Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Tough is putting up with leftist insanity.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
He played himself.

That really is hilarious and crystalizes you John Wayne fans quite well.

Enjoy watching some more TV!

Who did Burt Lancaster play?

What about Charlton Hesston?

Pretty obvious really.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Unfortunately, punctuation doesn't count.

From now on I'm officially boycotting any of your thread that have spelling or grammatical errors in the title.

Need a comma after "on"?

Thread should be threads?

Just asking.

I had one there, but took it out. Either way, this is about Wabi's inane threads, not Kingston's punctuation.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by greydog
I know one guy who, when he was caught by the wrist while working on his swather, spent one night and all the next day caught there; then he amputated his own hand, walked to the house, and called 911. He's tough.
My father-in-law flipped his three wheeled Honda while cruising a timber sale in central Idaho. Broke his leg in three places. He got back on the machine, with his leg propped up on a stick, and rode the two miles back to the landing where he had left his pick-up. Unable to reach anyone on the radio, he drove himself to town. He was tough.
A friend shot a cougar after following it for about eight miles with his bluetick hound. While he was chasing the cat, the temperature started dropping as an arctic front moved in. He was wearing a flannel shirt and blue jeans. As he was carrying the cougar out it kept getting colder until the dog wouldn't go any more and just kept digging into the snow. Bill helped the dog dig a good hole into the snowbank and he, the dog, and the dead cougar spent the night together in that hole. In the morning, the wind had quit and it was clear and 31 below zero. He said he didn't know who was stiffer; him or the cat! He walked out that morning, with the 180 pound cat on his shoulder. He's tough.
My wife has been dealing with my crap for over 51 years. She's tough! GD

If he only had had a Jitterbug phone.

I know, “lissen here mister, my cell phone is FOR ME to MAKE calls. I keep it turned off and in my glove compartment on my 75 Scottsdale Camper Special, for when I NEED IT, not for a bunch of them tellymarket yayhoos. I won’t be attached to no durn legtronic dog collar like the rest the fools”

Then you know none of those events occurred prior to cellphones? Or in an area with no cellphone coverage?

He didn’t say.

But this was yet again a chance for me mock SaddleFred Jack and Caribou Jones who say such things.
Blankety blab blab blab dern cell phones.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

From now on I'm officially boycotting any of your thread that have spelling or grammatical errors in the title.

Need a comma after "on"?

Thread should be threads?

Just asking.

I had one there, but took it out. Either way, this is about Wabi's inane threads, not Kingston's punctuation.

Well...Slum provided the correct answer a while back anyway.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My great grandfather cut his pinky finger off, because it was in the way. (With a razor blade!)

Last edited by Whelenman; 08/09/21.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Let’s get back on track

Timmy

That kid was always falling into a well or stepping into a bear trap, etc

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
Tough is putting up with leftist insanity.

I'm not sure "putting up" with anything but your family is an indication of toughness.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Let’s get back on track

Timmy

That kid was always falling into a well or stepping into a bear trap, etc

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lassie, pushing transgender way before transgender was kool....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by joken2

Height-waiver Green Beret: Captain James Flaherty was a Special Forces legend

Richard James Flaherty was born on November 28, 1945.

Unbeknownst to his parents, Richard and his mother, Beatrice Rose, shared incompatible blood types (Richard, Rh-Positive; Beatrice, Rh-Negative). This is a dangerous condition that can lead to serious complications for the fetus or even death. Thus, when Richard was born, he was different.

The incompatibilities in the blood caused hormonal imbalances and stunted his growth. When he reached adolescence, Flaherty was small compared to his peers. Flaherty would be considered a dwarf in medical terms, meaning that his height was less than 4’ 10.’’

Short in size he might have been, but short in courage he wasn’t. When the Vietnam War heated up, Flaherty volunteered for the Army. However, he was initially turned down because of his size. It was only after a determined effort, which included the involvement of his local Congressman, that he managed to acquire a waiver.

In 1967, Flaherty attended Army Officer Candidate School (OCS) and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the infantry and assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. He deployed with the Screaming Eagles to Vietnam and served as a platoon and recon platoon leader.

During that 13-month tour to Vietnam, Flaherty received the Silver Star and two Bronze Stars for valor, respectively, the third and second highest award for bravery under fire, and was wounded three times.

His Silver Star citation offers a brief glimpse to Flaherty, the man. The action took place on April 20, 1968, when Flaherty’s platoon was ambushed and came under withering enemy fire.

“Throughout the battle, he repeatedly exposed himself to the hostile fire in order to better direct the suppressive fire of his squads. Lieutenant Flaherty immediately called a 90 Millimeter recoilless rifle team to his position after having spotted an enemy bunker position to his front, which was delivering automatic weapons fire on his platoon. Lieutenant Flaherty then personally directed and assisted the 90 Millimeter recoilless rifle team in an assault of the enemy bunker, braving up the intense hail of hostile fire. Under Lieutenant Flaherty’s astute direction and leadership, the enemy bunker was swiftly destroyed, enabling his platoon to advance and continue its devastating attack against the enemy.”

After his tour of duty was over, he applied for Special Forces training. But it wasn’t easy. To even attempt Special Forces training, Flaherty had to gain six pounds and get another height waiver.

After successfully graduating the Special Forces Qualification Course (SFQC), also known as Q course, Flaherty was assigned to 3rd Special Forces Group. He went back to Southeast Asia with the 46th Special Forces Company as a Special Forces Operational Detachment A (SFODA) commander. His ODA was tasked with training the Royal Thai Army in counterinsurgency operations and prepare them for a deployment to Vietnam.

ODA’s are the tactical arm of the Special Forces Regiment. Comprised of 12 Special Forces soldiers, an ODA can operate independently behind enemy lines for long periods of time without supervision.

In 1970, Flaherty was reassigned to the 10th Special Forces Group, where he commanded another ODA and then an Operational Detachment Bravo (ODB), a headquarters element. The following year, 1971, he was discharged from active duty and transferred to the Army Reserves, where he served until 1983.

Flaherty was unfazed by the criticism he continued to receive throughout his life.

In a contemporary interview, he had said that “I’ve taken a lot of kidding about my size. I just tell them I’m 35 pounds of muscle, 14 pounds of dynamite and one pound of uranium-238, and it gets a lot of laughs.”

Flaherty was killed during a hit and run attack on May 9, 2015, in Miami. He had spent his last years alive homeless. In his death, however, he found his home next to the woman he had loved, Lisa Anness Davis.

Former police officer David Yuzuk has written a superb book on Flaherty and his amazing life. You can check it out here.

[Linked Image from sandboxx.us]

[Linked Image from sandboxx.us]

I've heard of this guy. All I can say is WOW!

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Indeed, WOW!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
It is the size of the heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Toughness told me he uses a tape measure most of the time.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A person can be physically tough but not as mentally tough and vice versa. Tough is a measurement of the ability to resist or overcome.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#resiliency

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
My great grandfather cut his pinky finger off, because it was in the way. (With a razor blade!)

Good thing he didn't have a boys bike growing up or you'd a had two Great Grandmas!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It comes down to determination and just how bad you want something. My two kids are a great example. One operates off sheer talent and ability. The other off determination and resolve. One is MUCH tougher than the other.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My dad broke his ankle and walked on it for over 9 month because he could not afford any more medical bill and needed to keep working to feed all of us.
He was a Paint Contractor and carried those 5 gallon buckets full of paint with that broken ankle.
He never let anyone know not a whimper in front of any of us kids

In my opinion that is being Tough.

Last edited by funshooter; 08/10/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Many folks fighting cancer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Being tough is like being honest.

It doesn't always pay well in the beginning.

Does this mean that it pays well in the end?

Is this a God thing?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (1badf350, 1234, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 37 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,045
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.