Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hanco
Get vaccinated, get degree, live happy. Just my opinion, which ain’t worth nothing. We have been vaccinated all our lives, this one ain’t gonna hurt a person anymore than the others. If everyone would have gotten vaccinated, this crap would have died out already according to my doctor, but what does he know, he is only a doctor.

One man's opinion about it, that's all. No worries brother Hanco.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Potential legal exposure to a employer who mandates the jab as a condition of employment ???

Big pharma is protected from liabilities, should the jab cause side effects, now, and into the future.

Possibly, an employer wouldn’t have such legal protection.

An attorney could say if a lawsuit is attainable against her employer, if she takes the shot and develops a medical side effect from it.

Something akin to asbestos mesothelioma or any other variety of health problems that companies are being sued for, for making employees exposed to a toxin as a condition of employment.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Potential legal exposure to a employer who mandates the jab as a condition of employment ???

Big pharma is protected from liabilities, should the jab cause side effects, now, and into the future.

An attorney could say if a lawsuit is attainable against her employer, if she takes the shot and develops a medical side effect from it.

Something akin to asbestos mesothelioma or any other variety of health problems that companies are being sued for, for making employees exposed to a toxin as a condition of employment.

🦫

That would seem to me to be what ought to be the risk, but I think employers are far more attuned to the “risk” of having some unvaccinated employee accused of being some sort of vector for the super deadly virus and having THAT laid at their feet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

That would seem to me to be what ought to be the risk, but I think employers are far more attuned to the “risk” of having some unvaccinated employee accused of being some sort of vector for the super deadly virus and having THAT laid at their feet.

Good point.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by wdenike
Daughter is in nursing school. And YRMC hospital, and the VA. Are mandating the jab for her to complete her required clinical. No clinical,no nursing degree. Any legal advice?

Take car, Willie

Same here. One of our daughters has her Masters degree in nursing and has been working for the Veterans Administration for several years now. She told me they all were all given notice that they will be required to get the covid-19 shots.

She needs to make them fire her, not quit.

Neither is a reasonable solution in her situation.

As I said, she's been working for VA for several years now but still has a ways to go to be eligible for VA retirement pension and benefits. Also, she has a good job that pays well with good benefits at VA and that's not physically demanding as working in an ordinary hospital would be, which is very important for her as she suffered severe spinal injuries in a bad car wreck about 20 years ago that left her with a screwed up back. Much money and time already spent getting her degrees, ...too much to change career fields now.

Regarding litigation over firing of employees by employers for refusing to get mandatory inoculations, what about in 'At Will' states?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's not derail this with union/anti BS that involves 150 years of both
legitimate and not arguments.

People need to follow the ideas of old with solidarity.
We have been conditioned for years to "Look out for #1,
dog eat dog, climb over your co-workers bodies to the top".

The solution to this isn't to be self serving, it's to stand with
your compatriots. The greater good in this case, is the individual good also.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought there was a religious exemption?

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Tell her to just take the vaccine. It's free, it takes about 30 seconds, a hundred million Americans or more have gotten it, there are no provable side effects.

And it's been proven to either prevent or greatly diminish the symptoms of Covid.

And any other employer will very soon require it as well.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
I thought there was a religious exemption?

Me too. ??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daughter is in nursing school. And YRMC hospital, and the VA. Are mandating the jab for her to complete her required clinical. No clinical,no nursing degree. Any legal advice?
A choice among priorities. If she is dead set against having the required shot, she has options. YMRC and the Prescott VA are not her only situations for doing her clinical work. although it may cost her some time to interrupt those and set up elsewhere. The faculty in her program can and should help her with such options.

She probably can not meet the local college requirement for the ADN degree without the clinical component required, but she very well may be able to sit for the state cert test anyway.

if she decides to face off against the requirement by those two entities, she should soon request relief from their requirement in writing with explicit reasoning and copies to all appropriate parties (document, document, document). In that communication, she should speak to the potential effect on her degree, certification and career as a result of their in-stream arbitrary and capricious action (most likely, any such requirement was not in any agreement she may have signed) and make certain that any unusual action is done by them. She should make her case, keep doing a good job in the clinical, document every thing/every day, and leave the action ball in their court.

Just some off-the-cuff ideas this morning. You may wish to consult with actual experts.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Take car, Willie

Way back when, we all had to have Hep B vax or no clinic, so there is precedence.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by hatari

Take car, Willie

Way back when, we all had to have Hep B vax or no clinic, so there is precedence.

Also, for as far back as I can remember, kids have had to have up to date records of getting all the required mandatory inoculations before being allowed to enroll in public schools.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've said this before, can't be much of a real pandemic if they are firing docs and nurses that would be needed to take care of folks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP, hope something works out for your girl.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I've said this before, can't be much of a real pandemic if they are firing docs and nurses that would be needed to take care of folks.
Absolutely.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by blindshooter
OP, hope something works out for your girl.
Me too. Prayers uplifted.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hatari

Take car, Willie

Because they both have the same history of development, testing and long term use.

Give your head a shake.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Had to brand, medicate, and ear mark some late calves this morning. Thanks to all that were sincere with recommendations. She will probably go the religious exemption route.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck.

Darn shame we can't find simple, honest data concerning this virus.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 3,204 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.