-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hate seeing the politics going on in this country, unchecked illegal immigration and what will be left for my kids one day. Today it felt good to go out and relax spending time doing the things that brought me to this site.

It was nearly 90 degrees today so I went out later in the afternoon with some shade and it wasn’t to bad. With the cost of ammo and limited availability I tend to bring more guns chambered in more cartridges to drag out the time and ammo shot. More guns to get out and set up for on various ranges while also moving gear around usually results in less ammo shot per time spent. I went through three boxes of Wolf 9x19mm between a Glock and a couple of CZ’s. Two boxes of .45 ACP one each through a Dan Wesson and FN .45 Tactical all shooting on steel plates.

A few boxes of 22lr through a Ruger 10/22 with mannlicher stock and a Single Six

A few boxes of 5.56mm through a plain Jane PSA AR with 18” stainless barrel that’s a nice shooter. I set it up for 3 gun awhile back but never really found the time to get into it. And a box 6.5 Grendel through a CZ 527 that I hadn’t shot until today but wanted to zero in for my stepson and an upcoming youth deer hunt next month. The CZ 527 didn’t set the world on fire for tight groups it wanted to string everything vertically and only averaged about 1.5 MOA with the Hornandy 123 grain SST ammo that I was shooting. Overall I really like the rifle for how it handles and carries and the “mini Mauser” action that it’s built on. The action was gritty but it will hopefully smooth out some over time there was just something really fun about it. Recoil is easily comfortable even off of a bench with just a t-shirt. I could have ran several boxes through it but decided to save two. I’m looking forward to shooting some steel offhand with it down the road. Cool cartridge. It has enough thump for anything from crows to deer at most hunting ranges and is a fun gun and cartridge.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like a great afternoon

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's what I need to do is at least go to the range and shoot my 22 pistol and rifles. won't be long till I'll check the zero on what ever rifle I decide to deer hunt with.
Too bad about that ban on Russian ammo. You won't be able to get your Wolf 9mm.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you meet a bunch of Democrats who were switching parties?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1
That's what I need to do is at least go to the range and shoot my 22 pistol and rifles. won't be long till I'll check the zero on what ever rifle I decide to deer hunt with.

Shooting that Wolf felt like I was shooting a future collectible. LOL (maybe I was). There’s not much better for the sole than range time or walking the pines after a fresh rain or snow.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Did you meet a bunch of Democrats who were switching parties?

Just one but some guy with heavy artillery put an end to it right quick when they got loud and he pistol whipped them!

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We cant shoot here right now cause of the ongoing fires and potential to start new ones etc....but I did load all my reloading/shooting stuff into my trailer in case we had to GTFO. This year is a write off, haven't fired a shot.
So now, an opportunity to clean the reloading bench and organize as I put it back, which hopefully will be in a day or two.

Last edited by 673; 08/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Where about in N.E. Texas if you don’t mind my asking? I was “made in Texas.” Carthrage, TX. My mom’s side is from Michigan, my parents moved back to Michigan just before I was born after my dad lost some fingers in a sawmill accident.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I go to the range every other week, take a 9mm, a .22 and .44 magnum. Most times I'm the only one on the pistol range and the rifle range may have a shooter or two. The high ammo prices and scarcity of reloading components have effected range usage in my area drastically.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It just feels good to go shoot sometimes.

I call it trigger therapy.

I always feel better after.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I get to the range at least once a week, and sometime two or three times a week. I'll be glad when the cooler weather comes. It's more enjoyable to be there when it's not blazing hot.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I get to the range at least once a week, and sometime two or three times a week. I'll be glad when the cooler weather comes. It's more enjoyable to be there when it's not blazing hot.

Livin’ the dream. Must be nice being retired:) Probably 18 more years for me but I hope to do it in 16 years. It’s always fun seeing your range reports and cool stuff that you pull out of the safes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was out at the range Thursday. Sighting in new scope on the deer rifle and breaking in a new AR upper. Mid 70s in the morning which is very rare here in August.
Was surprised at how few shooters were there.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Not only retired, but widowed 2 years ago, now I get no flack about what I want to buy. Small consolation. Only about 10 miles, half dirt with 2 "low water" bridges to a nice little 100 yard range. 8 good benches on a slab, 25 and 50 yard target fences. I have to check postings next time, I think it is courtesy of USFS.

I don't have too many guns, I just need a bigger safe.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillAF84
Not only retired, but widowed 2 years ago, now I get no flack about what I want to buy. Small consolation. Only about 10 miles, half dirt with 2 "low water" bridges to a nice little 100 yard range. 8 good benches on a slab, 25 and 50 yard target fences. I have to check postings next time, I think it is courtesy of USFS.

I’m sorry to hear about the lose of your wife. A small consolation. Hunting, shooting, reading about hunting and gun articles over and over since I was a kid have been a big part of my life as far back as I can remember. Dreaming about this grail gun or that has been a passion since I could stand at the the gun counter at K-Mart and dream about all of the things I’d hunt with a Remington 66 as a little kid. It’s something that I know and like and can have fun with and relate to like minded people.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My 527 6.5 wasn’t very accurate either. I futzed with the barrel channel a bit to no avail. Finally, I gave it up as my Fieldcraft shot well and was lighter. Later, I bought a Howa Mini, which has been easy-peasy, if not so pretty. Perhaps some more work would have resulted in better results with the CZ, but the Howa cost about half as much and is a better performer.

Sounds like a good day. As long as you’re able, keep at it. I’ve been hitting it pretty good myself, averaging about two trips a week; shotgun, rifles, and some pistol. Ammo isn't a problem, and won’t be for a long time, thankfully. Nearest range is 5 minutes away.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My 527 6.5 wasn’t very accurate either. I futzed with the barrel channel a bit to no avail. Finally, I gave it up as my Fieldcraft shot well and was lighter. Later, I bought a Howa Mini, which has been easy-peasy, if not so pretty. Perhaps some more work would have resulted in better results with the CZ, but the Howa cost about half as much and is a better performer.

Sounds like a good day. As long as you’re able, keep at it. I’ve been hitting it pretty good myself, averaging about two trips a week; shotgun, rifles, and some pistol. Ammo isn't a problem, and won’t be for a long time, thankfully. Nearest range is 5 minutes away.

I almost bought a Fieldcraft a few weeks ago Chambered in .308 with 21” barrel with a first 100 serial number factory display model new in box. I had the winning bid in on Gunbroker with no other bids. I was about to check in on it with less than five minutes to go when I got busy at work. I checked in on it 10-15 minutes later and had already sold. Saved me 2k but I feel like a loser.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 49 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,506
Posts18,472,295
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.