be used, therefore, it has to be reliable and effective.

It is nice. I just looked it up. A policeman can order Winchester Ranger T 147gr for $25 per 50. The place is called Atlantic Tactical.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Why?

Because in police work there is very good chance the weapon will have to be used, therefore, it has to be reliable and effective. This means one does not have to research stuff they can just buy it and use it. From what I remember American Police usually use Speer Gold Dot or Winchester Ranger T (PDX1 +P).

Originally Posted by NVhntr

Why?

BINGO

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by bcp
Are Taurus pistols used by Brazilian police or military? By other South American-Central American police or military?

Bruce

What is the point you are trying to make Bruce?

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by bcp

Bruce

Bruce, Beretta built a plant in Brazil to manufacture the 92 Beretta for the Brazilian military. When the contract was complete they sold the plant to Taurus with the technical data package for that pistol. I did not mean to bash all Taurus products in that post. I do not own a Taurus PT-92 or a PT-99 but have many friends that do and I have shot them often enough to be familiar with them. In my opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it, the Taurus PT92 & PT99 are as reliable as the Beretta 92F's that I own. I believe that the PT-92 was also used by the Brazilian police at one time. I don't know if they still do. It's their more recent polymer pistols that I would be concerned about.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I got a used G2C from a friend who works for Dallas Sheriffs department. He probably put 300 rounds through it starting from right out of the box to when I traded a Mossberg pump for it. I bought a 200 round box of Federal 115 gr. FMJ and got my stepson, his son and my wife to burn it up for practice one afternoon. They got it hot emptying the three magazines as fast as they could several times. Never a bobble. Accurate little pistol too. Took it apart, cleaned it and gave it to my stepson. This particular example I have no worries it will go off when needed or that if needed you could run 30 plus rounds through it if that was what the situation required. I then went to Academy and got a G3C for some under $240. Better trigger and right from the box I ran a hundred rounds through it no problems and it came sighted in. This one is also a very good shooter. My Sheriffs department friend bought himself an 8 shot Walther PPS 9mm pocket pistol and still doesn't trust it. Wishes he had kept the G2. He has run some three hundred rounds through the Walther and has had many stovepipe type jams. The Walther is slimmer but he is just not confident he will get through a magazine without some kind of malfunction. He needs to send it back but he would have to buy another pistol to carry while it is away. However almost any reliable pistol will get the job done. Just because I had 2 positive experiences with these Taurus pistols does not mean they all will be trouble free just as his Walther is probably not representative of all Walthers. No matter what you buy you need to run at least a couple hundred rounds through it to get an idea of how reliable it is and to get a feel for the pistol.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
There is a reason why no professional outfits carry Taurus

Nuff said.

Friends don't let friends run Taurus

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My ex mother in law is French and I wouldnt let her buy a Taurus

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.