Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shake Shack. You guys out west should take note.

We don't have any here, or I wouldn't be visiting. smile

Burn it to the ground, dumbass.

Fuggin liberals.

Lol.

Link to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS July 29, 2021

The founder of Shake Shack, Danny Meyer, said his Union Square Hospitality Group will require indoor diners and drinkers at its restaurants to show that they’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19.

Employees will also have to get the vaccine, Meyer said, although he didn’t say whether they would be fired or be forced to wear masks.

However, the policy will not be extended to Shake Shack, a hamburger fast-food restaurant that has a number of locations in the northeastern United States.

The policy will be implemented at the Union Square Hospitality Group, which oversees Gramercy Tavern, Manhattan, and Union Square Cafe. The group operates Anchovy Social in Washington, as well.

Meyer made the announcement about his restaurant’s vaccine policy on CNBC, saying the vaccine requirement is “the most logical thing I’ve ever seen.”

“I’m not a scientist, but I know how to read data, and what I see is that this is a crisis of people who have not been vaccinated, and I feel strong responsibility, on our part as business leaders, to take care of our team and our guests, and that’s what we’re doing,” said Meyer, who is chairman of Shake Shack’s board.

“We’re going to give our employees 45 days to make the choice and hopefully this will be the incentive that really makes them say, ‘You know what, now I’m going to do it.'”

Regarding Shake Shack’s policy, Meyer told CNBC that the fast-casual burger chain “will make the appropriate decision for them at the appropriate time.”

Epoch Times Photo
Gramercy Tavern in Manhattan, New York. (Google Maps Street View)
Several New York City government officials applauded Meyer’s announcement on July 29.

“BIG: Restauranteur and NYCEDC Chair Danny Meyer just announced a vaccine mandate for staff and customers at his restaurants. A bold move supported and encouraged by [Mayor de Blasio], with the full backing of the NYC government. This is the path forward,” Bill Neidhardt, Mayor Bill de Blasio’s press secretary, wrote on Twitter.

Vaccine passports or similar systems have been routinely criticized by Republican officials as well as civil liberties groups for creating a two-tiered, caste-based society. Vaccinated people would essentially have rights that unvaccinated people don’t have under such a system, critics have argued.

Some Republican-led states have moved to ban vaccine passports in government buildings. Florida passed a bill into law earlier this year that prohibits all businesses from using such a system.

Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reversed its mask policy and recommended that vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks in high-transmission areas, although the agency hasn’t yet published data backing up its claims.

Several large businesses and various federal government agencies followed suit and reimposed masking mandates after the CDC’s announcement. The mayor of Kansas City, Missouri, meanwhile, implemented a citywide masking order a day after the agency’s policy update.

The Epoch Times has contacted Union Square Hospitality Group for additional comment, including how restaurants will verify whether a customer is vaccinated.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's very apparent he does NOT know how to read data.

With restaurant after restaurant struggling - amazing that they make it harder to do business on themselves when there's no need.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reversed its mask policy and recommended that vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks in high-transmission areas, although the agency hasn’t yet published data backing up its claims.

From what I read - the "data" that led to this conclusion was from an Indian study of 100 people who were vaccinated with a vaccine not approved for the US and that study also failed peer review. It's been completely debunked.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Teal
It's very apparent he does NOT know how to read data.

With restaurant after restaurant struggling - amazing that they make it harder to do business on themselves when there's no need.
Sucks to be them, AFAIC..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I hope all businesses that try this go under.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You guys need to stop being so anti-semitic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I have no problem with people of the Jewish faith. My problem is with idiots of any faith.

Me

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Seeing a jew behind every occurrence in the world is a form of paranoid schizophrenia. It's an illness.

Last edited by OldHat; 07/30/21.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Think how much healthier we’ll all be we we go back to eating and canning out of our own gardens again. And lay off the fast food poison. I have no issues butchering my own poultry, beef, and pork. Done it before

Some already do!

Just a passing thought I had.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I have no problem with people of the Jewish faith. My problem is with idiots of any faith.

Exactly. The world is full of evil pagans. Evil is no respecter of persons.

Last edited by OldHat; 07/30/21.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Think how much healthier we’ll all be we we go back to eating and canning out of our own gardens again. And lay off the fast food poison. I have no issues butchering my own poultry, beef, and pork. Done it before

Some already do!

Yes! And support you local community. Buy your beef from local growers. Skip the packers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldHat

Some already do!

Yes! And support you local community. Buy your beef from local growers. Skip the packers.

Or shoot your red meat.

Me

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Some already do!

Or shoot your red meat.

Goes without saying, Mr. Teal! 😊😊😊

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riverc
I hope all businesses that try this go under.

No need to waste "hope" on that outcome, I'm pretty sure that it's inevitable if their employees enforce that "lofty, woke-ass mandate from on high". It's a shame though, some good people will leave/lose their jobs over that crap, one way or another.
Oh wait, nevermind, they'll just join the ranks of those on state and central committee (sorry, wrong term, wrong dictatorship) federal unemployment and public assistance.

Funny how their rules only apply to certain of their public eatery establishments. I guess Shake Shack patrons aren't as important?

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 07/30/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Putting restrictions like that on employees in today’s market is stupid.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

My last role - I worked for a very large, 115+ billion dollar a year company. Pretty famous founders - one ran as a libertarian for president back in the day.

They determined they couldn't force any employee to get the jab. Wasn't something that was right/legal to do.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seeing a jew behind every occurrence in the world is a form of paranoid schizophrenia. It's an illness.

You guys are the ones attacking Danny Meyer, not me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Or brilliant, depending on what the actual desired outcome is...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Some already do!

Or shoot your red meat.

Dat's RACIST!

I'm woke. I shoot my white meat, too....... wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn. Breaks my heart!

None here. Way too fancy for our $$$.

Never ate at one either.

So I can't quit.

But I've been to BK once in several months, Subway maybe twice.

A lot less than normal. There are still a few places that have
kept there mouths shut and just sold me product. They continue
to get our money.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,176
Posts18,503,222
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.