Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Originally Posted by rem141r
when that smile goes away she looks like she would eat your face off.

The story is that when she was little that she was taken away from her mother because her mother preferred to feed the stray cat outside but not her own kids, and her brother is in prison for murder. In all fairness to her I am not sure that she even made this team fairly and if that is true then quitting was the right thing to do

Either that or break free from the victim prison, use her God given and learned skills, see it through to the end, and be happy with however it turns out.

For phucqk's sake.

She fuucked up a routine which cost them the gold.

She then dropped out which allowed the team the best chance to win silver.

The team won silver.

Nobody got crippled.

Team USA won Silver.

The point being Team USA won Silver, not because she quit, but because she finally made a mistake.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bluefish
So you and pole smoker support the quitter?

I don't "support" any of them. But I do believe there are a bunch of bitter old bastards like you on here who like to criticize people who do things they couldn't even dream of.

Yea most of us would not throw a tantrum and quit 2 minutes into the game

You are still an idiot.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But, she's pro-tranny! Yuck.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't follow baseball closely, but often hear of pitchers scratching because they broke a nail or had a blister. Hockey players though will spit out 3 teeth and return to the rink to get even.

1Minute
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1minute
Don't follow baseball closely, but often hear of pitchers scratching because they broke a nail or had a blister. Hockey players though will spit out 3 teeth and return to the rink to get even.

And they really don't risk paralysis every time they go to work.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yeah those guys that play MLB are a bunch of weenies.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I think that’s because they have the athleticism to do it.

Not because standing next to the plate is inherently safe.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Y

Go sit at home and feel sorry for yourself, but know THIS is what a champion looks like!

I remember that and she sent chills through me watching when she rise to the occasion

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't follow baseball closely,

Obviously.

A pitcher needs his hand injury free to throw a ball. A blister or a nail issue on a pitching hand makes throwing 90 + mph difficult.
A hockey players teeth are not needed to play the game.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah those guys that play MLB are a bunch of weenies.

LOL

Perhaps this story is "urban legend" and it's been many years since I read it in a book about famous baseball players, but wasn't the great Ty Cobb, on the way to the stadium, once assaulted by a robber who stuck Cobb with a knife? Cobb pulled a German Luger from under his coat and shot the robber. (It was reported Cobb always carried a pistol.) Then Cobb went to the stadium's dressing room, changed clothes and walked out onto the field and played ball.

Teddy Roosevelt continued giving a speech after he was shot.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I think that’s because they have the athleticism to do it.

Not because standing next to the plate is inherently safe.

I know from experience I can sort of hit a ball, sorta throw a ball, sorta ice skate but no way can I sorta do a back flip twisty wizzbanger flying mayhem.... Amazing what they do. Certainly there's risks and challenges elsewhere, and it's all good. Get back up on the horse and all that. But, the decision to step out was her's alone to make and arguably solid for the team. From some, not all, of the anti- comments, it's plainly obvious some guys have no clue about the facts of the matter regarding the stepout pros/cons.

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’m as embarrassed as everybody that she quit but I also wish the story would be more adequately covered.

She has been on Ritalin her entire life and the laws governing its use in Japan are much different than ours.

I believe this year’s Olympics have changed some of the rules relating to it as well. Same for adderall.

Ritalin is a central nervous system stimulant, if she took this in the last Olympics she should be stripped of all her medals. So if you are correct then Biles is just a drug addict who lost her pusher

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Valid reasons for quitting: Physical injury, age-related deterioration of skills (recognizing it's retirement time; should have happened before reaching Tokyo though), yips (mental block that's going to endanger the athlete or adversely affect team effort).

Invalid reasons for quitting: Judges aren't treating me fairly, just not in the right mental space, to much pressure being put on me.

There may be other reasons I haven't thought of in both categories. I haven't followed the story, I'm not watching the Olympics or any other sport these days, so not sure what her actual reason was. Early in this thread it was at least implied that the judges treatment of her was the reason for her quitting.

She apparently has been a great one, too bad her legacy is being tarnished by this. Shouldn't take away from her previous accomplishments.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Valid reasons for quitting: Physical injury, age-related deterioration of skills (recognizing it's retirement time; should have happened before reaching Tokyo though), yips (mental block that's going to endanger the athlete or adversely affect team effort).

Invalid reasons for quitting: Judges aren't treating me fairly, just not in the right mental space, to much pressure being put on me.

There may be other reasons I haven't thought of in both categories. I haven't followed the story, I'm not watching the Olympics or any other sport these days, so not sure what her actual reason was. Early in this thread it was at least implied that the judges treatment of her was the reason for her quitting.

She apparently has been a great one, too bad her legacy is being tarnished by this. Shouldn't take away from her previous accomplishments.

She quit because she bounced entirely off the matt in the floor exercise then got a no score in the vault because she failed so badly. For all that I can see she has no business being at the olympics in the first place and is likely there only because she is the great hope of the left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quitter. If everyone quit because they could not win then no one would compete.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

She quit because she bounced entirely off the matt in the floor exercise then got a no score in the vault because she failed so badly. For all that I can see she has no business being at the olympics in the first place and is likely there only because she is the great hope of the left.

First part yes. Second part confirms you are ignorant of the situation and still an idiot.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In June 2021. Idiot.

Biles wins seventh national all-around championship, most in U.S. women's gymnastics history

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
I don't judge her

I think she came to the Olympics, realized she wasn't prepared for it and pulled out to save face , help her team and give someone else a chance.

Its got to be crushing to walk away from the Olympics, the pinnacle of your career.

Yep

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

First part yes. Second part confirms you are ignorant of the situation and still an idiot.

Well if Japan is not letting her use methylphenidate because it is a central nervous system stimulant that would give the user an unfair advantage, then THANK YOU JAPAN. LOL can a runner with low testosterone get testosterone prescribed inside the rules? Probably not stimulants are no exception and Biles just showed everyone what she can do without drugs. Nothing.

PS. Simone Biles is not the greatest gymnast of all time, and never will be and you can not change this and neither can she.

Last edited by Dustyone; 07/30/21.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And the Olympic Trials, end of June 2021.

Biles (118.098) and Lee (115.832) claimed automatic berths as the top-two all-around finishers after two days of competition.

Idiot.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, Akhutr, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.