Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The world is full of people who carry handguns for a living telling people who shoot handguns for a living why carrying a handgun qualifies them to speak on shooting a handgun.

It does not.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Windfall
Since you need to thumb the hammer back either way, wouldn't hammer down with a round in the chamber be safer than half cock? Cocked and locked just looks like an accidental discharge accident waiting for a place to happen. Probably the reason that I tend to carry a double action semi-auto or revolver.

you're really too dumb to own a firearm

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Windfall
Since you need to thumb the hammer back either way, wouldn't hammer down with a round in the chamber be safer than half cock? Cocked and locked just looks like an accidental discharge accident waiting for a place to happen. Probably the reason that I tend to carry a double action semi-auto or revolver.

you're really too dumb to own a firearm
I'm still waiting for him to answer why his son had a bunch of money in his room and how the criminals knew about it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think the story about his son started out as bull cookies and has just grown from that.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.

Every day’s an adventure.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

You are full of more BS than fruit cake. He just pointed out the obvious.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

You come across as a genuine price

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Exchipy a gunfighting scholar such as yourself would be well served by researching Mac Sage's background and experience via his posting history. Your CV reveals an old remf and attorney whose background is neither current or relative to this discussion.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Chippy,

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

Chippy.

I am not the one who came onto the forum purporting to be some sort of subject matter expert on 1911s, stating that it was a "personal responsibility" to educate the masses, being phenomenally self righteous in your manner.

Then you got indignant when forum members did not take kindly to being talked to in a condescending manner.

I am also not the one who went on to bad mouth an extremely experienced member of the NYPD Stakeout Squad. Bad mouthing Mr. Allard was in exceedingly poor taste, and shows the content of your character. In fact it says more about you wanting to be someone important, than it does anything negative about Mr. Allard. The fact that he has passed is also another nail in your own coffin in terms of losing credibility. Mr. Allard will forever be in the history books due to his accomplishments during his professional career. He did not need to fluff anything up.

I am the gatekeeper of me, myself, I and nobody else. The fact that you deflect and sharp shoot in order to redirect the focus away from you and your poor conduct as well as your lack of creds on the subject matter is again, quite telling.

Funny thing is that speaking of DOS (Department of State), you don't even have the minimal qualifications to even APPLY for an armorer job. Let alone teach on the subject matter. crazy

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Having class and teaching a class aint the same thing LOL

Sure some may have both.

Most don't have either.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
In reference to the choice of the MC holster. Wearing a horizontally oriented shoulder holster containing a loaded firearm causes you point a loaded firearm at anyone to your rear and in most circumstances causes you to muzzle/sweep your self while drawing. Neither of these things receive a lot of attention in the gunworld but have caused many LE agencies and prominent training venues to discontinue their use. I did have one for my Commander but couldn't get past the above issues once I became aware of the potential problems.

Of course you could carry your 1911 w/ an empty chamber and master the "Israeli Draw"

SNORK!!!!

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Exchipy a gunfighting scholar such as yourself would be well served by researching Mac Sage's background and experience via his posting history. Your CV reveals an old remf and attorney whose background is neither current or relative to this discussion.

mike r

It's ok Mike.

Though I appreciate the kudos Friend.

My background isn't really relevant to this dumpster fire. You can have the best, worst or a middle of the road CV. What I have observed that matters more is your ability to impart information to adult learners in a way that they absorb the information and retain it. Doing so in a manner that has them wanting to learn more and pass on what they learn is even better. As you probably know, before you can instruct on anything (on the .mil/.gov side), from M24s to M9s or even cultural awareness, require prerequisite training in ALT, Adult Learning Theory. In other words, how to teach adults.

Chippy would do well to check his ego at the door and learn how to teach, if he actually wants people to hear his message.

The question is, is he in this for attention seeking reasons, because he wants to be recognized as someone important. Or is he actually interested in teaching about a particular topic. I have my own thoughts on the subject, based on his conduct.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I dont mind continual reminders at all, safety can never be thought about enough, just last November in Tanzania, i had Wife, camera guy and two game scouts behind me, PH and two trackers in front, every second thought for 14 straight days and over a hundred miles of walking was MUZZLE!.......didn't bother me a bit, in fact, over the last couple years had one old guy ask me if i knew the hammer was back on my pistol, another asked me why the hammer was cocked and in my holster, maybe these two older guys were between WW-II and Korean war Veterans, who knows, it also didn't bother me to tell each how a 1911 is supposed to be safely carried with a round in the chamber.

I didn't/don't give a flying fu-k if they liked my delivery on the matter, but now they know, i'm sure they weren't over analyzers leaking estrogen on the subject, they just didn't know.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

mike r

It's ok Mike.

My background isn't really relevant to this dumpster fire. You can have the best, worst or a middle of the road CV. What I have observed that matters more is your ability to impart information to adult learners in a way that they absorb the information and retain it. Doing so in a manner that has them wanting to learn more and pass on what they learn is even better. As you probably know, before you can instruct on anything (on the .mil/.gov side), from M24s to M9s or even cultural awareness, require prerequisite training in ALT, Adult Learning Theory. In other words, how to teach adults.

Chippy would do well to check his ego at the door and learn how to teach, if he actually wants people to hear his message.

The question is, is he in this for attention seeking reasons, because he wants to be recognized as someone important. Or is he actually interested in teaching about a particular topic. I have my own thoughts on the subject, based on his conduct.

grin

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm no subject matter expert like Chippy, but i'd say muzzle discipline is infinitely more important than carry condition. As in his "examples", if the subjects had practiced muzzle discipline they'd not be perforated. Wild how muzzle discipline applies to holstered weapons too, aint it.

That said, nothing really fires without the firing mechanism being manipulated. So theres another lack of awareness at work

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Last edited by hookeye; 08/11/21.
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475
Chippy,

Food for thought.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunner500
I dont mind continual reminders at all, safety can never be thought about enough, just last November in Tanzania, i had Wife, camera guy and two game scouts behind me, PH and two trackers in front, every second thought for 14 straight days and over a hundred miles of walking was MUZZLE!.......didn't bother me a bit, in fact, over the last couple years had one old guy ask me if i knew the hammer was back on my pistol, another asked me why the hammer was cocked and in my holster, maybe these two older guys were between WW-II and Korean war Veterans, who knows, it also didn't bother me to tell each how a 1911 is supposed to be safely carried with a round in the chamber.

I didn't/don't give a flying fu-k if they liked my delivery on the matter, but now they know, i'm sure they weren't over analyzers leaking estrogen on the subject, they just didn't know.

Now, that’s what I’m talking about.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, fact is, if we're blessed with enough years, we'll ALL be back to crawling on the floor, toothless and bald headed, no keys, no driving, and waiting on someone to feed us and change our diaper, memories fade, we are all getting closer to being helpless ignorant kids everyday, how i see a thread like this:

1911 safe carry.......

Read
Light bulb lit
Thanks for the reminder
Recorded and memorized

Then go on about my day.

Dad may tell me something 100 times as a kid, when he asked me about it, i best recite/run it exactly the way i was taught, if not, i got gathered up by the collar, pulled in close and had to look at and listen to The Devil! ; ]

Trump Won!
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

mike r

It's ok Mike.

grin

mike r

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jwp475
Chippy,

Food for thought.

Even if I know absolutely nothing, and say something correct through blind luck, it is still correct.

A defining trait of liberal democrats is their constant search for new ways to be offended. Judging from the phony outrage so loudly professed here, apparently they are not the sole possessors of this trait.

This is the campfire where when you have trampled your dik you resort to calling others "liberal democrats". You sound more like an attorney w/ every post.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.