Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lacy1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was going to work in the garden and was letting it cool down a little. Saw a rain cloud building to the North. So I went into the barn for a few minutes to gather my gardening tools. I came out and said I will go check the fish feeder by the pond before I head up to the garden. I knew better. I have been an outdoorsman all my life. Thought storm was still 15 minutes away. FLASH CRACK BOOM!!! Lightening Bolt struck about 300 yards from me in my hardwoods. Shook me up pretty bad but my KY bourbon is now helping to calm me down. House was only 75 yards away. I got inside and boom 2 more strikes close by…
When you hear that first bit of thunder head for cover!!!
Now sitting on screened porch enjoying a steady rain.
CHEERS!!

GoTigersGo
GB4

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you can hear thunder...you can be struck by lightning.

Thats why so many Boomers get struck and killed. They aint heared schit!

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you can hear thunder...you can be struck by lightning.

Thats why so many Boomers get struck and killed. They aint heared schit!

LOL!

Twothings I respect when I’m up at the Colorado place working. Moose and lightening!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you play in the mountains you will get the schidt scared out of you on a regular basis. My climbing partners used to get pizzed when I would yell "you missed" at the sky after a close one.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was talking to the Lord about my buddy's lightning bolt experience the day after he prayed for a "lightning bolt LIKE experience" as confirmation to his prayer. He had one that shook him up, strike real close. .

I was just talking to the Lord about that one day and appreciated him doing that for my friend. That's something special IF you walk away from that.
The day after I prayed, the summer draught ended and I ran out there with the ground wet in bare feet. I wanted to collect a bunch of rain water and set out the containers under the flow. I look up straight across from me, less than 30 paces. A bolt bigger in diameter than the trunk of my 60+ year old hemlock struck. I quickly ran inside thanking Him for His mercy. That obviously was no coincidence.

That's one reason it's so important for everyone to watch this.
Someone cared enough to share the same facts with me and so I'm just passing it forward.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/27/21.
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Never had one hit close when outside.
Hammered neighbors tree maybe 30 yards over.
Man that was LOUD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One afternoon I saw a bolt hit a power pole on the opposite side of the road I was traveling, maybe 100 feet away. Nothing can prepare you for something like that, to say the least.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was "trucking" tobacco on a IH Super A for my granddad when a cloud builds up.
We were nearly done for the day and he didn't want to head for the barn until we were. I could see the lighting but it looked a ways off. The black guys that were "cropping" were nervous as hell.
Then a bolt strikes about 30yds behind us, the field hands took off running Grandpops jumps on the draw bar screaming "go go" and I run that old tractor to the barn WFO. He would have whopped me good for running that tractor like that any other time.
We went back the next morning to see a circle of dead tobacco about 15 feet across. The middle stalks were burnt to a crisp.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Was driving in the truck and a white circular light blinded me in the windshield and the thunder deafened me, figured I was hit.

A big Ponderosa was split down the middle and smoke coming from it's heart close to elk camp.

But 2008 I was archery antelope hunting, had hiked a couple miles and could see a storm coming, I've been wet before, no biggy... It expanded right over the top of me as I was walking back and a mile out it turned into a lightning storm, literally hitting all around me, the sulfur smell was strong. I'm in the middle of a prairie so just kept walking, no use worrying about it, if hit someone else would have to clean the mess... Oh well...

Kent

Last edited by krp; 07/27/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had one strike in the driveway behind the work trailer a few weeks ago. I'd been working on the excavator right up until the strike but had just come inside.

LOL
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When it is your time, it is your time. Don’t cry like a Puzzy on this site

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Had one strike in the driveway behind the work trailer a few weeks ago. I'd been working on the excavator right up until the strike but had just come inside.

GFY Puzzy . Buy some real equipment

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back in the ‘70’s, I was working on my motorcycle in the carport during a thunderstorm. My driveway from carport to the street was approximately 50 feet. Lightning stuck the driveway pavement near the street......leaving a mark on the pavement. Almost left a mark in my underwear! 😁 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

I was talking to the Lord about my buddy's lightning bolt experience the day after he prayed for a "lightning bolt LIKE experience" as confirmation to his prayer. He had one that shook him up, strike real close. .

I was just talking to the Lord about that one day and appreciated him doing that for my friend. That's something special IF you walk away from that.
The day after I prayed, the summer draught ended and I ran out there with the ground wet in bare feet. I wanted to collect a bunch of rain water and set out the containers under the flow. I look up straight across from me, less than 30 paces. A bolt bigger in diameter than the trunk of my 60+ year old hemlock struck. I quickly ran inside thanking Him for His mercy. That obviously was no coincidence.

That's one reason it's so important for everyone to watch this.
Someone cared enough to share the same facts with me and so I'm just passing it forward.

you are so completely full of schitt it’s not even funny

Do something useful you worthless troll. Drag your sorry carcass out of the basement and post a pic of yourself in the yard.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It hit a a pine tree about ten feet from me years ago, blew bark all over me. Scared me a bit.

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I was hoddying for my father, a storm was building up so he told me to clean up, we were done. As I was washing the mortar mixer a bolt struck just up the hill; I felt the jolt go through me, as did a plumber who was finishing up the copper plumbing. Going home that day, a bolt hit a bronze statue near the street; I saw it hit but didn't have time to cover my ears before it hit; they were ringing most of the evening.

Dale

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We used to work in the rain all the time until one day at the cemetery lightning struck a tree a 100 feet from us, that was the end of that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lightening has struck nearby many times and I've had the hair on the back of my neck stand up before.

A very good friend says his vehicle has been struck 3 separate times while he was in it.

If you think about it. Might not be a bad way to go. You'd never know what hit you. Now the mortician might have a hard time laying your hair back down for the open casket.

Hehe

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
We used to work in the rain all the time until one day at the cemetery lightning struck a tree a 100 feet from us, that was the end of that.

Had it hit a tree on the stock tank I was fishing as a kid. Less than a 100 feet. Fun stuff.

Dad and little brother were working on the Combine when it got struck.

Mom and I were smart. We were already in the Grain Truck. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Buy a lottery ticket.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 74 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,961
Posts18,480,521
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.