Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Hemi

It means the vaccine is working as advertised at roll out. They claimed 94 to 95 percent effective in preventing infection. They also claimed it was effective against the mutations which has also proven th be incorrect

Negative, big gunner. They made no such claim. And yes, I did read the studies and the critiques of them when they were published.

Hopes are soaring that a Covid vaccine is within reach, following news that an interim analysis has shown Pfizer/BioNTech’s candidate to have 90% efficacy in protecting people from transmission of the virus in global trials.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/health/moderna-vaccine-barney-graham-gupta/index.html

A final analysis of the Phase 3 trial of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine shows it was 95% effective in preventing infections, even in older adults, and caused no serious safety concerns, the company said Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-safety/index.html

I can pull up more if you'd like DOC, but your statement is BS. They did make those claims.

Well, I'll give ya that CNN has made a mistake or two in the past few years, but hey, if you think they're infallible, knock yourself out.

CNN made those claims, but the published trials from Pfizer clearly stated a 95% reduction in hospitalizations, not infections.

And happily kept their mouth shut as the effectiveness was falsely touted by every medical professional that could get on TV or radio.

Definitely claimed 94 to 95% effectiveness I read that multiple times

Could we consider that to be disingenuous?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big difference between an honest mistake and calculated lies..... knowing the MSM media, I would say calculated lies.
Yet we are to believe...... no wonder I trust my common sense more than the so called experts.... sad what they have done to the medical community

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
From the get go we were told on every media outlet that the Maderna and Phizer shot was 94-95% effective. JJ slightly less. People wonder why anyone with a brain doesn’t believe any of this BS.

Liberals and Covitards will believe anything…

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by jaguartx
When VAERS reports 12,000 US deaths due to the Vax ?

Ralph, you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. VAERS reported 11,000+ adverse events, not 11,000+ deaths. There's a big difference there. You might want to dial back the outrage a notch or three and get your basic facts straight here.

That isn't true.

12+k deaths last time I looked.

Correlation isn't causation, but if this were any other vax, it would already be pulled from use.

Oops. My bad. I know I'll never live THAT down on this board. That's what I get for throwing out a quick response just before bedtime when I'm tired. Oh well.

Those that want to gloat will rejoice.

As you say, association of death within 4 weeks of receiving a CoV2 vaccine is pretty sketchy... I have read reports that actual PROVEN deaths from the vaccines vary from 6 to 10. Also: if you do a cohort comparison between persons who received a vaccine and died and persons who didn't receive a vaccine and died, the numbers aren't that far apart. I'll see if I can dig those numbers out.

Nonetheless, the VAERS data, which can be useful in some applications, are being frequently misinterpreted in the present day.

Your assertion that any other vaccine would be pulled is hard to back up, I think. The Swine Flu vaccine was pulled with almost no actual data behind the action, because the whole mess was created by politicians and political-activist journalists (we used to call them "investigation journalists" back in the day). There really hasn't been anything like this in the vaccine regulatory world since polio, so it's hard to say what the government regulators would do under other circumstances.
Honest question DR. Do you consider the COVID shot(s) a vaccine? You keep calling it that.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 08/11/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ralph, you're getting a bit ahead of yourself. VAERS reported 11,000+ adverse events, not 11,000+ deaths. There's a big difference there. You might want to dial back the outrage a notch or three and get your basic facts straight here.

That isn't true.

Correlation isn't causation, but if this were any other vax, it would already be pulled from use.

Oops. My bad. I know I'll never live THAT down on this board. That's what I get for throwing out a quick response just before bedtime when I'm tired. Oh well.

As you say, association of death within 4 weeks of receiving a CoV2 vaccine is pretty sketchy... I have read reports that actual PROVEN deaths from the vaccines vary from 6 to 10. Also: if you do a cohort comparison between persons who received a vaccine and died and persons who didn't receive a vaccine and died, the numbers aren't that far apart. I'll see if I can dig those numbers out.

Nonetheless, the VAERS data, which can be useful in some applications, are being frequently misinterpreted in the present day.

Your assertion that any other vaccine would be pulled is hard to back up, I think. The Swine Flu vaccine was pulled with almost no actual data behind the action, because the whole mess was created by politicians and political-activist journalists (we used to call them "investigation journalists" back in the day). There really hasn't been anything like this in the vaccine regulatory world since polio, so it's hard to say what the government regulators would do under other circumstances.

If I were to confuse VAERS Covid19 Vaccine Deaths (~12,000, pre July19, or ~6,000 post July 19) with VAERS Covid19 Vaccine Adverse Events (~450,000) I would, upon self reflection, be forced to acknowledge it as evidence of an underlying bias.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by erikj
Originally Posted by Hemi

It means the vaccine is working as advertised at roll out. They claimed 94 to 95 percent effective in preventing infection. They also claimed it was effective against the mutations which has also proven th be incorrect

Negative, big gunner. They made no such claim. And yes, I did read the studies and the critiques of them when they were published.

Hopes are soaring that a Covid vaccine is within reach, following news that an interim analysis has shown Pfizer/BioNTech’s candidate to have 90% efficacy in protecting people from transmission of the virus in global trials.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/health/moderna-vaccine-barney-graham-gupta/index.html

A final analysis of the Phase 3 trial of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine shows it was 95% effective in preventing infections, even in older adults, and caused no serious safety concerns, the company said Wednesday.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/18/health/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-safety/index.html

I can pull up more if you'd like DOC, but your statement is BS. They did make those claims.

Well, I'll give ya that CNN has made a mistake or two in the past few years, but hey, if you think they're infallible, knock yourself out.

CNN made those claims, but the published trials from Pfizer clearly stated a 95% reduction in hospitalizations, not infections.

And happily kept their mouth shut as the effectiveness was falsely touted by every medical professional that could get on TV or radio.

Definitely claimed 94 to 95% effectiveness I read that multiple times

The Doc is referring to the actual reports, not media spun headlines.

Yes I understand that.

The point is that nobody in his profession was doing a GD thing to counter that narrative.

There was not one fugking person leaving those vaccine lines talking about “Oh now I can only get normal sick.”

That is bullschit. Everybody accepted to as a “cure.”

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
Big difference between an honest mistake and calculated lies..... knowing the MSM media, I would say calculated lies.
Yet we are to believe...... no wonder I trust my common sense more than the so called experts.... sad what they have done to the medical community

Calculated lies in conjunction with the pharmaceutical companies.

It is all bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kingston

That isn't true.

If I were to confuse VAERS Covid19 Vaccine Deaths (~12,000, pre July19, or ~6,000 post July 19) with VAERS Covid19 Vaccine Adverse Events (~450,000) I would, upon self reflection, be forced to acknowledge it as evidence of an underlying bias.

You beat me to it.
The big point missed by so many.....but, you know, right?...just follow "the science"...or whatever you call it so long as it fits your narrative.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kingston

Last I looked, adverse event reports on VAERS for all the covid vaccines approached 500,000.

Yes, I understand, and again, mea culpa, sorry I made that mistake. I was tired, but the 24HCF is not a forgiving place, so I'll take my lumps.

I'd like to look at these numbers again, now that I'm fully awake and have had a couple cups of coffee.

First thing, directly cut and pasted from the CDC VAERS website:

Originally Posted by CDC

More than 346 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through August 2, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,490 reports of death (0.0019%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Adverse events include such things as
-swelling, redness, and pain at injection site
-fever
-headache
-tiredness
-muscle pain
-chills
-nausea

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html

I started out to do a long set of calculations to show how these numbers compare, but then realized it was a lot of work that isn't going to convince any of y'all who are doubters anyway. So I decided to simplify it. (And by the way, if you refuse to believe the numbers I'm giving you because you "don't trust the CDC", then you can't use the CDC's VAERS numbers without being dishonest. Just a comment a priori.)

The rationale for mass vaccinations is that the benefits will far outweigh the cost adverse events.

I'm not going to dispute your claim of "500,000" adverse events, since the overwhelming majority of adverse events are trivial, as the CDC has defined them (see above quote list).

I'm not going to dispute the claim of 6490 reported vaccine-associated deaths (VADs), because that's what the CDC has claimed, and neither you nor I have any better data than the CDC puts out, whether we like it or not.

What I will dispute is that the number of deaths actually provably caused by the vaccines is anything close to 6490. I've been following the medical news and peer-reviewed papers on this, and the number of deaths that are even possibly linked to a definite vaccine-related cause is tiny. Some sources cite as many as 60, others as few as 3. I think the true number is somewhere in the middle. But even if we were to say, for the sake of argument, that 10% of the VAERS-identified VAD's were caused by the vaccine, 649, we need to put that into the context of the number of deaths prevented by the vaccine. That's the only way to do the cost-benefit analysis.

To date there are 167 million persons fully vaccinated in the USA. There are approximately 370 million people in the USA. So our first comparison has to be looking at the (exaggerated) 650 VAD's to the total persons affected, as a percentage of the population. Which is 0.000176%. Then we have to compare that to the number of people who have died from CoV2 in that same time frame. In the year 2021, to this point in time, there have been 255,176 deaths due to CoV2 in the USA (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm), or 0.079%, and 53,393 deaths in the state of Texas, or 0.18% (Worldometer.com). ​

The expected reduction in hospitalizations as predicted by the vaccine trials done by Pfizer and Moderna (95%) reflects the reduction in number of deaths due to CoV2. The only jurisdiction I follow closely (Texas) has seen that more than 99% of CoV2 deaths since February of 2021 have been in nonvaccinated persons (this is data available on TX.gov). The vulnerability of non-vaccinated persons is certainly being borne out as I type this in hospitals all across south Texas as I can personally attest.

What this suggests very strongly is that, using the 95% predictive factor from Pfizer/Moderna, by fully vaccinating our population we could have seen a reduction in deaths of about 52,860 in Texas and 242,417 in the USA as a whole.

So let's compare the numbers:

650 deaths possibly due to the vaccine
242,000 deaths preventable by the vaccine

Fellas, this is the devil's deal we have accepted with every other vaccine ever released for mass use. We know there is going to be a cost, but the benefit outweighs that cost. It's also known in ethics as the Doctrine of Competing Harms.

Under the DCH, we as physicians are often required to do a smaller harm to a patient to avoid a greater harm. If I slice your belly open with a knife, I am unquestionably causing you harm. But if I don't slice you open and remove your rotting appendix, you will die in agony from peritonitis, which is a greater harm.

As public health authorities we make the same determination. We know that a certain number of persons in a population will be harmed by any vaccine, but we justify its use nonetheless because the greater harm to the population that would be caused by withholding it.

EDITED TO ADD:
Those of you who want to dispute the VAERS data as having been altered... you can do the same comparison with the old numbers, if you like:

12,000 deaths possibly due to some association with the vaccines
242,000 deaths probably prevented by the vaccines.

The benefits still outweigh the risks by a rate of 20:1.

Last edited by DocRocket; 08/11/21.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

The point is that nobody in his profession was doing a GD thing to counter that narrative.

There was not one fugking person leaving those vaccine lines talking about “Oh now I can only get normal sick.”

That is bullschit. Everybody accepted to as a “cure.”

For a guy who claims that this disease is a nothingburger, you sure seem to be angry about it. Or maybe it's just me.

Anyways... what medical school did you attend, again? I forget...

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Honest question DR. Do you consider the COVID shot(s) a vaccine? You keep calling it that.

Seriously? "Honest question?"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Hush peon. You don’t have the necessary sophisticated MD specific knowledge necessary to understand those statistics.

Thanks for the perspicacity, Counselor.

Don't you have an ambulance to chase, or something?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don’t believe Covid solely has killed a single person. Have a vast majority of Americans forgotten people of all demographics get sick and die ? How many respiratory related deaths did the USA have prior to Bolo 19? Remember , there has not been an increase (sizable) in overall deaths at all . This is a ruse and was solely unleashed to increase the number of mail in voting ballots. The cheaters needed this huge increase in mail in ballots to pull off the steal . Was anyone at Obammy’s party social distancing or was it required? Nope, because they all (politicians and elites) know about the steal . Wake up

Wake up

Wake up

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You're calling them vaccines. Are they?

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 08/11/21.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I don’t believe Covid solely has killed a single person.
Wake up

Wake up

Wake up

If you truly don't believe Covid has killed anyone, I guess you and I have little to talk about. I've been in the room at scores of Covid deaths. I guess you'll have to come up with an entirely new explanation for why those folks died, because I sure as Hell can't.

I'll be going back into the ER for another swing of shifts on Friday. I guess I'll tell all those folks that they don't need oxygen or medicine, because Covid won't kill them. BobBrown says so. I'm sure that will be a comfort to them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

[/quote]
Yes. It is an honest question.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SBTCO

The big point missed by so many.....but, you know, right?...just follow "the science"...or whatever you call it so long as it fits your narrative.

See my reply to Kingston, a couple posts up, for clarification on my gaffe.

Again, I apologize for fecking up when I was tired last night.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don’t believe Covid solely has killed a single person.
Wake up

Wake up

Wake up

If you truly don't believe Covid has killed anyone, I guess you and I have little to talk about. I've been in the room at scores of Covid deaths. I guess you'll have to come up with an entirely new explanation for why those folks died, because I sure as Hell can't.

I'll be going back into the ER for another swing of shifts on Friday. I guess I'll tell all those folks that they don't need oxygen or medicine, because Covid won't kill them. BobBrown says so. I'm sure that will be a comfort to them.

Don’t be angry . I wasn’t addressing you

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Don’t be angry . I wasn’t addressing you

I'm not angry, and if you weren't addressing us all, you didn't make that clear. Am I not allowed to reply to a comment you made to someone else here? Is that a new rule?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hope like hell that we are nearing the peak for the Delta variant.
Things can start simmering back down for everyone.
Looking at other countries we should just about be there.

FJB & FJT
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.