Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry that you're too dense to understand anything about chambering rifle barrels. You probably don't own a single reamer, headspace gauge or any other tooling. Scissors and shim stock just lets a guy avoid buying 2 gauges. I can't help it if you are too Neanderthal to grasp this. I've seen way too many pieces of brass that were not close enough to set headspace with. But of course you are the world's finest gunsmith, rifleman, marksman and goldfish killer...
Done with this. I hate mud wrestling with a pig

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DUMBfhuqk,

PLEASE cite the chambering,brass manufacturer and die manufacturer that "conspired" to trip you up and "allowed" "Magic Scissors" and a doilie,to save your "high precision" "project"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you,that you were DONE welllllll before you fhuqking started. I enjoy that you "think" your Magnificent Fhuqking STUPIDITY is a "choice". It's a plight Sweetheart and them differences are wayyyyyy beyond "stark". Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now if only for added perspective,feel free to cite what you "do" for a "living",that embraces your "acumen","motor skills","mechanical understanding" and "intelligence",given that a piece of brass whipped your ass and a fhuqking doilie SAVED you. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

While there was no need to touch upon your VERY Tender Feelers and countless Insecurities,it was a nice touch and you Melting Snowflakes certainly have that nailed down. Hint.

Bless your heart,for doing your HILARIOUS best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick, how do you headspace a barrel, off of a stick of 30-06 brass that you necked down to create a false shoulder for a 280 chamber, without a gauge. Did you just randomly create that shoulder wherever you felt like it? Measured from case head to false shoulder/neck junction and compared to a chamber drawing? Have a real gunsmith set the headspace and then create false shoulders to fit snug? It's pretty funny to see you make stuff up when you're discussing this stuff with people who actually know when you're full of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
270cry,

I VERY much enjoy,how your Mind Numbing STUPIDITY,is no "Act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling DUMBfhuqks are a hoot! It is fhuqking fascinating,that a piece of brass,set of dies and a barrel can soooooooo very reliably stump you CLUELESS Kchunts. Then trumpets sound and "Magic Scissors" appear,with a doilie to THE "Rescue"! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The only thing you Crying Karens "shoot",is your mouths and Imaginations. It is funnier than fhuqk,that you wish to PROVE same,with a Woke Melting Snowflake Victim Routine. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

I could give less than ZERO fhuqks about a chamber drawing,though undoubtedly you'd need a map to find the schitter. Why in the fhuqk would I measure anything,when I can place a datum anywhere I wish,with brass of repute and mechanical index of same,in relation to positive headspace. Does your Fhuqktardedness "tell" you that it "matters" if it's an OEM offa' da' shelf Rifle or Custom? DO "elaborate" and spare no "details",because it will be funnier than fhuqk if you "try". Dare ya'. PLEASE use all of the slack on the rope,you "think" you can "handle". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Lemme fuel your DUMBfhuqktitude even further. OEM positive headspace ala 260 Virgins. HINT.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Joe Average sure in the fhuqk ain't very bright and I appreciate you Fhuqktards reiterating same,if only obliviously. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The thing is, 'Stick, certainly no brain trust, is operating on the assumption that factory brass is so variable that he might as well treat each rifle and every chambering, as a wildcat. He doesn't care what the headspace measurement actually is, because he plans to go through the false shoulder, fireform, BS anyway. If one wants his brass to fit a certain chamber with no stretch, even on the first firing, this is a decent way to do it. It is also a concept simple enough for even the simple minded to grasp on to. Witness the embracing of this technique by the little stick boy.
A rifle builder or gunsmith who is fitting a barrel, has to assume that the user will, at some point, be firing factory brass or ammo; so he chambers to a given HS dimension (or tries to). He doesn't have the luxury of just chambering to any old dimension and then fireforming brass to fit. He has to make it right and count on the brass manufacturer to do the same.
A friend of mine, who is a barrel maker, would often chamber barrels using a case, which was necked up then sized in the customer's FL die, as a gauge. He would chamber to produce a slight "feel" and figured that was perfect; and it was, usually.
For myself, I chambered a 6BR with the shoulder blown forward .030. For the initial firing, the case headspaced on the case mouth. I cut the chamber to be .003" shorter than the brass. This allowed me to turn the neck down past the neck/shoulder juncture, priot to fire formimg, and avoid the donut.
Installing a pre-chambered barrel to fit a piece of sized brass (false shoulder or not) will work just fine with that brass and dies but it may not be anything like an industry standard. GD

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Sorry that you're too dense to understand anything about chambering rifle barrels. You probably don't own a single reamer, headspace gauge or any other tooling. Scissors and shim stock just lets a guy avoid buying 2 gauges. I can't help it if you are too Neanderthal to grasp this. I've seen way too many pieces of brass that were not close enough to set headspace with. But of course you are the world's finest gunsmith, rifleman, marksman and goldfish killer...
Done with this. I hate mud wrestling with a pig

As long as a guy is setting a rifle up for self and building ammo to fit that chamber, it is of little import if that headspace matches SAAMI specs or not.

Ex: Savage in 22-250 with bolt set back enough to accept no-go gauge. Early days, I did not know I could easily adjust headspace on the rifle.

Instead I ran a 243 expander through all of my brass, the necked it down just enough to chamber with positive headspace. I put about 1000 rounds through it that way.

Would a guy do so for a paying customet? Of course not.

Would I sell that rifle? Not on your life! Not even to an enemy.

It was later rechambered to the aforementioned 22-243AI.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Well, with all of my basement finish duties and daughter’s wedding over, I finally got a chance to take it out and shoot today! Loaded up 5-139gr. Lapua Scenars in new Norma brass and 53-55gr of RL26 in .5gr increments with an OAL of 3.100”. Really nothing to write home about. 54gr. and 55gr shot around 3/4” or a touch bigger. Not horrible but of course I was hoping for better. Gonna try again in some Lapua brass and CCI 200 LRPs and play with seating depth. This is a hunting gun and if I had to go out tomorrow I’m sure I’d hit where I aimed, but I want to see the true potential of this barrel. If 3/4” is it, I damn sure will be screwing on a new 26” SS Criterion over the winter!

Thanks for the help guys!

Elk Country

Last edited by elkcountry; 09/12/21.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.