OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

You are full of more BS than fruit cake. He just pointed out the obvious.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

You come across as a genuine price

Even if I know absolutely nothing, and say something correct through blind luck, it is still correct.

A defining trait of liberal democrats is their constant search for new ways to be offended. Judging from the phony outrage so loudly professed here, apparently they are not the sole possessors of this trait.

This is the campfire where when you have trampled your dik you resort to calling others "liberal democrats". You sound more like an attorney w/ every post.

mike r

Every day’s an adventure.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Chippy,

The interesting thing about all that, is nowhere in that long winded reply is there a single reference to you being a certified 1911 armorer for an agency, or holding any factory certificates that relate to the 1911. Neither basic or advanced.

Being a civilian contractor in AFG and teaching legal/paperwork matters, and watching our military do things off base, while you sit on-post is not relevant to 1911s. I know darn well you were not carrying a 1911, as I am intimately familiar with what weapons systems were on the books with DOS during your stated time frame. Attending law school is also not relevant. If this topic were about prosecuting drunks who crashed on the I-5, then some of your background would be relevant.

18 months of active service, with most of that spent teaching MP things, then as you state, before long becoming a provost marshal investigator for the rest of your 18 months of active service, is again not relevant.

Again, nowhere in there is there documented in-depth training on the internal workings of a 1911 such as on the level that a unit armorer would receive, or even at the level of a state police armorer, such as attending the Colt 1911 armorer school. And that is just the very most basic of levels.

Nowhere is there anything about you teaching any armorer schools as an SME. If you were an SME, it is likely that you would have a resume that showed you as instructing 1911 specific classes. There is nothing.

The funny part is that a great many of us can recognize the "Baffle them with BS" schtick when we see it, and it is no surprise that when your background doesn't really measure up, you just throw out a bunch of totally irrelevant fluff to make your lack of qualifications less obvious, such as talking about watching an A-10 drop ordinance. While watching an A-10 drop bombs is cool, it has absolutely nothing to do with how a 1911 works. But as you know throwing out fluff to mask facts (such as lack of creds in this case), is something that attorneys do.

You might want to slow your roll a bit. You don't know your audience or their backgrounds. One thing is universal. Nobody like unsolicited advice, especially when it is from someone who thinks they know more than everyone one else, and comes across as "my way is the only way".

Food for thought.

Okay, I should have known you were up to no good. There were certainly enough clues. But, hope springs eternal, and so I took your bait, even after I said I wouldn’t. That’s a horse on me.

To you, it seems, no one can acquire knowledge except through formal, documented training. So, acquiring knowledge through life experiences doesn’t count in your personal, autocratic world?

If you can identify anything I have posted on this forum which is actually false, do it now.

Otherwise, let’s get down to your real problem. Just what is the basis for your belief that you have been appointed to act as the gatekeeper for this forum on behalf of all its viewers? What qualifies you to determine for everyone else what should be said here, and by whom?

You are full of more BS than fruit cake. He just pointed out the obvious.

You try to come across as all knowing yet aren't all know and yet you act as if you are superior yet you are not.

You come across as a genuine price

Even if I know absolutely nothing, and say something correct through blind luck, it is still correct.

A defining trait of liberal democrats is their constant search for new ways to be offended. Judging from the phony outrage so loudly professed here, apparently they are not the sole possessors of this trait.

This is the campfire where when you have trampled your dik you resort to calling others "liberal democrats". You sound more like an attorney w/ every post.

mike r

But, not incorrect though, eh?

Full of schidt though, eh.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Exchipy Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
[quote=lvmiker]

mike r[/quote

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

mike r

That lame crack won’t impress your troll friends much. You need to give your would-be insults more thought.

Which of you are over 70?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Thought this thread was about 1911s, I have carried a 1911 since 1958, and have managed not to shoot myself or any thing or anyone i didn't need or want to shoot, McKay Sagebrush, has my vote, this other guy sounds like he is full of SCHITT! YMMV Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in. Been chuckling pretty good.

Swifty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Swifty52
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in off. Been chuckling pretty good.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Swifty52
This whole thing sounds like a Larry Root suck in off. Been chuckling pretty good.

😀😀

Swifty
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Word of advice. Tennesseans do not take kindly to folks moving to Tennessee and telling them how to do things.

I have found that good people everywhere appreciate good advice offered with the sincere intention to keep them from harm. But, I would never presume to tell ignorant jerks what to do, wherever they are, because there is simply no point to it.

There is a valid reason Tennessee was a good place to live while California was not….people like you.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

mike r

That lame crack won’t impress your troll friends much. You need to give your would-be insults more thought.

He did. He called you an "attorney", but you missed that one.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7

Thought this thread was about 1911s, I have carried a 1911 since 1958, and have managed not to shoot myself or any thing or anyone i didn't need or want to shoot, McKay Sagebrush, has my vote, this other guy sounds like he is full of SCHITT! YMMV Rio7

Yep. Agree. And I’ve only been carrying a 1911 since 1978 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Having made the mistake of reading this thread I'll admit that "pompous ass" is the first reaction that I had. "What a great safety tip" was nowhere in the top 20.

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J

I have found that good people everywhere appreciate good advice offered with the sincere intention to keep them from harm. But, I would never presume to tell ignorant jerks what to do, wherever they are, because there is simply no point to it.

And there it is, the condescending attitude of supposed superiority. Single sentence seals it.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote=lvmiker]

mike r[/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^DOUCHEBAG^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So the Highway Patrol cop from California is pissing everybody off, huh?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
So the Highway Patrol cop from California is pissing everybody off, huh?

Not everybody, just those eager to be offended and their sycophants.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's what a highway patrol cop would say.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

Yessir.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

You forgot to add from California.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
What would you know about shooting (or police work) Blue?

You are part of the M9 Generation.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.