Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
pjs Offline
P
Marmite is very popular in England. It seems that only those that grew up with it like it. My gandmother used to tell me it would make me stronger.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by brianmac
Feel sorry for you blokes. I've heard that meat pies are hard to get in the U S too.

& pasties, sausage rolls etc !

It is yet to be proven that any baker in the world can replicate an Aussie meat pie/rats coffin/dogs eye/mystery bag.
My wife has mastered the sausage roll and it is indistinguishable from the Aussie variety in flavour. Never was attracted to pasties though......
Also unique to Oz is the humble chips and scallops. How about the battered sav? more prawn varieties than you can recall and same day salt water catch fresh from the fish markets every day, battered like nowhere else and [bleep]' YUM! You cannot explain to those who just simply, do not know, nor ever will.

While discussing cuisine, what about Carlton Draft bottles, Toohey's New Draft and Old Draft........the local swill doesn't even enter the international beer categories because because they know they can never win on the worlds stage. Toohey's can, and did with a quinella a few years back. 2 years running. Onya!

In Oz, it takes maybe 2 beers to find what impresses an American and 3 to get him drunk. The reverse will never be true. As an ex pub owner, I know!

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I just had these two little beauties for lunch. By the way, on plain bread or toast this is about as thick as you need to spread it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dingo

I just had these two little beauties for lunch. By the way, on plain bread or toast this is about as thick as you need to spread it.

Why would you use perfectly good bread for azz wipe?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Heard guns a problematic to obtain in NZ. #surrender.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Feel sorry for you blokes. I've heard that meat pies are hard to get in the U S too.

It is yet to be proven that any baker in the world can replicate an Aussie meat pie/rats coffin/dogs eye/mystery bag.
My wife has mastered the sausage roll and it is indistinguishable from the Aussie variety in flavour. Never was attracted to pasties though......
Also unique to Oz is the humble chips and scallops. How about the battered sav? more prawn varieties than you can recall and same day salt water catch fresh from the fish markets every day, battered like nowhere else and [bleep]' YUM! You cannot explain to those who just simply, do not know, nor ever will.

While discussing cuisine, what about Carlton Draft bottles, Toohey's New Draft and Old Draft........the local swill doesn't even enter the international beer categories because because they know they can never win on the worlds stage. Toohey's can, and did with a quinella a few years back. 2 years running. Onya!

In Oz, it takes maybe 2 beers to find what impresses an American and 3 to get him drunk. The reverse will never be true. As an ex pub owner, I know!

You didn't make mention of Chiko Rolls.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Looks good Dingo. It’s like a spreadable, salty, very strong beef jerky.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Looks good Dingo. It’s like a spreadable, salty, very strong beef jerky.

Uh, no it's not.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Raferman
Heard guns a problematic to obtain in NZ. #surrender.

Yeah semiauto centerfires. Plenty of everything else.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

You didn't make mention of Chiko Rolls.

But I was, for sure, thinking it !

Been gone 16 years, didn't know if they were still a thing !

Damn, ate a lot of them in my teenage years.

Tater scallops too.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.