Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Y

Go sit at home and feel sorry for yourself, but know THIS is what a champion looks like!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i could care less about the olympics. however, if you were competing and judges said they arent going to judge you to the same standards as other competitors, are going to change the way they score you becaue they think you are too good. just what would you do? I sure as hell wouldnt keep competing

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Dear people watching the woke commie Olympics, stop it.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
i could care less about the olympics. however, if you were competing and judges said they arent going to judge you to the same standards as other competitors, are going to change the way they score you becaue they think you are too good. just what would you do? I sure as hell wouldnt keep competing

How about give your best and win anyway?

Maybe you go back to the idea that it is a high honor to represent your country in the Olympic Games?

Naw, that would be racist/fascist/imperialist I’m sure.😕

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not sure why everyone on here is pissing in Simone B's Wheaties for pulling out. If I missed something then fill me in but the armchair quarterbacking is getting a little old.

For one, why should anyone care? Its her life her decision.

And two, when was the last time you did a somersault on the lawn let alone a flying back flip off a high bar?

She has been at the top of the world podium multiple times and has nothing more to prove. Looks like she pulled out because she's questioned her mental state, realizing she could F' up big time if her head isn't into it, not only doing damage to team standings but seriously injure herself in the process.
A smart move if you are in the game, but then you're not, so WTF?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

A champion with true mental toughness would take the judges' attitude as a compliment and a challenge, not as a reason to quit.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

A champion with true mental toughness would take the judges' attitude as a compliment and a challenge, not as a reason to quit.

And you are a champion at what?... posting worn out cliché's on hunting forums?..

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It appears within a certain age demographic today, young people, and adults into there early 40’s find it appealing to share their emotions, both mentally and visually, through public displaying of tears or laying bare thoughts they have for the world to see.

Tired of congressman and congresswoman crying during hearings trying to emote compassion or fears. Tired of hearing about a situation that has left someone scarred or incapable of moving forward, when it’s brought up as an explanation or excuse for not being able to perform.

Social media has made pussies outta many people.

#AmericaStrongIsntShowing

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
It appears within a certain age demographic today, young people, and adults into there early 40’s find it appealing to share their emotions, both mentally and visually, through public displaying of tears or laying bare thoughts they have for the world to see.

Tired of congressman and congresswoman crying during hearings trying to emote compassion or fears. Tired of hearing about a situation that has left someone scarred or incapable of moving forward, when it’s brought up as an explanation or excuse for not being able to perform.

🦫

Beav, I agree with you, but haven't really seen where Biles was pulling a Lebron James, just seeing everyone else accusing her of doing it.
What am I missing, I'm outa da loop.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

And you are a champion at what?... posting worn out cliché's on hunting forums?..

1. I'm not a champion of anything now, but it so happens that I have been.
2. This is not a hunting forum, it is the Hunter's Campfire forum.
3. Instead of a personal attack, why don't you refute what I said?

Oh, dear, the guy who responded to my post isn't judging me fairly. Boo hoo, I quit.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Is that what happened? I honestly don't know as I haven't been following. I'm glad the soccer team lost (bunch of woke bastids). I had no idea Simone was woke, she's very good and hoped she'd do well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The strain was just more than she could bear"........................

Poor dear; wonder how she'd handle a real life & death situation.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't judge her

I think she came to the Olympics, realized she wasn't prepared for it and pulled out to save face , help her team and give someone else a chance.

Its got to be crushing to walk away from the Olympics, the pinnacle of your career.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
"The strain was just more than she could bear"........................

Poor dear; wonder how she'd handle a real life & death situation.

MM

Was that attributed to Biles or just an assumption by a msm reporter?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Unless there is a medical issue, she is a quitter to her teammates and to America. Someone else would have gladly competed.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Unless there is a medical issue, she is a quitter to her teammates and to America. Someone else would have gladly competed.

How much money have you donated to the US Olympic team?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Obviously many here fail to comprehend the extent of her experience and expertise. It's not like she'd risk missing a basket, or shoot outside the bullseye, or finish a flash of a second behind. They literally scored her moves lower so others wouldn't be tempted to TRY to duplicate them and [bleep] cripple themselves. She did indeed hand it back to the judges and did so for years. Really. That's the facts.

Ok, she broke down, pulled out and it's turned into something else, some media horsechit. She ain't in a wheelchair. It's all good. Team got silver. If she'd stayed in and fuucked up another routine they'd got zilch. Stop convoluting her story with others. There ain't another like her. Yes, she was that awesome and commanded the sport. For fuucks sake she's 24, ancient for a gymnast, and the last lady on the team that had that perv doctor. Maybe cut some slack damnit.

Any of ya'll world class at anything? Well, guess what she was. So there. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Not sure why everyone on here is pissing in Simone B's Wheaties for pulling out. If I missed something then fill me in but the armchair quarterbacking is getting a little old.

For one, why should anyone care? Its her life her decision.

Wrong! She is not there representing herself. She is there to represent America and her teammates. There is no nation of 'Biles'!

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 07/29/21.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

And they did. You fail to see that.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

This!

Exactly.

There was a day when it was about what you did- your performance. Now, it’s all about your “feelings”.

“Your MAGA hat triggers me”
“I need a safe place free from challenges to my absurd positions”

“I identify as a different gender because I question what to do with what is/isn’t hanging between my legs”.

Look at Naomi Osaka. She decided she just wasn’t mentally tough enough to talk to reporters after her matches. I bet they are a pain, but that’s part of the MILLIONS in prize money and endorsements that make her rich. That’s the deal they ALL sign on to.

Osaka decided it was just too mentally taxing on her. The WTA and the 4 Grand Slam events told her to take a hike. No interviews? No play!

In the current touchy feely crybaby world, there will be no stories like Kerri Struggs. Sprained her ankle, then stuck the landing that brought the team, and the USA gold.

She never once considered telling Bella Karolyi that she didn’t “feel like performing again and that her feelings were more important than her commitment to the team”

Imagine Larry Bird sitting out a Finals vs the Lakers because the regular season was just too mentally exhausting.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,014
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.