Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by blanket
Not many from Iowa Basin at West point is a son of a friend of mine. Scum lord to [bleep] on soon

Am I the only one that has ZERO idea what is being said here?

Just some inarticulate phucwad trying to attack slum.

Last edited by thaxted; 08/03/21.

радянське лайно, іди ебать свою матір

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah! It was named Fort Chaffee Arkansas!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not I, but my Father was USAFA class of 1966.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There were a few times where my dad wished he could send me off to a military school.

He just didn't know what else to do with me.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did not.

Oddly enough - none of the officers I served with did either. The only one that sorta fits the bill was a former Marine mortar guy who went to VMI and was commissioned. Capt when we were together tho he picked up Major shortly after we went our own ways. Good guy. SMART. I mean that.

Me

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i graduated from USNA in '42 and served in the south pacific in PT boats with a bunch of looney guys. i was a spit and polish, by the book Ensign, unlike those other guys. the skipper was a hoot. the captain was a dick though. always ruining our fun. good times, good times.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
i graduated from USNA in '42 and served in the south pacific in PT boats with a bunch of looney guys. i was a spit and polish, by the book Ensign, unlike those other guys. the skipper was a hoot. the captain was a dick though. always ruining our fun. good times, good times.

💪

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

rem141r,
That makes you nearly 100yo? Hats off to you, sir. I listened to Dan Carlin’s recent podcast series on the war in the South Pacific. Beyond brutal. Thank you for enduring those hell holes.

Fear the crabcat.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

rem141r,
That makes you nearly 100yo? Hats off to you, sir. I listened to Dan Carlin’s recent podcast series on the war in the South Pacific. Beyond brutal. Thank you for enduring those hell holes.

i'll 103 next month. only saw one jap and he was a friendly. he was a good cook too. just ask captain binghampton

My diploma is a DD214
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Like Bucktail, I also received a Congressional nomination. Mine was to enter the Naval Academy in 1976, after attending a year of N.A.P.S. (Naval Academy Prep School) to bring my math scores up. The thought of an extra year was too much and the fact that my eyesight disqualified me for consideration of flight school, I turned down the opportunity. I guess it became a case of "coulda, woulda, shoulda" for me, but I'm happy with my decision and have had a great life.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My son in law is a West Pointer. Great guy
I was recruited for USMA but, at 17 post Vietnam and a brother in Angers, I wanted nothing to do with the military. A year later I quit college and enlisted

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not me but one son, a DIL and a SIL are all USAFA grads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tip up.
Only reel when he stops!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My father in law graduated from West Point. Went to Vietnam , was commander of a tank battalion. Combat wounded Purple Heart recipient. Spoke fluent Russian and taught the Russian language at West Point. Later promoted to base commander at Garmisch Germany. His country used him as a spy then sadly abandoned him. Killed himself in ‘95. RIP and God bless you Colonel Richard Kosevich.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
AOCS Baby. Class 04-90. back when there was such a thing.

Last edited by strikeu; 08/04/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind

rem141r,

i'll 103 next month. only saw one jap and he was a friendly. he was a good cook too. just ask captain binghampton

Here's a snappy salute to you, Sir. An early Happy Birthday as well. smile

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
My father in law graduated from West Point. Went to Vietnam , was commander of a tank battalion. Combat wounded Purple Heart recipient. Spoke fluent Russian and taught the Russian language at West Point. Later promoted to base commander at Garmisch Germany. His country used him as a spy then sadly abandoned him. Killed himself in ‘95. RIP and God bless you Colonel Richard Kosevich.

When was he in Garmisch? I was there in 89

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Wow.

RIP Col Kosevich.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
USNA 90

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I was stationed at West Point during the Fall and Winter of 1968. There were more officers there of the rank of Major and above than enlisted men and a fellow could wear his arm off saluting all the time. The cadets also actually outranked us. I did get to perform with the Army band while stationed there. I was an assistant .loader on the 105mm howitzer during the rendition of the 1812 overture.

I actually enlisted in the Army to attend OCS but while I was in basic training in 1967 the CO called all of us officer candidates into his office and explained that the Army had changed the rules and you now had to have a college degree or have one year of active duty in the service to qualify for OCS. I did not have a degree yet and after I had been for a year I had no desire to become an officer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 7 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.