Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

stumbled across this yesterday

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Carry good dental insurance

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
he did back and front tires too

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
he did back and front tires too

Keep the dentist on speed dial then

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just ordered a gallon of a product called Slime. It is green and cost about $20. The problem I'm trying to deal with is several very small leaks in 750 X 16 front tractor tires. I've leased a neglected pasture with a good number of small honey locust trying to take the place. We sprayed with Grazon and Crossbow and waited a while to begin mowing. Needless to say leaks have appeared.
Has anyone used this Green Slime? Does it work on tubeless tires?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I woulda just mowed then sprayed. My experience is a dead “weed” like you describe pokes a tire better than one alive

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I just ordered a gallon of a product called Slime. It is green and cost about $20. The problem I'm trying to deal with is several very small leaks in 750 X 16 front tractor tires. I've leased a neglected pasture with a good number of small honey locust trying to take the place. We sprayed with Grazon and Crossbow and waited a while to begin mowing. Needless to say leaks have appeared.

it works pretty good on small holes, I think you want the hole positioned at the bottom of the tire when you use it. I don't think it does great with dry rot cracks on the sidewalls. There are other products that work well, but slime works well enough for the price point.

I've got to the point where I can put a tube in a mower tire in about 20 minutes with a harbor freight bead breaker (never been a fan of driving up on the tire with a 2X4). TSC sells tubes lined with Slime - no idea if they are better but they only cost a couple of dollars more so I buy them

Last edited by KFWA; 07/27/21.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cmon man, erbody know this 👍

Did this to my tiller and wheelbarrow tars several years ago

Also been doing the Slime for a long time too on other tires. Used to have a roofing tear-off trailer. Some of my tires had 3-4 nails in them all the time. crazy Keep on rollin baby!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

Also been doing the Slime for a long time too on other tires. Used to have a roofing tear-off trailer. Some of my tires had 3-4 nails in them all the time. crazy Keep on rollin baby!!

Full mouth of dentures ^^^

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

yea, I can see doing a wheelbarrow tire - that would work pretty well - also every time I need to use my dolly those cheap little tires are flat, might work with those too

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
As an aside, Fix-A-Flat, Lol

Make sure you tell Bubba down at the tire shop if you’ve loaded a tire with Fx a Flat.

I had about 3 cans worth in one piece of crap trailer tire. He dismounted it and got aboit 1/2 gallon of that [bleep] all over him and his Texas Steer Kmart boots. LOL

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Make sure you tell Bubba down at the tire shop of you’ve toaded a tire with Fx a Flat.

I had about 3 cans worth on one piece of crap trailer tire. He dismounted it and got aboit 1/2 gallon of that [bleep] all over him and his Texas Steer Kmart boots. LOL

LOL

I've been cussed out for that too

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Just put 4 new tires on my Z mower after 15 years because of dry rot and leaks. Was considering professional foam fill like I did on my skidsteer tires 10 years ago. Chose not to due to cost and concern about rough ride.

Local tire shop recommended Slime. So I went with Slime. Will find out over the next 15 years if that was a good choice or not.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Make sure you tell Bubba down at the tire shop if you’ve loaded a tire with Fx a Flat.

I had about 3 cans worth in one piece of crap trailer tire. He dismounted it and got aboit 1/2 gallon of that [bleep] all over him and his Texas Steer Kmart boots. LOL

Made in Chy-na

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Quad Boss ATV tire sealant or Tireject is far better than slime.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There are 2 Slime products

Tubeless -- & Tube type.

NEITHER I have used are pressurized containers.

I had a flat on the front of my 255 Ferguson MAY. 14. I put half a bottle of Slime in it THEN aired up to 35 psi.
Tube type
YES put hole/leak on bottom THEN add slime. Give it a little time to seal.

Still Holding today.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I used Slime in ATV tires for a few years with no problems, but when I put it in my mower tires it stopped up the valve stems. Maybe I just used too much, or they were crap stems..

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

the stuff used in dirt bikes and mountain bike tires?

its ok
kind of like the leak stop goo in the fix-flat cans

or that black goo they paint on aluminum rims when they start to pit around the bead.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 07/27/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I've been using the green slime product in the riding mower for several years. I run over a lot of prickly pear cactus. It seems to work.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just air them up by sound.....

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.