-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
700's - unlikely. They made too many of them and clones abound.

I get rather blueprinting a 700 vs a clone - you're losing your butt on resale regardless but at least you KNOW it's true. Some so called clones that are supposed to be GTG - are you sure? If you check it and it's wrong - then it's "he said/he said" between mfg and gunsmith - goes on for a while, either they pay to have the gsmith true it or send a replacement. More time wasted. Or you can just blue print a 700 and be done and KNOW.

I don't think the 700's increase. Mostly because I don't see an older 700 being appreciably better than a "new" 700 from new owners. They're going to be close in quality. Pre-64 vs a 68 Win M70 - there were major differences in just how it was made, much less some perceived quality. (crf vs PF)

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No I don’t think so. Too many Remington clones. As for crf model 70”s. The new production are better guns.

This except for the part that the newer production are better guns. Hunter market is shrinking, people are interested in plastic and steel. Had Remington gone bankrupt 30 years ago they would bring in money.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is this old news? What are they thinking setting a precedent like this?
Sandy Hook

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by jwall
[quote=jorgeI]hahahahaha...NO.

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Jorge, I've told you before and it's STILL the truth. I've been shooting, loading, graphing, & hunting Rem 700s since
1975 (?) I still have a few.

NOT one, single, solitary, problem of ANY sort.

jwall & I said that.

I was just proffering my opinion on the value question, not on the issue of the 700s multiple maladies, such as non-locking bolt and fail on fire safety, brazed on bolt handle and flimsy extractor, but since you brought it up.... But let us know when a 700 approaches the values commanded by pre-64s...

-------------------------------------

Okay jorge. I was NOT talking of $$$$, I have no idea. Maybe so, maybe no....."Wilford Brimley"

I have a diff opinion about Pre 64s than many. Everyone has the right to their opinion.

No Harm No Foul

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
700 ADL and BDL models may not rise sharply in price, but the Classics have. Then, add caliber rarity to it and you are currently seeing upwards of $8- 900 for rifles in good to excellent condition. The fellas who like the Classics are typically not the plastic Creedmor soy boys, and they have money to spend.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Older Rems are already selling for $200+ over what they were a year ago.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Older Rems are already selling for $200+ over what they were a year ago.

Is that because they're Rems or is that because the rush is on across all firearms?

I tend to think the later more than that Remington as a brand/product has suddenly risen in value due to circumstances at Remington.

Me

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'll sell anyone here a 780 for $600 with original no-name scope..... Wallyworld special. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No I don’t think so. Too many Remington clones. As for crf model 70”s. The new production are better guns.

I sure hope so; I just ordered one. Only issue for me me is a minor one, the two-piece bolt. I prefer the older trigger, but the new one is supposed to be very crisp.

FYI: The current actions are made in Portugal, barrels are Bergaras from Spain, and the stock for mine is a B&C. That’s as of this morning; tomorrow, who knows?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Remingtons new owners make stupid decisions like Winchester has, older Remingtons will go up in value

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If they do it will be driven (just as with the 70s), not by people wanting them as rifles, but by people buying them up as investments to make sure that they don' t go at a reasonable price to the people who want to use them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
No. Remington was never the "Rifleman's Rifle".

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remington firearms doesn’t make anything anyone wants anymore anyway

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/29/21.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Those of us who were never impressed with the need to true the action, re-trigger, re-stock and re-barrel a 700 to bring it up to speed...might be able to unload some of these turkeys at a little profit if they do go up in value.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like others have said, if it is a special factory rifle, likely something out of production, the values may go up. If it's just plain-jane stuff or donor actions, there are too many really good competitors and "clones" out there on the market for the pricing to go up that much by comparison. Economic principle of substitution and all....

Now with even more aplomb
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No. I don’t believe they will. Remington has never been designed as good as a Winchester or Ruger for that matter.

Tikka, Weatherby and Howa put them to shame as well. Very poor quality control and even worse management has been Remington’s demise!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Since GW Bush gave China the green light prices have steadily increased on just about everything. Since the stolen election prices for everything have gone up exponentially. Remington's golden age is somewhat tarnished and Savage did to Remington what Remington did to Winchester. Current prices reflect the inflation that the democrat regime has bestowed on us.

No company is exempt from their management's indiscretions. Walker's design stood the test of time and is still one of the most easy designs to gunsmith. Sure it has problems, many from lack of quality control. The design could've benefitted from upgrades in extraction and ejection as well as fire control but that never happened. Bolt timing has suffered for decades and I suspect Unions and imprudent management decisions are behind all the QC problems. It is still the most copied action design in history. Most current custom actions have the Remington footprint.

The Pre64 Winchester remains a great design but it was and still is impossible to produce to the price point that most consumers expect. That's why they redesigned it and still couldn't compete with the tubular design. It is what it is and until we rid ourselves of the malevolence that has corrupted our nation we will have to live with what we've been imposed with and Remington may never get the chance to regain it's lofty perch in the market. At present it still is cheaper than any of the customs and still able to compete with many; if you stumble onto the right one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
Since GW Bush gave China the green light prices have steadily increased on just about everything. Since the stolen election prices for everything have gone up exponentially. Remington's golden age is somewhat tarnished and Savage did to Remington what Remington did to Winchester. Current prices reflect the inflation that the democrat regime has bestowed on us.

No. The price of new Remington 700 is $550. Prices of new mass-produced firearms have not risen drastically in last few years. The prices of used stuff is based on current demand. When asked whether I should buy used Remington 700 .300H&H or Winchester CRF .300H&H advise as almost unanimous in favor of the Winchester. I hope this helps original poster.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 67 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,076
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.