Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you can hear thunder...you can be struck by lightning.

Thats why so many Boomers get struck and killed. They aint heared schit!

LOL!

Twothings I respect when I’m up at the Colorado place working. Moose and lightening!

My grandpa was really hard of hearing....and hated snakes.

When him and dad would be walking somewhere, dad noticed that grandpa would watch him real close.

If dad would jump back....so would grandpa.

Not because he heard a snake...just because the guy that could hear them reacted....so he might as well react too.

I am MAGA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
If you can hear thunder...you can be struck by lightning.

Thats why so many Boomers get struck and killed. They aint heared schit!

LOL!

Twothings I respect when I’m up at the Colorado place working. Moose and lightening!

My grandpa was really hard of hearing....and hated snakes.

When him and dad would be walking somewhere, dad noticed that grandpa would watch him real close.

If dad would jump back....so would grandpa.

Not because he heard a snake...just because the guy that could hear them reacted....so he might as well react too.

Smart man!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

I was talking to the Lord about my buddy's lightning bolt experience the day after he prayed for a "lightning bolt LIKE experience" as confirmation to his prayer. He had one that shook him up, strike real close. .

I was just talking to the Lord about that one day and appreciated him doing that for my friend. That's something special IF you walk away from that.
The day after I prayed, the summer draught ended and I ran out there with the ground wet in bare feet. I wanted to collect a bunch of rain water and set out the containers under the flow. I look up straight across from me, less than 30 paces. A bolt bigger in diameter than the trunk of my 60+ year old hemlock struck. I quickly ran inside thanking Him for His mercy. That obviously was no coincidence.

That's one reason it's so important for everyone to watch this.
Someone cared enough to share the same facts with me and so I'm just passing it forward.

you are so completely full of schitt it’s not even funny

Do something useful you worthless troll. Drag your sorry carcass out of the basement and post a pic of yourself in the yard.

I'm really going to lose sleep over your comment there 4623.

If you ever have a lightning bolt experience, would you and all of your friends even recognize it might be the Lord trying to get your attention?
My friend did.
I did.
No coincidence.
If I were you, I think I would consider that simple video while you have a chance. Do you hear rain?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was tedding a hay field on the John Deere when a lightning bolt hit a tree right behind me on the hill.
That is still today the absolute loudest thing I’ve ever heard.
My pal met me in the middle of the field on the New Holland as I was racing for the barn.
He was yelling “we’re done!” Over and over.
The bolt started two fires on that hill and I had to let wildland firefighters through the gates and lead them up the road for access...... I pay attention now when a storm starts rolling in.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I was talking to the Lord about my buddy's lightning bolt experience the day after he prayed for a "lightning bolt LIKE experience" as confirmation to his prayer. He had one that shook him up, strike real close. .

I was just talking to the Lord about that one day and appreciated him doing that for my friend. That's something special IF you walk away from that.
The day after I prayed, the summer draught ended and I ran out there with the ground wet in bare feet. I wanted to collect a bunch of rain water and set out the containers under the flow. I look up straight across from me, less than 30 paces. A bolt bigger in diameter than the trunk of my 60+ year old hemlock struck. I quickly ran inside thanking Him for His mercy. That obviously was no coincidence.

Someone cared enough to share the same facts with me and so I'm just passing it forward.

Do something useful you worthless troll. Drag your sorry carcass out of the basement and post a pic of yourself in the yard.

If you ever have a lightning bolt experience, would you and all of your friends even recognize it might be the Lord trying to get your attention?
My friend did.
I did.
No coincidence.
If I were you, I think I would consider that simple video while you have a chance. Do you hear rain?
ive had plenty of lightning experiences and never once thought it was God sending me a message.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have had a lot of lightning strikes very near our house much more than normal the last couple of years. There were two houses burned to the ground about a mile from us last year. We decided to have the lightning rods installed on our house and it helped put us at ease for reducing it hitting the house directly. Won't keep it from hitting a power line near us, but at least they are all buried around us. Several of the other houses in our neighborhood have also had them installed after we did.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My friend did.
I did.
No coincidence.
ive had plenty of lightning experiences and never once thought it was God sending me a message.

I guess you didn't bother talking to Him the day before.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had one couple days ago. I sit outside with the dogs when storms come in

Snap before the boom. For a 1/2 second you know youre
fugged.

Dayum, that is some bass!! Seen barn cats haul ass I didn’t even know we still had anymore.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You’re full of schitt. Not a drop of credibility. Not a single person here believes a word you type. Stop wasting your time.

Lacy1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well all I know is that my Long Branch Bourbon is tasting a little bit better this evening!!!

GoTigersGo
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Our ranch at Raton is ~ 8000 ft elevation, and up. Lightning is a very common fact of life there.
Several strikes closer than I prefer, in the pasture.
I was in a Quonset barn, twice, when it was hit. (Las Vegas)
Now live 1/4 mile north of that site - lightning hit so close to the house and office, it knocked pictures, business licenses, and all off the walls. Did ~ 8K in damages to computers, electronics, and our security gate.
Was on a windmill tower, south of Wagon Mound, when a bolt hit 50 - 60 yards from me. Don't think I ever recalled who I was speaking with on the cell phone - and don't remember ever touching a rung - all the way to the ground.
And finally, The Warden" and I were northbound, between the Bernalillo exits I25), when lightning hit the year old pickup we were in, and set a fire in the median. Rain hit about the time we got stopped and put the fire out.
Totalled the radio-telephone in the truck (in 1985 smile ),burned up a fuzzbuster, the radio, the fast idle solenoid, and I forget what else.

You might say we are both acquainted with lightning. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either my Great or Great Great Grandfather on my Mother's side was out working in the field, got rain soaked, got back to the barn and started stripping off wet clothes and struck by lightening and killed.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was a Park Ranger in a former life, and I had a real close call myself once. The hairs on the back of my neck started tingling and I smelled the ozone. That combo set off my "Spidey Senses" and I headed indoors quickly. As soon as I made it into the Ranger Station, All He## broke loose right where I had been standing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I recall being the designated gate opener/closer during a lightning storm when visiting my brother-in-laws parents property many years ago. The burnt out trees on the tops of the ridges gave me comfort in thinking that I'd be safer in the valley that the road followed, and I was right. The direct overhead cloud to cloud strikes made me a bit nervous though.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My friend did.
I did.
No coincidence.

It doesn't matter if you believe me.
What matters is that you believe the Lord.

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Signed,

The Lord Jesus Christ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I was "trucking" tobacco on a IH Super A for my granddad when a cloud builds up.
We were nearly done for the day and he didn't want to head for the barn until we were. I could see the lighting but it looked a ways off. The black guys that were "cropping" were nervous as hell.
Then a bolt strikes about 30yds behind us, the field hands took off running Grandpops jumps on the draw bar screaming "go go" and I run that old tractor to the barn WFO. He would have whopped me good for running that tractor like that any other time.
We went back the next morning to see a circle of dead tobacco about 15 feet across. The middle stalks were burnt to a crisp.

Dang! As an eastern N.C. boy who grew up doing exactly what you were doing, I can fully appreciate that.
Another way to clear a harvester of croppers is for someone to yell "snake!"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Lacy1
I was going to work in the garden and was letting it cool down a little. Saw a rain cloud building to the North. So I went into the barn for a few minutes to gather my gardening tools. I came out and said I will go check the fish feeder by the pond before I head up to the garden. I knew better. I have been an outdoorsman all my life. Thought storm was still 15 minutes away. FLASH CRACK BOOM!!! Lightening Bolt struck about 300 yards from me in my hardwoods. Shook me up pretty bad but my KY bourbon is now helping to calm me down. House was only 75 yards away. I got inside and boom 2 more strikes close by…
When you hear that first bit of thunder head for cover!!!
Now sitting on screened porch enjoying a steady rain.
CHEERS!!

Wow!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at the 1,600 foot level of a 2,000 foot tall television transmitter (WRAL, south of Raleigh) when a storm blew up quickly and unexpectedly and began throwing bolts from the sky, some of which I could see arc across below me. The 16 minute elevator ride down to the base was the longest 16 minutes of my life.
Ironically, me and my partner were installing a suite of weather sensors on the tower. laugh

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/27/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here you go "Lightning Rod Reg" one of my favorites...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGR6Wk3Kboo

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Almost got hot standing in the kitchen. Lighting hit the ground and came up thru the dishwasher. Blew a hole in the floor and deafened me for about 15 min.

Also got caught up about 10,000 feet near rifle co in a Lightning storm on a 4 wheeler. Scary for sure.

I don’t like lightning

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.