Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Surprised that no-one has any comment on what the inventor of mRNA technology has to say. Spoiler alert: It's not what Fauci/gov. is saying.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Saw this video yesterday and just popped in to post it and didn't realize there was another thread. Sorry about that, but still a good watch for those who haven't seen it.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Saw this video yesterday and just popped in to post it and didn't realize there was another thread. Sorry about that, but still a good watch for those who haven't seen it.

It bears repeating, trapper.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it would seem African Americans share a similar distrust of the government as do Trump Republicans

here’s been a lot of hand-wringing about partisan vaccine resistance — according to a recent Economist/YouGov poll, 29 percent of Republicans say they won’t get vaccinated, compared to 4 percent of Democrats — but that doesn’t tell the whole story. In mid-June, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, when parents of children ages 12 and older (the youngest group authorized for vaccination) were asked by Kaiser Family if they would get their children vaccinated, 18 percent said they would wait and see, 10 percent said they would if required and 25 percent said “definitely not.” As FiveThirtyEight’s Geoffrey Skelley explains, “Unvaccinated Americans tend to be younger” and “more likely to be a person of color. The situation we’re in is not just because of politics but also because of access to the vaccine and broader skepticism of the health care system.”

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

I appreciate the post. Yesterday I had started listening to the episode you linked and got interrupted. Your post reminded me to finish it.

Malone sounds like a voice of reason in all this "Follow the science" madness. And, a good point was made that what is being practiced isn't science, but scientism. That's a thought provoking point.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
it would seem African Americans share a similar distrust of the government as do Trump Republicans

here’s been a lot of hand-wringing about partisan vaccine resistance — according to a recent Economist/YouGov poll, 29 percent of Republicans say they won’t get vaccinated, compared to 4 percent of Democrats — but that doesn’t tell the whole story. In mid-June, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, when parents of children ages 12 and older (the youngest group authorized for vaccination) were asked by Kaiser Family if they would get their children vaccinated, 18 percent said they would wait and see, 10 percent said they would if required and 25 percent said “definitely not.” As FiveThirtyEight’s Geoffrey Skelley explains, “Unvaccinated Americans tend to be younger” and “more likely to be a person of color. The situation we’re in is not just because of politics but also because of access to the vaccine and broader skepticism of the health care system.”

That same age and racial demograph distrusted the Nat’l Hurricane Center, NOAA, The Storm Prediction Center, FEMA, The National Guard.

Nahhh, just kidding
They were just dumbfouck groids too busy shining their wheels with Mothers and barbecuing ribs to pay attention.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is a good video. Dr. Malone explains the situation very well. It's a nuanced discussion of Covid, vaccines and public policy.

For me the key point is the first one Malone makes. If everyone is vaccinated, it puts a lot of selective pressure on the virus to evolve resistance to the vaccine. The vaccines we have are "leaky", meaning that the resistance conferred is only partial. In order to survive, the virus must be be able to resist the vaccine, so vaccine resistant variants are naturally selected and therefore are likely to evolve. This is just basic evolutionary theory. By vaccinating everyone we are creating selective pressure for mutant virus strains that resist the vaccine.

Malone argues that only those who are at high risk (the elderly, those with significant comorbidities) should be encouraged to get the vaccine. The rest should receive early treatment with therapeutics including ivermectin etc.

This video is well worth watching. I think it's the best overall discussion of vaccines and Covid strategy that I've see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You know how many people died of COVID19 in China??

ZERO

Covid19 does not exist.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 08/02/21.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,867
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.