Settle down Beavis

Just one more OK???

Give me a few..😄😄😄

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rwa3006
Most folks don't know yet that Tula is building a plant in Washington and only new import permits are being denied for the year.

Goods in transit will hit the docks as usual and those guys wanting new permits may reapply next year.

Suppliers aren't hurting any more than usual. We're not worrying too much yet.

Other than Tula going bang and being 4 to 8 moa ammo in most AK and SKS platforms, but rifles can be finicky some actually shoot Tula good.

You think with this new Tula ammunition plant( in WA state of all places) they can get their SD,s down around the lows teens and make 2 to 3 moa ammo?
I mean with new jobs at a new Tula ammo plant in WA ( of all places) their QC should go up right??

Sure would be cool if ya could put up a link about this new plant.

Inquiring minds and lotsa shooters on here would like to know.

Kinda a weather the storm in the interval with light at the end of the tunnel thing man....

Give us a ray of sunshine and put up a link dude.
Any info would be welcomed by many on here I'm sure......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I've never shot a Russian round in my life. They can have it.

I’ve shot piles of Wolf non-reloading ammo in 9mm and 45ACP.

Never had a problem with it…At the time it was available, cheap, and accurate enough for practice.

🦫

Plus cheap range ammo and you don’t have to feel bad about not picking around in the heat for the empty cases.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Most folks don't know yet that Tula is building a plant in Washington and only new import permits are being denied for the year.

Goods in transit will hit the docks as usual and those guys wanting new permits may reapply next year.

Suppliers aren't hurting any more than usual. We're not worrying too much yet.

You need to read the 4 conditions for review in 12months per the executive branch and state dept statement.

Please give us a link on the tula ammo plant in WA

Btt.....

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I’ve shot piles of Wolf non-reloading ammo in 9mm and 45ACP.

Never had a problem with it…At the time it was available, cheap, and accurate enough for practice.

🦫

Plus cheap range ammo and you don’t have to feel bad about not picking around in the heat for the empty cases.

All that russian .22 ammo all over the ground too.

Oh well give it a couple yrs.
Some of the ranges nationwide will look well maintained thru non use..

Sure wish that rwa3006 cat would put up a link for even a tiny sliver of info about that new tula plant in WA ( of all places)

Give us some hope to be patient and bide time until high QC low SD tula steel case is produced here in the USA in the great state of WA
( of all places)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dukester

Exactly. I'm not being a troll, but have a hard time understanding the idea that it's all good to buy Russian ammo but there's so much hate for anything from China, like optics. I would think you're either buy all American (at least when possible) or not. Russia is still our adversary, just like China.

As an aside, when I was looking for a new stapler I went to Staples and Office Max to look for one and there were NO staplers at ANY price that were not made in China. None. A search online did not yield any other options, either. I went on Ebay and bought a perfectly good used Swingline that was made in the good ol, USA. It's sitting on my desk at work right now. :-D

The ban on Russian ammo, though, was just a poor attempt at satisfying the anti gunners. How much sense does it make to ban ammo from them yet allow them to be the number 2 behind Canada as our foreign oil supplier?? We can stop drilling in the US halt construction on the Keystone Pipeline, ban Russian ammo but up our purchase of oil??? Brilliant.

I avoid Chinese optics because they’re mostly trash. Russian ammo goes bang as intended. For reliable, range ammo, that’s often cheaper than reloading you can’t beat Russian ammo. I’d buy Chinese range ammo also if the price were right, and it worked but Clinton already banned that. For some cartridges ie 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 you have to go out of your way to not buy Russian ammo.

Anyone that doesn’t see that were more provocative towards Russia than they are towards us in 2021 has there head up there ass. Putin is a better country first President for his country by far than Biden is for the US. It’s the US that cheated a sitting President out a second term in office after impeaching him on fake charges while trying to implicate Russia in it. Now the US is cutting off more trade with Russia while turning a blind eye to the rampant political corruption and human rights abuses in China and bio assault that China released on the world. China hates the US and hates Caucasians as a whole for being what they see as an inferior race. Russia being pro Russia and closed boarders while discouraging homosexual behavior rather than promoting it should be a natural trade partner with the US. In 2021 it’s the US provoking Russia and choosing to remain hostile while we foolishly embrace China a country out to destroy us and that has bought and paid for our politicians.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Settle down Beavis

Sure wish rwa3006 would put up a link about that new Tula ammo plant in WA( of all places)

Got me pretty excited, almost jonesing about it.
Any info is good info!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 08/23/21.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Settle down Beavis

Sure wish rwa3006 would put up a link about that new Tula ammo plant in WA( of all places)

Got me pretty excited, almost jonesing about it.
Any info is good info!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pretty please rwa3006
Provide the link about the New Tula ammo plant in WA
( of all places)
Even as little info as intial negotiation talks, possible location, potential # of new jobs.
All the juicy tidbits about it man!!!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...one-in-the-know-ammo-prices#Post15778334

Last edited by renegade50; 08/23/21.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Russian firms have plants in EU countries like Romania and Bulgaria. The Russian parent companies will just re-label as being made in the EU. Who is going to know where it really comes from. Momentary glitch is all.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sorry about that. There's no link. My info comes from conversations with our importers who we deal directly with. We're just a small manufacturer (4 million rounds per month) but big enough to speak weekly with the guys who are on the front line.

Bottom line is this latest Biden maneuver was just posturing to get favor with his fading fans. As near as I can tell it will be business as usual in our plant for the foreseeable future.

We forecast that ammo availability will be much like the recent past but prices will climb due to a perceived scarcity.

That being said, my crude crystal ball tells me to stock ammo away when you find good deals but don't panic yet.

And yes, a new American Tula plant is on the horizon. Can't say much more on that except it will take time to get it built and on line.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Russian firms have plants in EU countries like Romania and Bulgaria. The Russian parent companies will just re-label as being made in the EU. Who is going to know where it really comes from. Momentary glitch is all.

Just like the sanctioned chinese honey.

Coming in from others countries in the pacific rim area countries.
Rebranded and relabeled .

Still waiting on any link rwa3006 about that new Tula ammunition plant in WA ( of all places)

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry about that. There's no link. My info comes from conversations with our importers who we deal directly with. We're just a small manufacturer (4 million rounds per month) but big enough to speak weekly with the guys who are on the front line.

Bottom line is this latest Biden maneuver was just posturing to get favor with his fading fans. As near as I can tell it will be business as usual in our plant for the foreseeable future.

We forecast that ammo availability will be much like the recent past but prices will climb due to a perceived scarcity.

That being said, my crude crystal ball tells me to stock ammo away when you find good deals but don't panic yet.

And yes, a new American Tula plant is on the horizon. Can't say much more on that except it will take time to get it built and on line.

Hmmmmmmmmmm............🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I will beleive it when I see a link......................
In Wa state...... ( Of all places)

4 million rds a month huh???
What cals or gauges????
What Company???
It will surprise me if I havent heard of your company.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ren, PM incoming....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hey rwa3006 since you kinda got your finger on the pulse of insider info on the industry.
Put a word in whoever's ear in your info system.
Tell em american shooters would love to see Tula bring back their line of Silver Bear ammunition.
I had to dig some boxes out to find my old stash of Tula Silver Bear.
Firm believer in visual aids.
Just copy the pic and forward it to whoever you hear things from in your food chain.
They might be able to get it to the Tula people in Russia in case they forgot they used to make Silver Bear.
They can show the Future Tula USA people this is what American shooters would love to have again.
They can even use the retro box design in case they forgot what it looks like!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hey rwa3006 since you kinda got your finger on the pulse of insider info on the industry.
Tell em american shooters would love to see Tula bring back their line of Silver Bear ammunition.
Just copy the pic and forward it to whoever you hear things from in your food chain.
They might be able to get it to the Tula people in Russia in case they forgot they used to make Silver Bear.
They can show the Future Tula USA people this is what American shooters would love to have again.
They can even use the retro box design in case they forgot what it looks like!!!

Word. Ha, ha, good idea. . Doubt they'd listen to me much, I'm just a little fish, but I wouldn't be surprised if they Americanized their lineup a bit to be more appealing to us. I can tell you that those folks know how to make ammo, we've been using Russian primers for a couple years now and they are awesome.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All I have to say is a person is an idiot to pay that kind of money for ammunition much less Russian type!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ren, PM incoming....

I remain skeptical about the Tula Ammunition plant in WA

Per my reply and other comments in it.

Have you read the state department ban and 4 conditions of review thru the executive branch at the end of 12 months for permit renewal to be approved by congress...

Do you honestly think the Russians will meet any of those conditions to be looked at in 12 months or ever....

This goes back to your 1st post and my quote reply of it.

Have you read it and do you understand what it says in its entirety???

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Word. Ha, ha, good idea. . Doubt they'd listen to me much, I'm just a little fish, but I wouldn't be surprised if they Americanized their lineup a bit to be more appealing to us. I can tell you that those folks know how to make ammo, we've been using Russian primers for a couple years now and they are awesome.

rwa3006

Silver Bear is made by Barnaul..........
Along with all the other bear themed line up ammo,s
Has been for decades in many calibers across the spectrum.
Common knowledge for most AK47, AKM, RPK, VZ58, and SKS shooters
And alot of hunters also.

I'm done on this thread.
Hasty laid minefield works again.
Love hasty,s aint gotta do a Azimuth or pace count sketch to ever recover em again...
Nuff said.....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,303 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.