Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
That's a lot of good experience and skill GEEZERS in one place.

I regret missing it.

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/13/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We had a pretty strong geezer quotient this time, with some lovely geezerettes to raise the level of class, but these geezers are outstanding at thinking/discussing/figuring stuff, and did some fine shooting as well.

Roadrunner configured that center pole for the big tarp cover and rigged it firmly with advice/assistance from other engineers on site. Darby, OldmanRandy and Ed2many were well into the food prep - good stuff and with some lady help - and Seafire engineered the sanitation program. Miles peeled some onions, brought a bunch of steaks and George Dickel. Owl brought a lot of beverages and a HAM radio setup. Seemed like everyone pitched in with good equipment, food stuff and good will.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. You need something done correctly, Geezers will get it done. Probably 1,500 years of experience represented at Army Joe this year.

I did notice the center pole under the big tarp and the gun stand.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
This was my first gathering but certainly not my last. Even though there were no kids there, my wife and I had our 2 mini daschaunds which created quite a stir. Thanks again to Miles for initial training of what is sure to be a low slung squirrel dog.
I want to say how enjoyable the weekend was and the fire members and their wives made it super special. Thanks to Paul and all those who put it together. We can't wait until the next one.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by CCCC
We had a pretty strong geezer quotient this time, with some lovely geezerettes to raise the level of class, but these geezers are outstanding at thinking/discussing/figuring stuff, and did some fine shooting as well.

Roadrunner configured that center pole for the big tarp cover and rigged it firmly with advice/assistance from other engineers on site. Darby, OldmanRandy and Ed2many were well into the food prep - good stuff and with some lady help - and Seafire engineered the sanitation program. Miles peeled some onions, brought a bunch of steaks and George Dickel. Owl brought a lot of beverages and a HAM radio setup. Seemed like everyone pitched in with good equipment, food stuff and good will.

Paul,

I can only hope I maintain my mind as you have. I miss it every year, as you know, because we are in north Idaho. We drove through evac'ing Idaho wildfires so we were almost there. BTW, if you ever get to selling your blue car PM me please...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hi Ed - sure wish you could be with us again sometime - would be very good for all involved.

Had not thought about it until your mention, but any mind maintenance now is probably simply a matter of keeping it challenged and engaged. No release bearing.

Yes, the blue scooter probably will become an interesting issue. Got it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That looks like a lot of fun. I see the forests there are very similar to S CA, with ponderosa and Jeffrey pine, and not a lot of underbrush. Probably some manzanita around.

I hope to go to one of those get together in the next few years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
That looks like a lot of fun. I see the forests there are very similar to S CA, with ponderosa and Jeffrey pine, and not a lot of underbrush. Probably some manzanita around.

I hope to go to one of those get together in the next few years.

That particular small section of forest you see is pretty good...

But most of the Natl. Forest land in NM is overgrown, under logged, and bark beetle killed. Tinderbox waiting for a spark.

The nation's forests are grossly mismanaged.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
That looks like a lot of fun. I see the forests there are very similar to S CA, with ponderosa and Jeffrey pine, and not a lot of underbrush. Probably some manzanita around. I hope to go to one of those get together in the next few years.
That particular small section of forest you see is pretty good...
But most of the Natl. Forest land in NM is overgrown, under logged, and bark beetle killed. Tinderbox waiting for a spark. The nation's forests are grossly mismanaged.
Barry is right on the mark - that area was "thinned" very nicely a few years ago - local logger contracted by USFS. The FS people are clever - this area has more "visitors" and some nearby residents. There are many large areas nearby that are a mess, as Barry notes.

OO - yes, predominant ponderosa, with juniper and pinion mixed in, and some oak and a bit of aspen nearer water sources. This is at 8k ft. elevation. No manzanita at all.

Hope you get to one of these.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A few more photos in

Deep discussion
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lovely Jo prepping a great stew

Darby's camper

Nap time central

Steve praying for more rain

Fish cooking crew - very successful

IC B3

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
UP

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 51 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,831
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.