Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Ran into Walmart today for pool filters and went to check the ammo case( empty of course) but saw about 5-7 wets drooling over the rifle and shotgun cases and I started thinking about how all of this is gonna go down with them and the forms..Will they just request a form in Spanish and if so what about the background check? Since it’s looking like the POS in the White House is giving them amnesty, is it considered a clean new slate for these scumbags? Red flags from the toilet motherland? How’s this going to go down?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Same way it allways goes down the blacks and wets get the guns they can't legally own do the crime, then honkey dems scream for more gun control against honest citizens. Every g*ddammed time wtf you think will happen?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
One time at The Sportsmans Warehouse I saw a spic having someone who spoke english fill out the form.He was not an American citizen.It says right on the form it must be filled out by the purchaser.I showed that to the counter guy.He sold the gun to him anyway.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I just did one. last question alien resident and if so, legal. I had to have a drivers license with right address. SS number is optional, i use mine. Colorado is taking 5 to 10 minutes right now. Pawn shop went over it with a fine tooth comb, had a second clerk reread it all. Then checked the SN and description a 3rd time. OK by me. They know me as a frequent looker, and haggler

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Illegals can’t buy a gun. Legally.

They’ll sure as Hell break into your house or truck and steal one though.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Ran into Walmart today for pool filters and went to check the ammo case( empty of course) but saw about 5-7 wets drooling over the rifle and shotgun cases and I started thinking about how all of this is gonna go down with them and the forms..Will they just request a form in Spanish and if so what about the background check? Since it’s looking like the POS in the White House is giving them amnesty, is it considered a clean new slate for these scumbags? Red flags from the toilet motherland? How’s this going to go down?

I did search for from 4473 from 2021. It requires U.S. issued alien or admission number. It is not clear if one has to be resident alien or not, but illegal alien will not be able to legally buy firearm in USA. I do not see anything on the form preventing help with filling it out as long as the actual buyer signs completed form. I hope this help you.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
If they are allowed to enter the country illegally, I would expect they will be allowed to buy guns illegally. Same logic applies.
I didn’t say I agreed, just sayin that’s the way the country is going.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
If they are allowed to enter the country illegally, I would expect they will be allowed to buy guns illegally. Same logic applies.
I didn’t say I agreed, just sayin that’s the way the country is going.

Do not worry, soon all firearm transactions will have to use form 4473 with background check. The box for private sale is provided on newest version of the form. Selling w/o taking these steps will become violation of federal law.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I wouldn't get in a lather about it. The 4473 as a crime prevention tool is less than useless. You answer the questions on the honor system. There is no enforcement until after the gun has been acquired and the crime has been committed.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I wouldn't get in a lather about it. The 4473 as a crime prevention tool is less than useless. You answer the questions on the honor system. There is no enforcement until after the gun has been acquired and the crime has been committed.

In Democratic system politicians take steps that will make people vote for them in next election. In oder to do that they have to be seen as doing something even though steps they take solve nothing. I read on THR or Glocktalk where American said his city police department stated that several hundred guns have been stolen from vehicles in large city over certain period of time. All they can do is make public aware so gun owners can take voluntary steps to prevent such thefts in the future. These are the guns which will be used to commit violent crimes.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
NH K9, It's been donkeys years since I had an FFL. Does some agency review and verify the answers on the 4473 (besides the dealer) prior to completing the transaction?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by flintlocke
NH K9, It's been donkeys years since I had an FFL. Does some agency review and verify the answers on the 4473 (besides the dealer) prior to completing the transaction?

That reply sounded more argumentative then it was meant.
all I can speak to is 'here', and the answer is 'yes'.

For now it's the State Police, but it appears that's likely to shift to the SOs for budgetary reasons (that's still pending).

Last edited by NH K9; 07/31/21.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Shouldn`t have to be subjected to a BC to exercise a right anyway. Buying a gun should be no different than buying a gallon of milk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huntz
One time at The Sportsmans Warehouse I saw a spic having someone who spoke english fill out the form.He was not an American citizen.It says right on the form it must be filled out by the purchaser.I showed that to the counter guy.He sold the gun to him anyway.

No different than the blecks I see buying guns and ammo smelling like a crippy bonfire.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As a resident alien he can buy. If he has a valid hunting license and is a nonresident alien he can. 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2)

Last edited by Armednfree; 08/01/21.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Boys, we have come a long way from the original intent of the 4473. As originally passed by congress, the buyer filled out the 4473, immediately and on site the FFL holder reviewed the answers, if the answers were correct and the serial of the gun was correct the deal was done. The buyer walked with his new gun. Right then. The dealer then filed the 4473 in his PRIVATE files for an unstated period of time, in case ATF or another verified law enforcement agency needed to look at it. He also entered the details of the transaction in his required "bound book" which was also to be made available if a valid LE needed to see it. The intent of that system was to make records available to LE in the event of a crime, while protecting the privacy of legal buyers. Nobody but the FFL holder and the buyer had access to who owned what. 4473's were destroyed when the dealer went out of business, the record in the "bound book" was sent to a records storage facility in Virginia?, not to be recorded or microfilmed etc. Through incrementalism, states, counties, and cities have piggybacked onto access to 4473's and used them for background checks by God knows who. But, it is another freedom, we, with the help of the moderate NRA gave away. As it turns out years too late, old Neal Knox was not a crazy firebrand, but a man who knew that giving an inch would encourage them to take a mile.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
For the younger boomer haters...Neal Knox was the original schidt disturber, trying for years to get the NRA to toe the hard line. He was beat time and again in the board elections by the 'appeasement' crowd who thought the better path was to give the politicians a little slack, who needs AR's anyway they asked. And here we are. We need permission from any bureaucrat to buy a firearm from the city level to the captol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the same form Joe’s crackhead son filled out to purchase a handgun. If there is any question I want the law applied to me like it is to him. What’s the chance of that happening ? Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Isn’t entering the country illegally a felony?

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Isn’t entering the country illegally a felony?

No.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,944
Posts18,498,934
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.