Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have been trying to find the cooker controls to make sous vide steak.. but no one has them in stock.... I can order one but it takes a week for delivery... anyone know who would have them in stock that I could drive to and buy one??? thanks..

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Play around with the burner on an electric range, a big pot of water and a thermometer....not too difficult to regulate the water temp to cook the steak to your preferred level of doneness, especially if you're going to finish it off either in a skillet or on the grill. All of my steaks go to 110 - 115 degrees in the sous vide, (or stove top) then varying amounts of time on the grill to finish / sear.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hubert
I have been trying to find the cooker controls to make sous vide steak.. but no one has them in stock.... I can order one but it takes a week for delivery... anyone know who would have them in stock that I could drive to and buy one??? thanks..

I saw one at Wal Mart the other day that was a complete solution. Not just the stick, but it had large bin and cover that it fit into by design. Basically, it appeared to be something someone might have sitting on a table at a BBQ plugged into an outside outlet, with 20 steaks in it, getting ready to throw on the hot grill.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
Play around with the burner on an electric range, a big pot of water and a thermometer....not too difficult to regulate the water temp to cook the steak to your preferred level of doneness, especially if you're going to finish it off either in a skillet or on the grill. All of my steaks go to 110 - 115 degrees in the sous vide, (or stove top) then varying amounts of time on the grill to finish / sear.

We love our Sous Vide and it is easy to maintain the temp without watching it, but this would work if you can monitor it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anova on Amazon. Free delivery to my locale by Wednesday the 18th..............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Anova on Amazon. Free delivery to my locale by Wednesday the 18th..............

I have that one and it works well.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like making really thick pork chops with that thing. Otherwise, I either under cook the things and risk getting sick or over cook them and they're all dried out.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I found one at best buy in MD.. they had 2 so I bought one.. it was not the one I really wanted,, but I am sure it will work good enough to let me know if it is something I will enjoy doing... some people in our house don't like to cook.. so I will try to take up the slack.. but anything I cook has to be good or I won't do it... I like rotisserie chicken and am quite good at it, when I make it the whole chicken is eaten...thats what I like no leftovers. HA

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use my electric Turkey fryer filled with water and set the temp with this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322059258645

Works perfect.

Last edited by steve4102; 08/17/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I did a steak with a pot and thermometer . it worked perfect the steak was so tender it almost fell apart and was super good... I think that is how the steak houses get their steaks so tender... I like the pot & thermometer way I can do as many steaks as I want ahead of time and just finish the final cooking as the eater wants it....

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the Anova and cut a hole in top of a cooler. Holds the heat better than a pot

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got one off Amazon last I looked it's not around ..mannel slow cooker6qt turn on high remove the lid knob put the probe in the water and plug in to cord cube then in towall socket set temperature it cycles on and off and it's dead nuts on to !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a Kitchenboss from Amazon. Works well. I don't think it much matters which one you get. I just picked one folks seemed to like. Gonna try to rescue some tough venison round with it tomorrow. Already have the meat seasoned (no salt) and sealed in the bag. The hands-off convenience makes the cost worthwhile to me.

Last thing I cooked with it was some NY strip. Came out very tender and juicy. Seared it in a hot pan when it was done, then let it rest while I heated up the bag juice and some canned mushrooms in that same pan. Good stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,628
Posts18,474,244
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.