-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Olympian Caeleb Dressel tears up on gold medal stand while national anthem plays

Caeleb Dressel teared up on the gold medal stand while the national anthem played at the Tokyo Olympics after he won his first individual race at the Games and set a record while doing it.

Dressel, 24, finished the 100-meter freestyle with a time of 47.02 – an Olympic record. He narrowly beat Kyle Chalmers, of Australia, to get the medal. The emotions for the Florida native set in after the race as he spoke with NBC right out of the pool.

"I don’t know if it’s set in yet," the American said. "Right now, I’m just kinda …. It’s a really tough year. It’s really hard. So to have the results here … It really came together so I’m happy."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/caeleb-dressel-gold-medal-national-anthem

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Surely there's something more to the story "we" can bitch about? Is he queer or anything?

Didn't they all get blocked from having family and friends attend, or even travel to Japan? Fuucked year. Cardboard beds. Masks. Jabs.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not all of em are schytbyrds looking for Social media attention, and spotlight possible endorsement schit thru "woke" status.

Like that bozo colored hair lesbian soccor dyke who thinks she is soooooo important and trendy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
👍

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
My opinion: The vast majority of young people representing the U.S.A. in this Olympics are patriotic Americans who are proud of their country. DESPITE the mountain of attention that the Lame Stream Media showers on the small number of "woke" athletes who should be competing under another flag...

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's my thing about watching these Olympics.

The loudest do-nothing losers get the most coverage but there are still a lot of patriotic champions that truly want to represent their country in a good way.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Orion2000
My opinion: The vast majority of young people representing the U.S.A. in this Olympics are patriotic Americans who are proud of their country. DESPITE the mountain of attention that the Lame Stream Media showers on the small number of "woke" athletes who should be competing under another flag...

This ^^^^^.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
👍

...........I second that motion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Not all of em are schytbyrds looking for Social media attention, and spotlight possible endorsement schit thru "woke" status.

Like that bozo colored hair lesbian soccor dyke who thinks she is soooooo important and trendy.

I want to toss my beans every time I see that purple manface.

Gag me with a [bleep] maggot.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Let’s keep this on athletes that are proud to represent the USA.

Everyone knows what the others are.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000

The media focuses on the reality that they want to fabricate.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/olympi...sel-carry-a-blue-bandanna-040137901.html

Olympic mystery solved: Why does Caeleb Dressel carry a blue bandanna?

You won’t have to watch Caeleb Dressel, America’s great post-Phelps swimming hope, for very long before you’ll catch sight of a deep blue bandanna in his hands. He clutches it immediately prior to meets, and then, once he’s posted an almost-inevitable victory, he ties it around his medal’s ribbon. Blue, dotted with cows, it’s a constant presence at every pool where Dressel swims, including standing atop the medal podium Thursday.

Dressel won the men's 100-meter freestyle, claiming his first Olympic gold. Standing on the podium, right arm over his heart, Dressel clutched that blue bandanna in his left had as tears flowed down his masked face.

Many athletes have totems, charms, superstitious objects they use to steady themselves and prepare for the biggest moments of their lives. But for Dressel, the bandanna is a symbol of much more: how far he’s come, and how much one person helped him get here.

The bandanna belonged to Claire McCool, Dressel’s high school math teacher, who died of breast cancer in 2017 at age 62. Those are the facts. They don’t come close to telling the whole story.

By the time Dressel walked into McCool’s freshman geometry class at Clay High School in Green Cove Springs, Florida, he was already an accomplished swimmer … and he was already feeling the pressure of expectations. Three years later, when Dressel decided to take a substantial break from swimming, McCool was there for him as mentor and sounding board.

“I don’t regret taking time off at all. It was really hard getting back into shape, back into the groove,” he told Yahoo Sports a few months back. “I needed the mental break … I was a 17-year-old kid, a top recruit coming out of high school, a lot of talk around me about expectation. I wasn’t used to that. I was like any high schooler, trying to figure out my life … Who knows where I’d be if I didn’t take that break?”

Once he returned to the pool and worked his way up to the pinnacle, Dressel paid tribute to McCool in the best way he knew how.

The tattoos that run along Dressel’s left arm and shoulder are a tribute to his Florida heritage; the meaning of the Olympic rings encircling his right forearm is obvious. Before meets, he often writes Bible verses on his cheek like Isaiah 40:31. (“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”)

But during a 50-yard freestyle race at the 2016 SEC championships, the race that would vault him into the national spotlight and, soon afterward, onto the Olympic team, Dressel wrote just one word on his cheek: MCCOOL.

“I had never felt that level of support and just to know that you mean that much to another human, another person, especially someone that’s not in your family,” McCool told WUFT after that race, about 18 months before her death. “I keep going back to the word humbled. I’m just so humbled by it all and so appreciative that I’ve got him in my corner.”

She watched as Dressel established his dominance, winning two golds in Rio and then an astounding seven golds in the 2017 worlds in Budapest. Soon after that, though, she succumbed to cancer. Her husband Mike presented Caeleb with one of her workout bandannas, and he’s kept it with him ever since.

He doesn’t talk much about McCool; it’s a personal matter for him, not one to be processed and chewed into an Olympic feel-good tale. But it’s clear from how often and how close he holds the bandanna that her presence is never far from his mind.

“The bandanna is very significant,” he says. “It’s a piece of her that I’m always going to have, one physical piece that I have left of her.”

If he delivers the way he’s expected to, that well-traveled bandanna is headed for another podium.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Thanks, Dess.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Compare Dressel to Simone Biles: He comes through under pressure and wins the Gold Medal. Simone lets her teammates down by dropping out of competition where she is clearly the most talented gymnast in the world and has no physical injuries. Reminds me of Simone Manuel- she blames “Overtraining Syndrome “ for not even making the 100 Yard Freestyle team, where she was the defending Olympic Champion. No sense of personal responsibility for their failures.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BulletBud
Compare Dressel to Simone Biles: He comes through under pressure and wins the Gold Medal. Simone lets her teammates down by dropping out of competition where she is clearly the most talented gymnast in the world and has no physical injuries. Reminds me of Simone Manuel- she blames “Overtraining Syndrome “ for not even making the 100 Yard Freestyle team, where she was the defending Olympic Champion. No sense of personal responsibility for their failures.

Well, as was mentioned before, she fuucked up her event, and dropping out was the only hope for the team to get Silver. Or so it was said. She's won a chit-ton of stuff and had a red white and blue hair bow. LOL But yes she bad in 2021. Hopefully Dressel goes on to comand his sport for years.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like was said before, there are a lot of good athletes that are proud of this country but the media it seems only wants to focus on the ones that are not. Well what do you expect, the media does the same thing all the time no matter what the topic is, why would the Olympics be any different?
Go RED, WHITE and BLUE

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The media and every single move this administration makes seems anti-USA in origin. Damned sickening.

Been some other USA patriot competitors too no doubt?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 33 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.