-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found a cure. I had plantar fasciitis and ankle sinovitis at the same time on my right foot. It caused me to miss 10 weeks of work because I failed to do anything about it early. Ankle sinovitis is very much like plantar fasciitis only it's your ankel that is in pain when you walk. I did the following:

1. Get a 5 gallon bucket
2. Put at least 2 gallons of cold water in it.
3. Freeze at least 2 20 oz. pop bottles of water.
4. Put your foot in the water and add the 2 frozen bottles of water
5. Keep your foot in the water for as long as you can. A minimum of 20 minutes and better yet 30 minutes.
6. Bring your foot out and let it slowly warm up before you walk on it. Slowly let it warm up before you walk on it.
7. Take an anti inflammatory before you go to bed.

Do this twice a day for at least a month. The second time of the day just before bed time. After you bring your foot out after the 2nd cold soaking let it warm up and take a warm shower and let the foot get warm all the way through. Go to bed and let it rest on the bed where there is no pressure from the blankets pushing down on it. It took me 8 weeks to get my foot and ankle back to normal.

If you catch this early you might get it back to normal in just a week or 2. I tried everything everyone mentioned above and I think that is what caused the ankle sinovitis.

Your foot will start feeling better in a few days. But, keep in mind if you over do it, you will be back to square one.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crusader,

I appreciate the explanation. I think I understand what was happening now.
I listen to health care professionals almost daily and learn a lot from those men and women. Sometimes I learn the most from those who have recovered from injuries. There's much to be gained from their experiences that is not always found in classrooms and texts.

Thank you

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 08/12/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my podiatrist made me some custom orthothics and gave me one of them spikey plastic balls to roll under my feet when i am sitting down. took a while but it cured it and kept me able to run for a few more years. now my knee is shot.

My diploma is a DD214
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Thanks for the advice. Its gotta be going from wearing boots 6 days a week to wearing shoes the last 3 weeks. Put my kentreks back on this morning. Helps a little

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by forester1
Thanks for the advice. Its gotta be going from wearing boots 6 days a week to wearing shoes the last 3 weeks. Put my kentreks back on this morning. Helps a little

Good luck with it.

And say hi to all the University girls for me. wink

That was one thing I missed about Pullman/Moscow when I would go up to meet friends and do a little shopping.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll say something else

Get new boots or shoes more often. Even if you try to buy new inserts, sometimes they just arent quite right.

So yeah, if you foot probs, don’t try to be one of those middle nowhere hardasses that brags about not trimming his beard for 25 years and had also worn the same pair of boots just as long.

You don’t get any fuggin hermit tough guy medal for that.

I was wearing Merrills for a couple of years each.

I started buying two pairs of Keens per year. Those Keens also have a wider toe box too, sometimes that is a nice thing too instead of the end of your foot all jammed up in other types of footwear

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’ll say something else

Get new boots or shoes more often. Even if you try to buy new inserts, sometimes they just arent quite right.

So yeah, if you foot probs, don’t try to be one of those middle nowhere hardasses that brags about not trimming his beard for 25 years and had also worn the same pair of boots just as long.

You don’t get any fuggin hermit tough guy medal for that.

I was wearing Merrills for a couple of years each.

I started buying two pairs of Keens per year. Those Keens also have a wider toe box too, sometimes that is a nice thing too instead of the end of your foot all jammed up in other types of footwear

Barefoot and moccasins more often. Strengthen them feetses.

And I trim my beard every few months, at least twice a year............whether it needs it or not.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That sounds real peachy with all the 2” angular gravel surrounding all my farm buildings, driveway, and such.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
That sounds real peachy with all the 2” angular gravel surrounding all my farm buildings, driveway, and such.

I covered the 3/4 minus with 3/8 minus just so I could walk out to the shop without shoes should I choose too.

2" angular crushed is for loggin' roads dude.

I have some Georgia Boot romeos I slip on if I know I'm going to be doing something like running the weed whacker, or carrying heavy crap that might hurt some if it hit my feet. But them suckers slip right off as soon as I get back in the house if I'm staying for more than a few minutes.

Most of the time I just slip on my sandals, with the back strap crushed down. Those come off all the time, driving in the car, sometimes even walking at the duck refuge.

I hate shoes when they ain't necessary.

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Surge rock on the logging roads. Here. 4-6”

We have this thing called mud. It eats gravel. The 2”, I have had to put that on the driveway about 4 times in the last 25 years. There’s probably 6” worth below grade now. Gone, mushed in.

It lays down eventually, no so pointy as it might sound.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, we're a little drier here. Might have been +/- 2" deep of that 3/4 stuff when we moved in. Then what little rain and snowmelt there is sucked some of it into the mud.

But, here's the kicker. When that crap freezes and thaws multiple times in a spring, it tends to bring rock back up towards the surface when it dries out.

There's half the dog yard with just native soil and a few clumps of grass. Lately I've been picking the rocks/gravel up off the surface and piling them up to pick up later.

My 3/8 minus is getting absorbed some by the 3/4 though, sifting into the spaces between where it can fit. Probably have to get another truckload next summer.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked it up approx 7 years ago. Not sure if it contributed to the development of it but I had just moved into a new house with about 100% tile floors. Those tile floors dang sure we're painful to walk on. My only treatment was putting a towel under my foot and pulling back to stretch. I kept the towel next to my bed and stretched prior to getting up. That helped right away. It went away completely after about a month. Never had it again.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lots of good info above. Let me add, tight calves and tight hamstrings are also a contributing factor. Stretch them really good and it’ll help significantly. You can also self massage the calves by laying on a hard floor with a golf ball under the calf. Roll it around using your calf. It will hurt but it made a a big difference for me.
If nothing else is working, A change in diet will help. Rid yourself of inflammatory foods and the pain will stop. I’m young (as compared to the average age here) but have a decent amount of arthritis. I quit all processed carbs and I’m amazed at the difference in how I feel including my PF not flaring up. I’ve dealt with it for 12 years or so. Good luck

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll add this for the truck drivers or folks that stay behind the wheel. The angle that a lot of seats force your feet into don't help at all. My doc told me to get rid of the heeled boots and get out of the truck at least every hour or so. He said cubical folks get the same advice.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Mine started 15 years ago, over the years I had just picked up shoes\sneakers that were on sale which did not give my arches the support they needed.

I was setup for the big boot to wear at night and other exercises but nothing helped until I was set me up with custom orthotics and good shoes which corrected the issue.

Ted
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tagged for later

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 2500HD, 222ND, 257 roberts, 69 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,692
Posts18,534,541
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.