Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The medical field recognized widely, over a year ago, that a certain portion of the American populace had increased resistance to the Sars-CoV2 pathogen. Those who served in the U.S. Military from 1956-1996 were less likely to be affected by the virus, and if they were affected the impact was lessened and rarely serious enough to require hospitalization.

It wasn't complete protection, but even many who had multiple types and severe comorbidity survived infection. Long term smokers, diabetics, The morbidly obese, and many of those with severe cardiac complications and histories survived. Even at advanced age the protection seemed to be real.

And what exactly was it that offered this protection? All military members who served during those years received an unattenuated Adenovirus Type 4 and Type 7 vaccine in one form or another. During the late 70s when I served it came in the form of 2 pills.
In 1994 the manufacurer of the vaccine pills closed their doors and the supply was used up by 1996.

Because it was an unattenuated virus vaccine, it wasn't considered safe for the general populace and was only given to military members from ages 17-50, and deemed healthy.

Big Question?

For those who are leery of an mRNA vaccine, What would your concerns be over the Janssen/J&J vaccine?

As I understand it,the Janssen vax is an attenuated ( and thus safe for a larger demographic) adenovirus vaccine with the infection enhancing spike protein, seen in Sars-CoV2, spliced in so that the bodies immune system recognizes the virus that employs said spike protein and enhances immunity to it. There is no mRNA technology used in the vaccine, and it is similar to a vaccine that has been used, in unattenuated form for decades.

I'm onboard with the concept of vaccination, and seeking information on a covid19 vax for myself. I get the hesitation over the mRNA vaccines, and really don't wanna go there.

Given that all vaccines carry some risk, does anyone have a reason to believe the J&J shot is more hazardous than those given for Polio, Small Pox, or MMR?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
John is this from a link that you’ve posted and if so what’s the source?

Thanks

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Would be nice to know all the crap I took had some benefits. I did have the typhoid shot from hell in 1986 that ended anymore for me. Caught malaria despite being on mefloquine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve been pondering the same about the JJ vaccine. There have been reports of blood clots but it’s very rare

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Thanks

The basic adenovirus info is easily googled.

The part about the medical field recognizing it's effect on C19 came from a group of texts, dating from a year ago, between a loose group of 4 buddies and myself who served at the same time. 4 of the 5 (including myself) were questioned about their military service and vaccinations by their current doctors. 3 of the 5 were told that it appeared the adenovirus vaccine offered some protection against C19.

The 3 who were told that the adenovirus vax seemed to offer protection were also told that certain Covid19 vaccine research was using an adenovirus as a basis.

Today, it is a fact that the J&J vax, as well as the vax the chinese military is using are based on a from of adenovirus. Based on this it seems that what these guys were told by their doctors holds water...

Edit; The 5 guys involved are not from one locale. 2 in Florida, 1 in Texas, 1 in Virginia, and myself in Illinois.

Last edited by johnw; 08/01/21.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supposedly Rubella vax helps too since I read it has a 29% genetic match

johnw Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, the one guy in the group who was not questioned, is a military retiree living in Virginia. His Drs are VA Docs and well aware of his health record.

Long term smoker, diabetic, and obese, with cardiac complications. Survived C19 without any severe consequences.And he's the oldest of our group by several years. Currently 73 or 74 y.o. IIRC

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So if 60% of the population has t-cell immunity, its hard to determine who has “increased resistance” but its nice to hear something raises us above 60%.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/01/21.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/01/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Thanks

The basic adenovirus info is easily googled.

The part about the medical field recognizing it's effect on C19 came from a group of texts, dating from a year ago, between a loose group of 4 buddies and myself who served at the same time. 4 of the 5 (including myself) were questioned about their military service and vaccinations by their current doctors. 3 of the 5 were told that it appeared the adenovirus vaccine offered some protection against C19.

The 3 who were told that the adenovirus vax seemed to offer protection were also told that certain Covid19 vaccine research was using an adenovirus as a basis.

Today, it is a fact that the J&J vax, as well as the vax the chinese military is using are based on a from of adenovirus. Based on this it seems that what these guys were told by their doctors holds water...

Edit; The 5 guys involved are not from one locale. 2 in Florida, 1 in Texas, 1 in Virginia, and myself in Illinois.

John, the reason I asked was that I was looking for parallels having supposedly had the covid by testing positive for almost a month before showing as negative and with zero symptoms for that duration.

I, too, have been vaxed many times from the 60s and throughout my International work career.

I have no known co-morbidities at this time.

What you posted is interesting.
Thanks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.

You mean a shot in the asscheeks ?
Probably “GG”

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds promising and something of interest. But who needs a vaccine for a flu that less than 1% of the population dies from? Hardly anyone dies from the China flu anymore and yes I think the vaccine helps older people survive.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/01/21.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

You mean a shot in the asscheeks ?
Probably “GG”

Thats what I always thought too! They wouldn’t tell us schidt.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regular customers warm the vials in their hands first, rub their ass cheeks second, do jumping squats to disperse the crap, then press on

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm starting to think that even between the old, infirmed, and medically fragile that this Covid 19 is a crap shoot at best....

My mother in law who was 85 at the time had Leukemia for the second time for several years and was on treatment. She also had end stage kidney disease, diabetes, asthma, and several other ailments. In January, she, her daughter, son, grandson and grand daughter all came down with Covid- presumably picked up by the daughter who works in a lab as a phlebotomist giving kidney dialysis. It was a tough go for a couple weeks, but they all survived it. However, my mother in law decided she was tired of being treated for all kinds of ailments for so long she felt like crp all the time so she stopped all her treatments and passed away June 15 of Leukemia and complications of kidney disease....

I'm pretty much convinced that with the stats that are readily available that you have to have some sort of inherent genetic or bodily weakness or be old and have life threatening health issues to be at risk with this disease... considering that I believe 98% of the people who have died are over 80 and have underlying conditions I don't think this disease- or the vaccine - are of much risk for most of us....

I also served in the early 70's and can't remember every shot we were subjected to at the time, but I'm pretty sure they had us pretty well covered at the time for anywhere we were likely to go at the time- in our case Southeast Asia... My brother was in Vietnam in 65-66 and had all his vaccinations and pills, but still came down with a severe case of Malaria and almost died from it....

My take on all this is when it is your time it is your time and it doesn't matter much how it happens IMO... I'm ready any time the Good Lord decides he needs me somewhere else...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For whoever catches covid 19 it is still 99.98% survival. You hardly need a vaccine for that. More people die in car accidents.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just a thought, and not trying to sway anyone from their beliefs, opinions, etc.

The rates that are published show survival of people untreated. The doctors and hospitals send/have sent people home to fight the infection off on their own. No meds at all.

There are treatments that work.

I can't see taking any experimental "vaccine" for any disease that has actual treatments proven to work, but that's my choice.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a 50 year old friend who died today from it and his wife is on 100% O2, three kids 17 year old twins and a 12 year old. She is a school teacher and had the vax, he did not.

Sucks to be part of the small percent that does not survive it.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.